Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

Thorgan Hazard

Nationality: Belgium

Club: Zulte Waregem (on loan from Chelsea)

Position: Winger

Good fit for: A Premier League loan move

The word

Hazard is hoping to follow in his brother's footsteps at Stamford Bridge but he is aware that a loan switch elsewhere is likely to be his next move. "After one-and-a-half years at Zulte Waregem I feel I'm getting closer to the level of Chelsea's first team, but I'm not there yet," he told Sport Voetbal Magazine. "I don't think Chelsea will be the next step in my career. If you see the difficult times Kevin De Bruyne, a Belgian international, is having at Chelsea, if you see how many other stars they have on loan all over Europe. I hope my next step will be one abroad, on loan."

Kristof's expert view

kristof-terreur-kristof-terreur-belgium_

The brother of Eden is the best midfielder in the Belgian league this season, scoring nine times and assisting 10. He's a different type of player as his brother, who's an explosive winger. He's less talented, but more determined and physically stronger than Eden. He plays as a real number 10, has a good technique, dribbles well, has excellent passing and scores goals. He also has pace and dictates the tempo.

He has a good chance of winning the Golden Boot, the award for the best player of 2013 in the Belgian League. He really is the beating heart of Zulte Waregem. He is likely to play there for the rest of the season unless Chelsea decide to call him back (which he doesn't expect) although Anderlecht are also keen to take him for six months. Next year he wants to join a team outside of Belgium on loan and his ultimate dream is to play with his brother in the same team.

^Thorgan's extract from this article: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9094094/targets-belgium

Basically Sky Sports' Belgian correspondent's views on 5 young Belgians that are being linked with PL teams. Seems like he rates Thorgan Hazard highly, and he is actually quite critical of other players in the article.

^Thorgan's extract from this article: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9094094/targets-belgium

Basically Sky Sports' Belgian correspondent's views on 5 young Belgians that are being linked with PL teams. Seems like he rates Thorgan Hazard highly, and he is actually quite critical of other players in the article.

Nice article. Surprised he has said Thorgan is physically stronger than Eden though. Thorgan is a lot younger and has been playing in a league that is not as physical as the Premier League. Even though Eden Hazard is not the biggest he has one of the best balance in the whole of the PL which is why it is so difficult to knock him off the ball. Thunk that is too early to say he is stronger than Eden but if he recognises that Thorgan is also got good balance that is a good sign as when he gets older, this will help him as he will have the pace and technique combined with the balance to make it in the PL imo.

"He's less talented, but more determined and physically stronger than Eden."

What a bullshit sentence. How is Eden not "determined"? And they seem to have a similar build.

"He's less talented, but more determined and physically stronger than Eden."

What a bullshit sentence. How is Eden not "determined"? And they seem to have a similar build.

In Belgium, physically stronger means capable of running longer forn longer period.

Eden is physically stronger. He's more powerful than Thorgan.

Anderlecht is still pushing to loan Thorgan Hazard untill the end of the season, if possible with a option to buy.

Zulte saying they have a strong case and that Thorgan's contract won't allow him to leave now.

Tbc..

Whats the point loaning him out to Anderlecht?

At the beginning of the season i would understand since they were playing in the CL and it would have been great experience for Thorgan.

But now it doesnt make any sense,i have the feeling that Anderlecht mainly want to weaken a title contender.

Leave him at Zulte till the end of the season and in the summer a loan to a PL team makes the most sense to me .

Of course they want to weaken a contender (don't really think they'll be competing till the end though).

Personally, he'll find much more players of his level at Anderlecht. It would be a dick-move, but it might benefit him in the end.

Whats the point loaning him out to Anderlecht?

At the beginning of the season i would understand since they were playing in the CL and it would have been great experience for Thorgan.

But now it doesnt make any sense,i have the feeling that Anderlecht mainly want to weaken a title contender.

Leave him at Zulte till the end of the season and in the summer a loan to a PL team makes the most sense to me .

At this point there's no reason for him to go Anderlecht. I'm hoping that he can get a low mid table PL loan in 2014-2015 to a team like Aston Villa, Hull, Cardiff, etc just keep him away from Pulis.

Read on voetbalnieuws.be Anderlecht booked a plane ticket for Thorgan to join them on their winter break in abu dhabi...

Not sure if it's a good thing to do, he Will be surrounded by better players, many growing young talent but from what I can tell, Dury is a better coach for him.

I think he could have a regular starting spot in Anderlecht too... :)

Oh he will and I suppose he could be a pied piper and lead Youri Tielemans to Chelsea. Although Chelsea Still, the move isn't that great because he's still in the Belgian league. He needs a step up in class. French mid table team (Lyon) would have been the better move.

I'm guessing Chelsea wants to develop a stronger pipeline to Anderlecht and who wouldn't really. Lukaku, Musonda Jr., Tielemans, Mitrovic, plus a big pipeline into one of the top Belgian academies.

I think unless some Belgian players other than Eden Hazard start becoming regulars for Chelsea, it won't be that easy anymore to attract the younger generation. They've seen what happened to KDB and Lukaku. I think the smarter ones (read: the ones everyone would like to buy), are going to take smaller steps towards the top. Hazard had been proving himself for four years in the French league. That's a different story.