Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Winger or striker, wide player or clinical finisher, football is played with 11 men on the field, for a player to be good/best he needs to play like a team player and adapt into positions which he has been given. Danny boy tends to get selfish lot of times (which has got him the goals) which kills off the attacking momentum which was created. Simple example, first goal that we hit yest against Napoli: look where Raimers releases the ball, perfect. Now put Danny boy in that situation and he would dribble it all the way to the box, then pass or try cutting inside, shoot. In both cases we lose out the attacking momentum which was built.

He really has to first think about the team and i m sure that would really make him a better player.

Winger or striker, wide player or clinical finisher, football is played with 11 men on the field, for a player to be good/best he needs to play like a team player and adapt into positions which he has been given. Danny boy tends to get selfish lot of times (which has got him the goals) which kills off the attacking momentum which was created. Simple example, first goal that we hit yest against Napoli: look where Raimers releases the ball, perfect. Now put Danny boy in that situation and he would dribble it all the way to the box, then pass or try cutting inside, shoot. In both cases we lose out the attacking momentum which was built.

He really has to first think about the team and i m sure that would really make him a better player.

Agree. OK Torres missed an open goal but his tracking back and play was far superior and we looked better when he came on

Agree. OK Torres missed an open goal but his tracking back and play was far superior and we looked better when he came on

Exactly my point. I m sure today even the Gods would have no answer as to when Torres would score however he puts in the effort for the team. He looked sharp when he came on, yes another miss but he didnt sulk under it, still kept running trying to take on defenders. This is something what Danny boy has to understand and learn, he is young and has the potential to be a real good one. I m sure he would be scoring more and more goals but the journey from "good potential player" to be "among the best" to the "elite one" is very long and team play is one of the most important attributes which the best needs to have in its arsenal.

we need to show patience with Danny .when he joined us he was very one footed ...he has worked very hard to improve his right foot.

Now he needs to work on his distribution ,,but when he hits a poor spell ,,,STICK with him

It's not his performances that I have a problem with, it's his attitude! He throws a fit every time he gets substituted. Doesn't argue with the manager, yeah, but his body language is horrible. Always slumps his shoulders, shakes his head and mumbles to himself, doesn't look the substitute in the eye and stomps off to his seat on the bench. Really poor attitude. Especially considering he has only been playing regular first-team football for a year now.

I think people are very harsh on Daniel Sturridge, he had a good game against Napoli, Sturridge for me hasn't had one bad game this season, he can get lost in games but that's because the midfield can't pass the fucking ball to the front 3. Sturridge showed pure quality made a great square but Drogba couldn't get on the end of it, it was too fast for him, Mata could of gotten it, but Cannavro was in the way and stopped him, they defended great. Sturridge played well he was just clumsy on the counter attack, made some bad decisions.

But he's still been quality this season, i don't think he gets enough credit from this forum, some people act like he plays like Kalou and Malouda, who constantly lose the ball all the time and produce nothing the whole game, Sturridge shows flair and creativity in most games, and that's great for a player who is a striker. Only thing i have to go mad about is his finishing, his finishing recently has been really off.