Daniel Sturridge

the wes

What's with the Sturridge negativity all of a sudden anyway?

Seems like you can't criticize any player not named, Torres, Bosingwa, Kalou, Malouda or Mikel on this site.

When he's playing well everyone hops on his bandwagon and talk about how great he is, and when he isn't he will (and rightly should) be criticized.

Seems like you can't criticize any player not named, Torres, Bosingwa, Kalou, Malouda or Mikel on this site.

When he's playing well everyone hops on his bandwagon and talk about how great he is, and when he isn't he will (and rightly should) be criticized.

Read my explanation. You took it out of context.

I understand your explanation, it's just this part: "what's with the negativity all of a sudden?"

He's not been at his best for a while, has scored just one goal since December, and to make matters worse, he's now missing wide open chances like Torres.

I understand your explanation, it's just this part: "what's with the negativity all of a sudden?"

He's not been at his best for a while, has scored just one goal since December, and to make matters worse, he's now missing wide open chances like Torres.

Fair enough, I misspoke in that phrase.

Torres is terrified of scoring. He would rather do anything else.

Sturridge is obsessed with scoring. He rather wouldn't do anything else.

Misses like that are common in both cases.

How good is it that we've got this lad really?, i am just going over when we first got him, so cheap and he turns out so good.

Can anyone remember Sturridge playing bad once this season?, and i mean 'bad', i can't really remember one, i've seen some where he has hardly had the ball, but our midfield can be blamed for that. But when he has the ball he usually produces so much quality, from a young lad who is a striker you would never imagine how good he is at dribbling and passing.

He's actually a really good creative player, has made some fantastic passes this season, remember that pass to Lampard against Bolton?, remember that pass to Drogba against Laverkusen, he came on against Liverpool and completely changed the game and atmosphere, he was just a spark and he got placed in midfield, his passing was quality, and he went on to equalise, what a quality player we have.

He's also very underrated in my opinion, but that's a good thing, because when they are overrated, it never seems to benefit them. Just so happy we've got people like Sturridge, in these dark times at Chelsea.

Also on another note something Badboy said about him not being fully matured, well that's spot on. I hope he can improve his game, he needs a better work rate and cut out the greedyness, we could of had so many goals if he decided to square the ball instead of going for the shot, Newcastle was a huge example, that game he could of had about 3-4 assists at least.

Roma got a steal with Borini

While I agree Borini might have been a good option for us, I don't see how he could have thrived with Torres, Drogba, Lukaku, Sturridge competing for a spot. Real shame we couldn't hold onto him but the move away was the best option for his career.