Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I take back everything I said about Danny and our handling of his career. We fucked up. We let one of the most electrifying English players of the last decade leave because we bought Fernando Torres and that is one of the biggest mistakes in recent Chelsea history.

But he had to leave. If he wanted as good a career as his potential would allow, he needed to go to a club that would give him a chance and Liverpool was that place. This season we could have a strike force of Sturridge (9 Goals) and Lukaku (7 Goals) but instead we've got Torres, Eto'o and Ba.

It's fucking laughable.

It has nothing to do with Torres. You are a good poster, so I don't know what you are using the old and boring Torres bashing on this topic.

Sturridge was the team top scorer when he was playing as a 2nd striker, same role he has in Liverpool. RDM decided Kalou was better than him, as soo as the italian was in charge he restored Kalou to starting XI, and even played the african in UCL final instead of Sturridge. The club decided RDM was going to be the manager next season, so Sturridge saw he had few chances with a manager who believed he was no better than Kalou.

Its not "we". Its all about RDM.

It has nothing to do with Torres. You are a good poster, so I don't know what you are using the old and boring Torres bashing on this topic.

Sturridge was the team top scorer when he was playing as a 2nd striker, same role he has in Liverpool. RDM decided Kalou was better than him, as soo as the italian was in charge he restored Kalou to starting XI, and even played the african in UCL final instead of Sturridge. The club decided RDM was going to be the manager next season, so Sturridge saw he had few chances with a manager who believed he was no better than Kalou.

Its not "we". Its all about RDM.

In fairness, during the CL run it was probably the right decision due to the fact we needed to defend and defend against Barca and Bayern, so Kalou was the better option at that moment.

When Robbie got the job fulltime, it was criminal the lack of game time he got, for me he should have got time up front allowing Torres to rest and time on the wing allowing the Mazacar to rest. He could have probably ended up playing most games.

His versatility could have stopped the quartet from burning out and looking shattered.

I take back everything I said about Danny and our handling of his career. We fucked up. We let one of the most electrifying English players of the last decade leave because we bought Fernando Torres and that is one of the biggest mistakes in recent Chelsea history.

But he had to leave. If he wanted as good a career as his potential would allow, he needed to go to a club that would give him a chance and Liverpool was that place. This season we could have a strike force of Sturridge (9 Goals) and Lukaku (7 Goals) but instead we've got Torres, Eto'o and Ba.

It's fucking laughable.

And Demba Ba had 13 goals in 20 games before he came over last year and 2 in 14 games after. The goals tallies are related to the way a team plays and strikers will not have as much success on Chelsea as they will elsewhere (Chelsea's system tends to favour our midfielders scoring.) That being said, letting Sturridge go without ever giving him a chance was criminal and he, unlike Lukaku IMO, actually is perfect for our system in that he is flexible, quick, and provides link up play. One of the things that leaves the sourest taste in my mouth about Sturridge is the way fans derided him for being selfish and many many people wanted him gone. (This are two sad facts on Chelsea message boards. There are some people want most players gone so we can replace them with whatever FIFA2014 fantasy they have. if we get rid of Sturridge, we can sign Hulk or Falcao!!!" The other is that people overreact massively to a couple of bad games and expect some sort of constant and immediate production from everyone or they aren't good enough and never will be. The number of people who said Sturridge wasn't good enough for Chelsea based on a handful of games playing out of position was crazy. This is not like Josh or some other young players because Sturridge actually did prove his skill at a top level both with Bolton and with Chelsea. He scored 19 goals in about 1 year of regular Premier League action.)

@Tomo The reason he didn't play under RDM is that Sturridge doesn't fit in a 4-2-3-1 anywhere except striker and nobody at Chelsea saw him as a striker. RDM tried to play him as a right sided (and even left sided) midfielder and he predictably failed. Last season, Sturridge would likely have got some games at striker but was hurt most of the first half. He had success under AVB as an attacking 4-3-3 RW and that suited him well but the 4-2-3-1 actually suited the team overall better but not Sturridge.

@henrique-You can't be against Sturridge as our striker and also blame RDM for not using him as a striker.

"Everybody who thinks Sturridge should be our main CF is wrong." Henrique, November 3rd, 2012.

@henrique-You can't be against Sturridge as our striker and also blame RDM for not using him as a striker.

"Everybody who thinks Sturridge should be our main CF is wrong." Henrique, November 3rd, 2012.

^ henrique just got OWNED. hahahah...

I do remember me and a couple of other posters practically being murdered on here because we thought selling Sturridge and not giving him a new contract whilst buying Ba was a mistake.

As TOPTB said, a strikeforce of Lukaku, Sturridge, and possibly Torres (which is exactly what I wanted last year in January) is miles better than our current strikeforce.

He is actually the ideal striker to our system right now as well ironically, and even though he plays for Liverpool, he still remains one of my favourite players atm.

Lukaku would've had plenty of more playing time as well because he would've been able to play with Sturridge due to Daniel's versatility. Real shame that Dan's not with us anymore but what's happened has happened.

Out injured for six weeks ,flatters to deceive and Liverpool about his level ,not a Chelsea player Liverpool are not in Europe and the easy schedule will suit this fragile soul .

Too left footed to be great and will be sussed in time . Ba scored a good goal today .

Out injured for six weeks ,flatters to deceive and Liverpool about his level ,not a Chelsea player Liverpool are not in Europe and the easy schedule will suit this fragile soul .

Too left footed to be great and will be sussed in time . Ba scored a good goal today .

He is miles better than any forward than we have at the club - Torres; Ba; Eto'o aren't Chelsea level central forwards

trolololol....

Wait..what?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/01/07/sd-liverpool-striker-i-couldnt-leave-chelsea-quickly-enough/?

Keep grovelling, complete lack of respect to Chelsea. Have fun in rehabilitation wank stain.

Obviously the twat is where he belongs ,,,NOT racist but he was a selfish arrogant twat when he was here or he would have been used more ..

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/01/07/sd-liverpool-striker-i-couldnt-leave-chelsea-quickly-enough/?

Keep grovelling, complete lack of respect to Chelsea. Have fun in rehabilitation wank stain.

“Liverpool are an unbelievable club with great history".

Daniel Sturridge

Great. talk about that history why don't you

he wanted to play football. he dint get to do that here. and he is doing that wonderfully at his current club.

and that is what he has said in this interview. he has not said anything bad about us and has simply praised his current club and for that he is being called names. unbelievable.

Fair play to him. If in the same boat I would of most likely done the same thing. You're young and full of potential, all you really want to do is play football and keep improving. He is doing that right now, and wasn't at Chelsea.