Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Realistically he is probably in the top 5 EPL Strikers for 2013 and seems to have continued his terrific form after coming back from his injury.

Some of the skills he pulled off in the Everton match are truly exceptional:

SilentFortunateAffenpinscher.gif

28-01-2014-GifNumber-112.gif

If keeps this form up for another year he would definitely be on equal footing with the likes of Kun; Suarez; Cavani etc I think the only thing they are head and shoulders above him is consistency over several years.

Never really doubted his ability and he is living up to what I expected from him when he was still a Man City youth.

the reason why we lost him was inconsitency with managers and the pressure on them.....

That is why things looks good now...mourinho gives us 2 bonus...he is here to stay and he knows how to take pressure and man manage...

all the board has to do is give him time to bring up players.....

never again a player like sturridge will be mishandled.....

Should be one of the strikers we look into in the summer as backup to Wordies like Cavani/Suarez - personally rate him higher than Costa

I doubt Danny would ever want to come back. And I doubt he's ever going to want to play second fiddle to anyone again. He's established himself in Liverpool as one of the finest strikers in the league, I see no reason for him to leave this good situation and risk being obscured once again.

All players want to play for Jose

If we don't get Cavani and Suarez, than both Costa and Sturridge are next on the list

Sturridge has 11 goals; 3 assists in 15 matches against United; Arsenal; City; Tottenham; Everton and us the last year and a half - Jose likes the type of striker that turns up for big matches.

If we don't get Cavani and Suarez, than both Costa and Sturridge are next on the list

Sturridge has 11 goals; 3 assists in 15 matches against United; Arsenal; City; Tottenham; Everton and us the last year and a half - Jose likes the type of striker that turns up for big matches.

Liverpool won't sell him for less than £50-60m, would you be willing to pay that? Would you be willing to make the club a laughing stock?

Sturridge may be scoring in the big games but it takes more than that to get into the good books of Mourinho. Given Sturridge's lack of defensive abilities and even tactical understanding, don't think Mourinho would really fancy him and moreover, Sturridge isn't that all round striker that Jose likes in his team especially when you consider he has that selfish streak in him.

Sturridge may be scoring in the big games but it takes more than that to get into the good books of Mourinho. Given Sturridge's lack of defensive abilities and even tactical understanding, don't think Mourinho would really fancy him and moreover, Sturridge isn't that all round striker that Jose likes in his team especially when you consider he has that selfish streak in him.

Lack of pressing would obviously be an issue since that's definitely be one of the things Jose would drill into any striker that we sign. But as we have seen with Hazard - Jose challenges players to do something and it's up to them to live up to expectations. I don't think it's a problem for Daniel to have this drilled into him. In terms of Tactical understanding - Daniel is very fluid know how to pull defenders out of position and his cleaver movement leads to chances even against packed defenses. I wouldn't say that Sturridge isn't the type of striker Jose likes in a team - I think first and foremost Jose looks for players that follow his instructions.

All strikers have a selfish streak to them, usually for Sturridge it has been showcased when he is on a hat trick for Pool but very rarely when it's a close match.

There are preconceived notions based on his game on the right wing for us, which is nothing like the way he plays for Liverpool - either on his own or in a more fluid system where Sturridge and Suarez both interchange positions. I saw enough against West Ham and United last season to think he would thrive with the type of service our attacking midfielders provide. He is the perfect striker in fast fluid football where the ball is passed into space or at the feet due to his movement; first touch and capability of beating defenders with both dribbling and speed.

His conversation rate w/out penalties is absolutely class - he is more clinical than even Suarez/Kun. Basically he is the type of player we though we were getting when we signed Torres.

conv.png

Liverpool won't sell him for less than £50-60m, would you be willing to pay that? Would you be willing to make the club a laughing stock?

First of all I doubt he would that much - his transfer fee would probably be similar to Costa.

In terms of other clubs laughing at us, if Jose decides he is the man for the job than I don't see why we would care. Just like not caring when Mata was transfer or when we signed back Matic. What previous managers and transfer policies we had shouldn't effect us. And I would never care what other people think as long as Jose is calling the shots - if we are looking at Costa we should look at Sturridge their scoring records are pretty much the same in top flight football. They are both just about to hit their prime 24 and 25 year old respectively. They both offer different strengths and weaknesses but first and foremost they offer the most important thing we should be looking for - someone to put the ball in the back of the net and provide relief to our midfielders so they don't have to feel they have to do everything.

Personally after Cavani/Suarez who are probably the two best striker that we "might" have a chance to sign. The next best thing we need to be aiming for are Costa/Sturridge/Mandzukic - not exploring the possibility of signing Sturridge just because we sold him an year and half ago would be a bad decision.