Daniel Sturridge

the wes

He's a great player and we shouldn't have sold him, but some of you guys need to stop popping up with a comment about him every time he scores a goal or makes an assist. It's fucking pathetic, although the commitment to doing that between stalking your exes is impressive.

The guy was unfortunate that we bought one of the best strikers around at the time, and invested a lot of money in him. That's one of the realities of football. If you invest about £100 million in a player then you have to give that investment a chance to succeed and to be fair he's done well in his last 4 starts for us, yet he still gets abuse from certain people.

The thing I can't get my head around is how people still come on to a Chelsea forum and praise Sturridge for every assist or goal when he's said shit in the press about our expectations as fans and how Liverpool is a bigger club than us. Fuck him. He left, we've moved on (well most of us have). There's bad blood after what he said and if you can't understand how some of your fellow Chelsea fans might be a bit miffed at you lauding him after every good thing he does then maybe you want to have a talk with yourselves about where your loyalties actually lie.

I've seen people support players at Chelsea who have stated they don't care about the club and don't care if we win or loose - maybe you should have a word with them?

That's far worse in my book

I don't care if we invested 100 million in Torres; because he is clearly not worth 1/10 of that. Our board are a bunch of muppets caving into a past it footballer and relying him in the last 3 years. He is a mental midget who can't reach double digits in the League 3 years in a row and is the main reason we haven't been challenging for EPL titles since he arrived. I don't blame Lukaku or Sturridge being frustrated being on the bench and watching Torres start ahead of them if I was in their place I'd say far worse things.

I've seen people support players at Chelsea who have stated they don't care about the club and don't care if we win or loose - maybe you should have a word with them?

That's far worse in my book

I don't care if we invested 100 million in Torres; because he is clearly not worth 1/10 of that. Our board are a bunch of muppets caving into a past it footballer and relying him in the last 3 years. He is a mental midget who can't reach double digits in the League 3 years in a row and is the main reason we haven't been challenging for EPL titles since he arrived. I don't blame Lukaku or Sturridge being frustrated being on the bench and watching Torres start ahead of them if I was in their place I'd say far worse things.

Like fuck is he. There have been plenty of other things, like the sacked managers, lack of advanced midfielders then lack of defensive midfielders that to point to Torres being the main reason is either rank ignorance or nothing more than agenda-driven bile.

He left. Nothing wrong with that. He then slated this club and it's supporters. That's your fellow supporters. Let it go, pull your pants up and put the binoculars down....he ain't coming back :cry::cry:

Yeah we surely would not have won a title if we had signed Kun; RvP; Falcao; Zlatan etc instead of Torres. Your jokes are funny

Have a word with yourself and please name me the last team that won a Title in the EPL with a main striker who has less than 10 goals to his name in a season

If you are able to find a title winning team in the last 20 years in the EPL who's won a title while their main striker scores a maximum of 8 goals in the League I will never post in the thread again.

Each season Torres has started ahead of superior footballers he has been like a noose tied around the club's neck - especially in the League. Anyone who denies that if we had a striker who knocked in 15-20 goals in the EPL in a season would have propelled us to challenge for the League should have a word with themselves. The sad thing is we've sold one such player and loaned the other one.

Yeah we surely would not have won a title if we had signed Kun; RvP; Falcao; Zlatan etc instead of Torres. Your jokes are funny

Have a word with yourself and please name me the last team that won a Title in the EPL with a main striker who has less than 10 goals to his name in a season

If you are able to find a title winning team in the last 20 years in the EPL who's won a title while their main striker scores a maximum of 8 goals in the League I will never post in the thread again.

Us. We won the league in 2005 with Drogba scoring just 10 goals for us. The fact that we had the likes of Lamps and Gudjohnson is what took us over the line, much like if we win the title this season it will probably be down to the likes of Hazard and Oscar as well as a solid defence.

It's not as simplistic as you're making it sound unfortunately. Torres has played under FIVE different managers here which points to larger problems than just him. We're finally signing a midfielder who can really play in the pivot. To put everything on Torres is just ignorant of the larger issues at this club or simply your agenda.

Us. We won the league in 2005 with Drogba scoring just 10 goals for us. The fact that we had the likes of Lamps and Gudjohnson is what took us over the line, much like if we win the title this season it will probably be down to the likes of Hazard and Oscar as well as a solid defence.

It's not as simplistic as you're making it sound unfortunately. Torres has played under FIVE different managers here which points to larger problems than just him. We're finally signing a midfielder who can really play in the pivot. To put everything on Torres is just ignorant of the larger issues at this club or simply your agenda.

Sorry to break it to you but Gudjohnson counts as a striker.

I'm blaming anything Torres - it's not his fault, it's the boards fault for indulging a footballer like Torres. If you think we wouldn't have challenged for a title if we had a World Class striker instead of Torres these past 3 years that's your problem. Sure our problems wouldn't have been resolved but you just have to look at United last season and ask yourself would they have been in place to challenge for the title if RvP was not signed ? The same team this season is having problems to even get into the European spots because RvP's form declined.

Sorry to break it to you but Gudjohnson counts as a striker.

Not our main striker.

I'm blaming anything Torres - it's not his fault, it's the boards fault for indulging a footballer like Torres. If you think we wouldn't have challenged for a title if we had a World Class striker instead of Torres these past 3 years that's your problem. Sure our problems wouldn't have been resolved but you just have to look at United last season and ask yourself would they have been in place to challenge for the title if RvP was not signed ? The same team this season is having problems to even get into the European spots because RvP's form declined.

And nothing to do with Fergie retiring and players simply not performing? We won't have a 20 goal a season striker this year - do you want to write off our chances at the title?

Either way I don't see why every time Sturridge scores or makes an assist certain people have to bait other supporters. They know exactly the type of response they're going to get and they know exactly why, so why keep doing it? Beyond being antagonistic it's fucking boring.

Not our main striker and not even an out and out striker in most of Mourinho's games.

And nothing to do with Fergie retiring and players simply not performing? We won't have a 20 goal a season striker this year - do you want to write off our chances at the title?

Either way I don't see why every time Sturridge scores or makes an assist certain people have to bait other supporters. They know exactly the type of response they're going to get and they know exactly why, so why keep doing it? Beyond being antagonistic it's fucking boring.

He was a forward.

The only reason I've not written our chances this season is because we have Jose.

Fergie had amounted an average group of players and got a lot out of them but he always had multiple players capable of scoring loads of goals through out his 20 year career. Unlike our board he seems to realize it's important you have at least a few players scoring double digits. Its one of the reasons he has been so successful he build sides around getting the most goals out of particular players. An average central midfield can survive as long as they have confidence in what's in front of them. Case and point United last season; Liverpool this season; Do I even have to mention that Everton are performing better currently than at any time during Moyes because they finally have a consistent goal scorer as opposed to a Torres like player in the form of Jelavic. Goals win matches and as long as your whole squad is confident in a striker/forward/goal scoring midfielder it makes a World of difference .

Like I've said you put a player of the highest caliber in our side 3 years ago; we would have challenged for the EPL titles and would have probably won at least one. You're downplaying what a goalscoring striker can do for the confidence of the rest of the team

He was a forward.

In that case so were Duff and Robben.

The only reason I've not written our chances this season is because we have Jose.

So having a 20 goal a season striker isn't the be all and end all. Glad we got there eventually. :rolleyes:

Fergie had amounted an average group of players and got a lot out of them but he always had multiple players capable of scoring loads of goals through out his 20 year career. Unlike our board he seems to realize it's important you have at least a few players scoring double digits. Its one of the reasons he has been so successful he build sides around getting the most goals out of particular players. An average central midfield can survive as long as they have confidence in what's in front of them. Case and point United last season; Liverpool this season; Do I even have to mention that Everton are performing better currently than at any time during Moyes because they finally have a consistent goal scorer as opposed to a Torres like player in the form of Jelavic. Goals win matches and as long as your whole squad is confident in a striker/forward/goal scoring midfielder it makes a World of difference .

Fergie got the most out of every player and he wasn't averse to throwing 4 strikers on at once, but the guy was just a great manager. Van Persie was what took them away from the rest last season but a striker isn't a guarantee of anything - Liverpool have two great ones but they won't win anything.

Everton have Martinez to thank for what they're doing right now, not just Lukaku.

Like I've said you put a player of the highest caliber in our side 3 years ago; we would have challenged for the EPL titles and would have probably won at least one. You're downplaying what a goalscoring striker can do for the confidence of the rest of the team

3 years ago we finished 2nd.

The Torres signing was a mess but it's probably a symptom of the problem and not the problem in and of itself. There's no guarantees that signing any other striker would've been any better and hindsight is always 20:20. I just don't understand how with so much going right at the club right now people are choosing to look back at one transfer dealing. I couldn't count how many players I wish we'd signed be it Aguero or Neymar or Suarez etc....etc...etc...but I don't get the desire to keep rehashing it whenever they score.

The thing I can't get my head around is how people still come on to a Chelsea forum and praise Sturridge for every assist or goal when he's said shit in the press about our expectations as fans and how Liverpool is a bigger club than us. Fuck him. He left, we've moved on (well most of us have). There's bad blood after what he said and if you can't understand how some of your fellow Chelsea fans might be a bit miffed at you lauding him after every good thing he does then maybe you want to have a talk with yourselves about where your loyalties actually lie.

I don't come on here lauding every goal he's scored but I thought, as I was watching the game, his assist was sublime hence why I commented. I'd do the same if I was watching a Galatasaray game or WBA game and Anelka or Drogba came up with a sublime assist too. All I did was comment on how I liked his assist (nothing to do with him leaving us or the comments he's made) and apparently I'm a Liverpool supporter or scum.

There's bad blood and I completely understand why some CFC don't like him but some on here (not yourself) go on like we treated him fairly to begin with. He wasn't given a fair chance here so obviously he won't promote the club in a positive light... I personally don't care about his comments because honestly the only bad thing he has said is that to him Liverpool are a bigger club but I know he's just saying that to appease his fans there, that's all. It's the Liverpool PR system. That's not going to make me stop liking him as a football player because I honestly don't care about his personal opinions about us, I just like him at as a football player, don't know how my "loyalty" to Chelsea is questioned because of that.

I really like Wayne Rooney as a player too, does that suddenly mean I'm a United fan if I go on his thread and praise a goal he's scored or an assist he's made?

Hindsight is 20/20...

When he was at the club he had numerous chances to prove his worth, the majority of the time failing to shine. We sent him to Bolton and he done great, he returns to us and again fails to make an impact. He simply didn't perform when given the chance, at the time it made sense to cash in on him.

To sell Sturridge was not a very shrewed deal. The guy was not getting a proper chance to play because of Torres was deemed as the starter, then.

Today, we can clearly see Sturridge is scoring goals. Currently, his 10 goals are much more than any Chelsea´s striker.

He was even not playing for several weeks due to injuries.