The Australian Discussion Thread featuring 7 years

capriccioso

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In retrospect, I shouldn't have opened this thread. Spike is the only Queenslander here (though WHS is trying his utmost to be considered one, as well) and KOF and I are the only New South Welshmen.

The rest of the ~6000 posters won't know what we're on about :lol:

:D

Oh are the Brits forgeting the 10+ years of absolute dominance and ass whoopings we gave to you, are we? Enjoy your little spell of superiority. Australian cricket will be back where it belongs soon, at the top dominating everyone.

Greatest Bataman: Don Bradman

Greatest Bowler: Shane Warne Muttiah Muralitharan

Greatest Team: Steve Waugh/Ricky Ponting's Australia

Most Successful Nation (in terms of wins) in Cricket: Australia

Most World Cup Wins: Australia

Hmmmm......Don't see the pommies anywere there now do we? :rolleyes:

Fixed that.

Wasn't Harry Kewell not named Australia's greatest ever footballer, what a fucking joke!!!!!!!!!! Is it just me or is Australia nearly as bad as the Scottish national team hahaha

He was named as the greatest ever Socceroo (NOT the greatest ever Australian footballer- just the greatest to wear the national shirt). If it was the greatest player overall that Scouse bloke Johnston or Viduka would have crushed Kewell.

Also as a nation we've never relied on stars in football. We're not like England, we don't overhype our "Golden Generation". We just tell them to shut the fuck up and play for the country. The sum of the whole > the sum of the parts.

Also as a nation we've never relied on stars in football.

Though that may change. A 9 year old Australian boy has just signed for Barcelona. Now 99% he won't make it through, but if he does... B)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/soccer/barcelona-recruit-zak-gilsenan-9-living-in-australia-when-asked-to-trial-with-club/story-e6frfg8x-1226428224466

He was named as the greatest ever Socceroo (NOT the greatest ever Australian footballer- just the greatest to wear the national shirt). If it was the greatest player overall that Scouse bloke Johnston or Viduka would have crushed Kewell.

Also as a nation we've never relied on stars in football. We're not like England, we don't overhype our "Golden Generation". We just tell them to shut the fuck up and play for the country. The sum of the whole > the sum of the parts.

Still terrible because Harry Kewell is a cunt. Mark Viduka and his Celtic days = godly :Goober:

Arabs n shit. haha, its funny cause its actuali how they view the world!

(Cept we don't shag sheep)

People from Aberdeen shag sheep, hence why their football teams nickname is the sheep shaggers. Do you still grieve over the loss of Steve Irwin :( I do :(

Aussie drinking song.

Bazza an Aussie, he is true blue.

He is a piss pot through and through.

He is a bastard so they say.

He tried to go to heaven but he went the other way.

So drink it, down, down, down (repeat 'down' till they finish)

If they finish their drink:

What about Bazza? He is alright.

If they don't:

What about Bazza? He is piss weak.

Suprised I learnt that given that I remember nothing of that night.