• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2003! 3-1!!!

We beat you in London as well. B)

This lineup:

21f3aa6c99851d61270165a249d41397.png

Was defeated by this one:

fc9ef565f575d699fd0d32015ff822de.png

Have some of that, Scouseman!!! Your 'Golden Generation' was shit even when they were good! :D

My oh my, look at that. Scholes, Beckham, Campbell, Ferdinand, Ashley Cole, Gary Neville, Michael Owen, Frank Lampard. All world class players.

Undone by Tony Popovic, 'Silent' Stan Lazaridis, Scott 'Chippers the Bus Driver' Chipperfield and John 'Wog' Aloisi.

How's it feel knowing your descendants are criminals?

Huh?

Do you mean ancestors?

Well I'll have you know, my ancestors on the Indian side have farmed goats for centuries! The Sri Lankan side were fishermen/middle class professionals (teachers, clerks, receptionists etc.)

Anyway lets list the nations achievements:

England/UK: 1966 FIFA World Cup, 2003 Rugby World Cup.

Australia: Sir Donald Bradman, the man who dominated his sport so much that no one in any sport can claim to be that good.

1920 5-0 win over England in cricket

2006/07 5-0 win over England in cricket

8 consecutive wins over England in cricket (1989-2005).

COME BACK WHEN YOU WIN 5-0.

Anyway lets list the nations achievements:

England/UK: 1966 FIFA World Cup, 2003 Rugby World Cup.

Australia: Sir Donald Bradman, the man who dominated his sport so much that no one in any sport can claim to be that good.

1920 5-0 win over England in cricket

2006/07 5-0 win over England in cricket

8 consecutive wins over England in cricket (1989-2005).

COME BACK WHEN YOU WIN 5-0.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Youtube chants

We have a better one, coming from our 3-1 victory over England in London.

"EVEN TONY, EVEN TONY, EVEN TONY POPOVIC SCORED."

And another one for cricket:

"COME BACK WHEN YOU WIN 5-0, COME BACK WHEN YOU WIN 5-0."

WOW, a crowd singing their national anthem! I have never ever seen that before. That is absolutely fucking remarkable! Fucking hell that is just awe-inspiring. I don't think they do that anywhere else. Other countries simply must know of this new fad! We have been missing out for far too long.....................................

England doesn't have a national anthem. God Save the Queen is the anthem on the UK...

Don't wank over a friendly lol. Shame we aint played u in a proper game. Think we've won 3 ashes in 4, whipping you 4-1 in Aus not long ago and currently winning 2-0 in the ODI's which rain stopped us from the chance at 5-0 which was possible. Past is past, England are better than Australia currently at Cricket and Football. Rugby tho you are the better. The England - Australia sport rivalry is a good one tho. Australia were the best for ages at cricket, now we have the chance to do to you what you've done to us (hopefully).

In summary, all England has on Australia is:

• A fucking huge empire, that fell apart some 70 years ago.

While Australia has:

• Better weather
  • Significantly better sporting pedigree
  • Better names for cities/places (Harrow and Emu Plains great examples of the differences).
  • Me.

Don't wank over a friendly lol. Shame we aint played u in a proper game. Think we've won 3 ashes in 4, whipping you 4-1 in Aus not long ago and currently winning 2-0 in the ODI's which rain stopped us from the chance at 5-0 which was possible. Past is past, England are better than Australia currently at Cricket and Football. Rugby tho you are the better. The England - Australia sport rivalry is a good one tho. Australia were the best for ages at cricket, now we have the chance to do to you what you've done to us (hopefully).

I don't think so, the South Africans are coming for you.

England will NEVER dominate Australia like how we dominated you. NEVER. The whoopings will be back in a few years. Not the upcoming Ashes series (which I expect us to lose) but soon. Past is past? That's a good copout in Football but it doesn't work in Cricket. All the stats agree with me Australia > England

In summary, all England has on Australia is:

• A fucking huge empire, that fell apart some 70 years ago.

While Australia has:

• MUCH Better weather
  • Significantly better sporting pedigree
  • Cooler, more unique names for cities/places (Wollongong and Coolangatta are great examples of the differences).
  • The Better/more liveable cities
  • Better beaches
  • Better lifestyle
  • Me, Spike and KOF

I don't think so, the South Africans are coming for you.

The state of world cricket at this moment is this:

England: Very good team, but not deserving of number 1 ranking in the three formats (impossible for a few months anyway).

South Africa: The best team in the world, and will be for the next 3-5 years as long as they can avoid their traditional wobbles against top teams.

Australia: Inconsistent but improving, slowly. 5 years away from again becoming the best team in the world.

India: Shit, and when Sachin calls it quits, they're going to plunge into a long period in the darkness.

Sri Lanka: Sadly, we're going to become very shit, very soon. There are no replacements lined up for Dilshan, Sangakkara and Jayawardene, and despite the best efforts of Herath we've never really replaced Muralitharan. Sri Lankan cricket sustained its success from 1996 to 2012 through a batting spine of Jayasuriya, Attapattu and Tillakaratne, who's roles were inherited by Dilshan, Sangakkara and Jayawardene. Having the greatest bowler of all time in Muralitharan present for 15 of those years certainly helped as well, and barring Australia we were probably the most consistent team over that 15 year period.

New Zealand: Lol.

West Indies: They're getting better but won't cause anyone too many troubles.

Bangladesh: Fast improving, still not quite cut out to mix it with the big boys.

Pakistan: When Ajmal leaves, then what?

Zimbabwe: It's over for the short-to-medium term, but their team from the late 90s to early 2000s was wonderful, very competitive and even though they lacked skills they punched above their weight a lot.

Others:

Afghanistan: Lol

Bermuda: Where has that fat bloke got to? Wasn't he called Leverkusen or something?

Canada: Lol

Kenya: ICC fucked them over, could have been a pretty decent outfit by now.

Ireland: Lol.

Scotland: Lol.

USA: Lol.

This is how I think the test rankings will look like in 5 years time:

1. Australia

2. South Africa

3. England

4. India

5. Pakistan

6. Sri Lanka ( :cry:)

7. West Indies

8. Bangladesh

9. New Zealand

10. Zimbabwe

The top 3 will be so far ahead of the rest, it'll be like La Liga except there's a third team as good as the top two and the other 7 are on the skill level of Real Zaragoza.

Of course past means something but at the moment England > Australia and cap, fuck South Africa lol this is between us, this is WAR! (I'm trying to make this friendly banter by the way).