The Australian Discussion Thread featuring 7 years

capriccioso

So, we've shat our way to 200 (thanks Mr. Hussey). Time to fulfil the other part of my prediction.

I say forget spin, be very attacking, and use the quintet of Pattinson, Hilfenhaus, McKay, Lee and Watson, to win within 40 overs. England won't have any trouble chasing unless they're reduced to 5/30 or something.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we've shat our way to 200 (thanks Mr. Hussey). Time to fulfil the other part of my prediction.

I say forget spin, be very attacking, and use the quartet of Pattinson, Hilfenhaus, Lee and Watson, to win within 40 overs.

Yes! C'mon Aussies! The Hussey brothers have been tremendous servants for Australian Cricket :D

Without wankers like Johnson and Smith in the team we might just win this one.

This pitch would've been perfect for Mitchell Johnson. He has lots of horrible matches but when he's good, he's unplayable at times the way he can swing it. Woulda been a nightmare facing him in these conditions but regardless of that, defending 200 aint easy no matter the bowler.

This pitch would've been perfect for Mitchell Johnson. He has lots of horrible matches but when he's good, he's unplayable at times the way he can swing it. Woulda been a nightmare facing him in these conditions but regardless of that, defending 200 aint easy no matter the bowler.

Barring an extraordinary collapse England have won this game.

Over the last 5 years teams have figured out that Australia are very weak at defending totals, which is why they're sent into bat first a lot of the time. Its lazy captaincy on Clarke's part to not chase when he wins the toss.

This was a big toss to win, England won it and the only rational thing to do was put the Aussies in to bat. Clarke would've bowled if he had the choice too but that's the way it goes. The pitch is drier now and much more batsmen friendly than it was a few hours ago. Think this should be in the cricket thread anyway lol

On the subject of English sport, Bradley Wiggins is holding down English cycling. He's awful, an excellent time triallist but he's hopeless at climbing mountains. Hopeless. Its a travesty that he has won the right to wear the maillot jaune, Chris Froome (KENYAN, not English you thieves!) is by far a better 'English' cyclist. Fair play to him for beating Evans on the line.

The sooner Frank Schleck, Vincenzo Nibali and Cadel Evans form an alliance to attack Wiggins and force him to respond rather than hide behind his team, the better.

I realise none of you will know what I'm on about, so simply put Wiggins is a coward. His team, Sky Procycling, have a large budget and have packed their team with climbers. Wiggins sits behind these climbers whenever the route is uphill, and asks them to ride as fast as possible, and has an easier ride up the climb as he is sitting in the slipstream (meaning, he finds it easier against wind resistance) of his team mates, and the high pace means he cannot be directly attacked. His team exhaust themselves to leave him in a posistion where he's 1 on 1 with about a kilometre to go and therefore can avoid losing time. It (just) worked today and thats only because he had a 2 v 1 on Evans with his teammate Froome.

There's only 3 ways that Wiggins and Sky can be beaten:

• Do an Andy Schleck/Alberto Contador style attack from way out, to force Wiggins to respond by himself and thus exposing him 1 on 1 over a long distance, 50 km +.
  • Attack on the descent. Wiggins is not a noted descender and Nibali is one of the greatest descenders in the sport. Evans loves going downhill as well, back when he was a mountain biker he won the world championships of that sport twice. As a team Sky are powerless to stop a downhill attack.
  • Beat Wiggins in the time trial (surely impossible for Nibali, though Evans has a decent chance).

I think the ute is the greatest invention by an Australian. Penicillin doesn't count as an invention, right?

For those who have do not know what a ute is:

723654d1300285485-carcar-112_0712_07z-holden_hsv_maloo_r8-front_three_quarter_view.jpg

Automotive perfection. And the American's can fuck off with that 'pickup truck' shit. We use 380 horsepower machines to carry around spanners in the back.

I think the ute is the greatest invention by an Australian. Penicillin doesn't count as an invention, right?

For those who have do not know what a ute is:

Automotive perfection. And the American's can fuck off with that 'pickup truck' shit. We use 380 horsepower machines to carry around spanners in the back.

The machines from the 80s are 150% better than these new death traps.