AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

Curious to hear what Graeme Souness makes of AVB's appointment at Tottenham after this last year.

http://www.goal.com/...dre-villas-boas

AVB's first Premier League match with Tottenham is against Newcastle. Remember him haing that mini feud with Alan Pardew last year?

And just like with us last season, AVB's first big game with Tottenham is against Manchester United too and it will be at Old Trafford as well.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, so basically we beat them 5-1 at Wembley, won the Champions League so they aren't in it now. What do they do to get back at us? Hire the manager we sacked? And Spurs fans actually think they are a better club?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Always respected and liked the guy. Hope he can prove what he is all about. Within bounderies, always stay under Chelsea in the league, be pushovers in the Cups and not trying to sign any of our players.

Maybe he dips into the market trying to sign Anelka if Adebayor doesn´t stay and Alex if Kings legs finally implode.

I have nothing bad to say about AVB.

In fact his time here triggered the wildly improabable series of events that lead to Chelsea finally winning the European Cup. So I'm thankful to him in a way.

And from a birds eye POV the Premier League is just more interesting to watch with a guy like him around. Can't wait for those touchline antics!

Good quotes.

But from AVB, I still remember this quote, and it was quite epic!

“Here we have given everyone a slap in the face.

“It is unfortunate for you guys in the media because you have to report on a brilliant win for Chelsea and we qualify first in the group. It is difficult for everybody and today this is difficult for you."

I really loved the way he fought for us against the media, you could clearly see he gave his all and demanded this from his players too, but they unfortuneatly didn't want to do this, they started bitching around and moaning, AVB is still a class act and he can form a very good team for spuds and I'm scary for this to be true, I just hope they're limited budget will play into our cards but when you see his signings you will know he can handle limited money very well (Mata 23, Romeu 5, Meireles 12 (ok he was mainly shit but had some good moments)) .

I wanted to answer yesterdays conversation with Hutcho_CFC but my internet link broke down at the bus while driving home from Work.

AVB came in to make a revolution and was told by the board he has they're full backing, even if we dont finish top 4 and without titles and he went out to do quite this, but it didn't go down well with Lamps, Mikel and many other players, that they have to be one in a group of many, they all wanted to be the glittering Stars in the team, so they started to moan about something you would get fired for at you're work, AVB try'n to start the training at a fix time in the morning. They started moaning and complaining, when he gave them strict dietry plans and wanted them to eat together at the clubsground for lunch so they could go on with the training straight after haveing lunch, again no fault for this.

Then out of this group one of our legends Lamps starts to turn against him because he plays DM, AVB tries to play him further upfront and he was PURE SHIT, we all can agree on this I hope, if not, we can not agree on the further things that happened. AVB thought he have to work against this and benched Lamps for his attitude (and I dont hold him in regret for this, I'm still fully supportiv in that case and I will ever be), you say he did weired tactic decisions, I say if our team wasn't as stupid as they turned out to be, and as limited as they are, you would always expect them to hold on a 3:0 lead at home against Manboo, didn't you? we outplayed many Teams (let away that awfull Arsenal game when the whole team seemed to revolt), we even where the better side against spud at an period where every one, was like every year, telling us they would be champions because of the well played football by them, and we where all shitting in our pants if we're fully honest but AVB masterminded Bale and Modric...

so now lets go on, he gets sacked for something he was brought in for (breaking this picture of us in the media as an club runned by players, and bringing us together as a group plus changeing the squad over the next 2 years), he always gets told he has the full backing and then gets sacked because lamps says, they're relationship isn't the best...

Then Robbie comes in, knowing what just has happened to AVB and he is more than clever enough to realize what he has to do and boy he did it well, but Robbie's and AVB's tenures where under completely different circumstances, so you can't compare them...

The only thing I hold AVB in regret for, is in acting not clever enough with the "stars", straight after recognizing they're turning against him, maybe to young, maybe he wanted to prove to them, hey I'm 34 but I'm still you're boss, I dont know.

now lets not get too off topic Hutcho, he is a class manager, trying to always built a group of 25 + staff who are sticking together and giveing they're all for each others and he fought tooth and nail for the group against the media and the players (he even slept at the trainingsground if you remember), it was wonderfull when he said "... its ridiculus what attention we get from the media, Manchster City dont't qualify and Manchester United are on the verge of not qualifying, we're fist in our group and we still get this special attention from you, this is unbeliveable..."I really, really hope he doesn't do well for spuds but I'm afraid he WILL do so and I hope (if robbie turns out to be not good enough, what I dont hope happens to be in the next 4 years or so) our board recognizes this and get him back after lamps and JT retire.

And again, I'm fully greatfull for RDM and he has shown he is a clever guy who knows to trigger different buttons when needed, I'm afraid he is not the right one to kick the players in they're bum but maybe we don't need that kind of manager as long as we have this players...

^^

Excellent post. For some reason, people seem to have forgotten the circumstances that lead to Andre being sacked.

tanks mate, I'm greatfull for every fan on here who see things as they are and don't give pro's for posts like:

"AVB is a asshole"

"Lamps is a LEGEND, lets spell it L-E-G-E-N-D, LEGEND and he can do what he want whenever he wants to the manager"

you feel ashamde for such fans, you give different reasons and perspectivse and then they come out with such posts and you wonder what kind of ppl they are... and if it was worth hit :D

^^

Excellent post. For some reason, people seem to have forgotten the circumstances that lead to Andre being sacked.

Think what most people fail to realize is that none of the drama and meltdown last season would have happened IF AVB wasn't so stubborn in persisting with his style of play and continue to mismanaged the squad even when the problems are so evidently clear for others to see.

Think what most people fail to realize is that none of the drama and meltdown last season would have happened IF AVB wasn't so stubborn in persisting with his style of play and continue to mismanaged the squad even when the problems are so evidently clear for others to see.

this is to me surely the problem of it...