AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo

You will be surprised. Just because they allegedly don't have big egos like our players do, that doesn't mean they won't rebel against AVB if it happens.

It's not about the size of the ego's, it's their willingness to. Players have always had the edge here because they have the ear of someone, possibly even Roman himself, in that gaping chasm, filled with all kinds of shadows, separating the owner from the club. Beyond that, Roman has always trusted them more than his managers, that in itself encourages an environment where it's very easy to undermine someone you don't like.

Levy has never encouraged or facilitated his players to get involved with the upstairs running of the club. Tottenham do not have a myriad of shadowy figures that have the owners ear and bridge the gap between club and owner.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not about the size of the ego's, it's their willingness to. Players have always had the edge here because they have the ear of someone, possibly even Roman himself, in that gaping chasm, filled with all kinds of shadows, separating the owner from the club. Beyond that, Roman has always trusted them more than his managers, that in itself encourages an environment where it's very easy to undermine someone you don't like.

Levy has never encouraged or facilitated his players to get involved with the upstairs running of the club. Tottenham do not have a myriad of shadowy figures that have the owners ear and bridge the gap between club and owner.

Get your point but they don't necessarily have to communicate with Levy in any way do they? If they are not responding well to AVB's training methods, style of play etc, it will show on the pitch in their performances. If they do not perform, then bad results will follow and when that happens, Levy will not be afraid to pull the trigger, just like what happened with Juande Ramos 4 years ago.

I can actually see Van De Vaart complaining about AVB. I think he's getting fed up with Spurs and AVB's 4-3-3 could mean Van De Vaart plays out of position or is even on the bench.

Quite possibly true. AVB pays lots of attention to tactics and Van der Vaart doesn't like that. He came out once and said that Mourinho tactical team talks are very boring and how he prefers 'Arry's simpler style of management.

Also, it's really hilarious seeing big name players being linked with Spurs all of a sudden now that AVB has gone there.

Time to close this topic. AVB has no longer ties with Chelsea, and his name, and the letters A+V+B used together should be banned from TC.

Get this man a beer!

"We've lost a really, really, talented coach," said Alan Pardew, the Newcastle United manager on hearing the news of Villas-Boas's Chelsea downfall. "He had to take on a club in a transition year with a lot of senior pros in the background and he had a very, very difficult job. I hope that, one day, some of those senior pros will apologise to André. They should do so because he deserved better."

thanks padrew, even if you had an bust up with André you recognize him... and imho you're fully right :clap: :clap:

EDIT

he actually IS AVBs signing...

Gylfi Sigurdsson revealed a quick conversation with new Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas was enough to convince him to turn his back on Liverpool and sign for Tottenham.

The 22-year-old had agreed a £6.8m move to Swansea, where he was on loan last season from Hoffenheim,spacer.gif until boss Brendan Rodgers left for Liverpoolspacer.gif and the deal fell through.

Rodgers then tried to take the Iceland midfielder to Anfield before Spurs snatched the playmaker from under their noses after showing him their plans for the future.

"I like him (Andre Villas-Boas) and the ideas he has," Sigurdssonspacer.gif told Icelandic website mbl.is.

Impressed

"He has faith in me and I'm looking forward to working under his leadership.

"I enjoyed playing under Brendan and I am grateful for everything he has done for me, but after careful consideration I liked Spurs best.

"The team has world-class players in their ranks and they play good football, which I like.

"I was impressed with the club's plans for next season and the coming years. There is clearly great ambition at Tottenham and the club intends to do big things.

"It is a pleasure to see that Gareth Balespacer.gif has signed a new contract. There are top players in the team and the club is getting a new training ground."

AVB is a very astute managers when it comes to signing.

If this report is true about the players AVB want, then look out everyone else!

Cause AVB is back with a vengeance!!!!

Villas-Boas sets sights on £20m-rated Brazilian star Oscar and France keeper Lloris

Can't see them getting Lloris. Oscar, perhaps if he is desperate to move to England and has low standards.

Lloris is basically up for sale though, Lyons chairman said if they get the right bid hes free to go. 15 million would probably do the trick as well when they could so much more for him..

Can't see them getting Lloris. Oscar, perhaps if he is desperate to move to England and has low standards.

Well they got sig.

So turning down Liverpool for Tottenham shows Tottenham is growing.

If they keep up, they will pass Arsenal.

Arsenal does not looks good with RVP wanting to leave.

You can say at the moment Spurs are another Arsenal, but it might be a tight race this season between both again fighting for 4th spot.

I expect us to improve to second or third (not sure if we are good enough yet to challenge the tittle unless we get Hulk) giving that most of the damage was done during AVB fail experiment.

AVB owes this move to the tabloids, he can never bad mouth the press ever again. The media portrayal that his failings at Chelsea were nothing to do with him, and were in fact 100% entirely the players fault, saved his career.

thanks padrew, even if you had an bust up with André you recognize him... and imho you're fully right :clap: :clap:

EDIT

he actually IS AVBs signing...

Can we say then that Hazard and Marin are RDM's signings considering both said they had conversations with RDM during negotiation...?