Mats Hummels

Joe Ay

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A german defender is trusty defender. Mertesacker is special case because of his height, while Boateng has ghanian roots.

I'm actually offended by this. Ghanaian blood so he isn't as trustworthy as a German defender? Ridiculous. Have you forgotten about that guy called Marcel Desailly?

I'm actually offended by this. Ghanaian blood so he isn't as trustworthy as a German defender? Ridiculous. Have you forgotten about that guy called Marcel Desailly?

Grow thicker skin ffs, absolutely nothing offensive about it, just a way of saying he isn't completely German

Hummels will have the same problem playing with Cahill or Luiz as the pair do playing with each other. far too similar playing styles.

If we want to ease our reliance on JT then someone like Subotic is the way forward.

Im no racist, just saying that Boateng technicaly isnt completely german player (his parents are ghanian). Someone said that not all german defenders are good (naming Boateng) and I only told him that Boateng is not german, but ghanian player realy. If my post upseted you, I apologise.

This is not about racism. It is simply wrong to say a player is a better or worse defender only because of his origin or all defenders from a certain country are trustworthy in general. There is no necessary link between defence abilities and ethnicity/origin/nationality.

2 Germans who watch him week and week out saying that Hummels is inconsistent and you insist on saying hes great because you watched him in CL and Euro <_<

Then who do you suggest if we are to get a new CB? Im sure Germans who watch bundesliga week in and week out would know more, so i'll just trust you're judgement

Then who do you suggest if we are to get a new CB? Im sure Germans who watch bundesliga week in and week out would know more, so i'll just trust you're judgement

If it has to be Bundesliga, Papadopolus is indeed a great prospect, his game is already very mature for a 20 year old and that is reflected by his stats. But I like defenders tall and he's only 6'. Atm the Bundesliga is not exactly an El Dorado of good young and cheap CBs. Jan Kirchhof, Joel Matip and Matthias Ginter are decent, too. At least they are all pretty tall. The latter I know well from my own footballing days. He was my marker in a summer torunament match against Freiburg II and in an international friendly on u18 level (even though I am german I used to live in and play for Luxembourg). Due to his fine technique and vision he can play in any position in the centre of the pitch (yes also goalie and no.10). But I think i gave him a hard time, as i am stronger and faster than him. Never been a great footballer and we lost both games, but in the club game I scored.

If it has to be Bundesliga, Papadopolus is indeed a great prospect, his game is already very mature for a 20 year old and that is reflected by his stats. But I like defenders tall and he's only 6'. Atm the Bundesliga is not exactly an El Dorado of good young and cheap CBs. Jan Kirchhof, Joel Matip and Matthias Ginter are decent, too. At least they are all pretty tall. The latter I know well from my own footballing days. He was my marker in a summer torunament match against Freiburg II and in an international friendly on u18 level (even though I am german I used to live in and play for Luxembourg). Due to his fine technique and vision he can play in any position in the centre of the pitch (yes also goalie and no.10). But I think i gave him a hard time, as i am stronger and faster than him. Never been a great footballer and we lost both games, but in the club game I scored.

What club were you in man? u played for luxembourg u18???

I see your a fan of the big physical and imposing CB. While I like my CBs to have the same qualities writing off someon like Howedes because he is a tad smaller is unfair. Ricardo Carvalho was only 183cm which is 4cm shorter than Howedes. Carvalho is one the best CBs I have ever had the pleasure to watch, brilliant. Nobody has mastered the art of fouling quite like Riccy. I also don't really agree with the Luiz and Hummels comparison. Yes Hummels much like Luiz is suspectable to the odd lapse in concentration and silly mistake but Hummels tends not to take it upon himself to do everythings like Luiz. Hummels doesn't charge up the midfield as often, try to Messi his way out of a bad situation or smash the ball upfield to the striker. Hummels isn't perfect but I'd take him over Luiz at the moment.

Luiz has bags of potential though, he is almost a carbon of copy of Lucio. And that could very well be a great thing. Actually Luiz would make a terrile CDM however I believe he is more than capable of playing at Fullback or as a Box To Box Midfielder. I believe if RDM can convert Luiz into a B2B midfielder we would have an incredible midfield. What I said earlier about Luiz trying to do everything is perfect for a B2B midfielder, he can shoot, dribble, tackle, run, has bags of energy and is enthusiastic to boot.

I'm surprised your not a fully capped member of the Luxembourg national team. They don't exactly have the comfort of choice.

Matthias Ginter has been picking up quite a bit of hype recently. I'd sign him.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You