Mats Hummels

Joe Ay

Without intention to offend anyone, but signing Hummels would be an incomprehensible error.

At the beginning of the season we were related to Gerard Pique and some people were saying that Pique was overrated. To me Pique is a hundred thousand times better than Hummels in every way.

There are several Centre-backs in the market much better than Hummels. Obviously he can be a great Centre-back, but maybe we need something different.

To me Varane is a dream. He should be our first option.

Maybe it's too late to try to sign Pique.

I think that having Zouma (a player with great physical strength) we need a player who can assume the role of the compass from behind.

Regards.

Except Varane who exactly?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except Varane who exactly?

Hi friend!

Yes, maybe there are not many more haha, but the signing Varane is an option that everything indicates that he will be our Centre-back the following season.

For my other option is Gerard Pique, but maybe it's too late. But perhaps Fabregas can convince him.

Another option could be John Stones (Everton). A young boy with a great future. Or Otamendi (Valencia).

If it were my favorite choices I think it would.

1. Varane.

2. Gerard Pique.

3. John Stones.

4. Otamendi.

5. Hummels.

Regards.

I highly doubt we'd build so much under FFP rules, only to spend 37 mil. on a defender, where we definetly need the second least strenghtening. If it is not a Varane/ Stones, someone to build along Zouma, than I doubt it.

Btw, that chip from Firmino doe.

He is slow as a boat and by no means a 40m defender. He'd get destroyed in this pacey league. Terry at 35 and with the ball at his feet is faster than this guy. His biggest asset is his strenght and his technique, but even so, he wouldn't really act as an improvement to an already dreadful back line that United have.

Hi friend!

Yes, maybe there are not many more haha, but the signing Varane is an option that everything indicates that he will be our Centre-back the following season.

For my other option is Gerard Pique, but maybe it's too late. But perhaps Fabregas can convince him.

Another option could be John Stones (Everton). A young boy with a great future. Or Otamendi (Valencia).

If it were my favorite choices I think it would.

1. Varane.

2. Gerard Pique.

3. John Stones.

4. Otamendi.

5. Hummels.

Regards.

Otamendi is a good shout. Valencia have really built quite the squad down there.

He is slow as a boat and by no means a 40m defender. He'd get destroyed in this pacey league. Terry at 35 and with the ball at his feet is faster than this guy. His biggest asset is his strenght and his technique, but even so, he wouldn't really act as an improvement to an already dreadful back line that United have.

i 100% agree mate :D

Here you mentioned some really good defenders, but I didn't see the name of the player which will be perfect for us. I'm talking about Chiellini. He is really solid in def and he is capable to take the ball and to direct it really well upfront. Unfortunately, there are maybe zero chances to see him playing with our shirt.

Hummels, Godin, Gimenez, Varane, Otamendi maybe, Stones (for HG reasons), Howedes, Umtiti,..depends on what kind of CB Jose wants.

But IMO: there isnt genuine prime age CB that would tick all boxes, and secondly, even if such CB would exist, we will have to replace Iva too to have strong back 4.

Hummels, Godin, Gimenez, Varane, Otamendi maybe, Stones (for HG reasons), Howedes, Umtiti,..depends on what kind of CB Jose wants.

But IMO: there isnt genuine prime age CB that would tick all boxes, and secondly, even if such CB would exist, we will have to replace Iva too to have strong back 4.

Just switch Azpi to the right and Filipe takes his rightful position. Players should play in their positions. Azpi and Iva should rotate ffs

Yes...I get it...mangala's quick, vidic/Ferdinand wasn't...kompany's quick too.......the quicker the better...makes perfect sense!

The same dreadful defense that is second best in league and conceded only two more goals but already played one game more than us?

Statisticaly their defense is amazing. I laugh at their defending sometimes, but still.

As for Hummels, he plays on left CB spot right? If we have pacy LB it would work, but not with Azpi.

Fast LB-Hummels-Zouma-Azpi wouldnt be slow at all. Azpi-Hummels-Tery-Iva on other hand...

Well, it is my opinion and I have my reasons why I do not rate Hummels as high as most of you do. For me, Subotic, before his injury, was better than Hummels in every aspect and their partnership made Hummels look like a world class player. The same way Boateng makes Hummels look like a solid defender when they both play for the national team.

And frankly De Gea is the reason why United's defence has that record. They'd probably be on 40-45 goals conceded if it wasn't for him. He's been phenomenal this season and he is the main reason why they are challenging for a Champions League spot. Smalling, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Rojo - they are all average defenders that wouldn't even make the bench here.

I'm not saying I am entirely right, but this is what I think. They got away with murder so many times this season because of De Gea's world class display.

Well, it is my opinion and I have my reasons why I do not rate Hummels as high as most of you do. For me, Subotic, before his injury, was better than Hummels in every aspect and their partnership made Hummels look like a world class player. The same way Boateng makes Hummels look like a solid defender when they both play for the national team.

And frankly De Gea is the reason why United's defence has that record. They'd probably be on 40-45 goals conceded if it wasn't for him. He's been phenomenal this season and he is the main reason why they are challenging for a Champions League spot. Smalling, Jones, Evans, Valencia, Rojo - they are all average defenders that wouldn't even make the bench here.

I'm not saying I am entirely right, but this is what I think. They got away with murder so many times this season because of De Gea's world class display.

Sentiments apart....Cahill is in same category as the defenders you've mentioned...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You