Mats Hummels

Joe Ay

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is world class and I think he would be the best replacement for Terry. I really think that we should go for him considering that Dortmund always sell players for very low prices.

World class? He's overhyped/overrated. The number of cock-ups he make in matches is hilarious. He's not much of a difference to Luiz when he had those brainfart moments.

Godin would be my pick if we cant go for Varane.

Terry will last for a year or two maybe, then hopefuly get replaced by Zouma. Godin is at his peak, experienced, scores vital goals and knows how to defend realy well. Atletico play quite similar and he would fit our system like a glove.

Main advantage over Hummels is Godin's speed. No way will Terry-Hummels work because they are both slow as fuck nowdays. Godin is much faster and could play with either Terry or Zouma. Not to say that he is proper leader too, and knows Courtois, Filipe and Costa realy well.

Maybe only concern is his adapting to PL, much more physical league, and could have problems like Filipe had. But he is by no mean weak defender.

Godin would be my pick if we cant go for Varane.

Terry will last for a year or two maybe, then hopefuly get replaced by Zouma. Godin is at his peak, experienced, scores vital goals and knows how to defend realy well. Atletico play quite similar and he would fit our system like a glove.

Main advantage over Hummels is Godin's speed. No way will Terry-Hummels work because they are both slow as fuck nowdays. Godin is much faster and could play with either Terry or Zouma. Not to say that he is proper leader too, and knows Courtois, Filipe and Costa realy well.

Maybe only concern is his adapting to PL, much more physical league, and could have problems like Filipe had. But he is by no mean weak defender.

Godin is getting up there in age, I'd prefer Boateng

World class? He's overhyped/overrated. The number of cock-ups he make in matches is hilarious. He's not much of a difference to Luiz when he had those brainfart moments.

This. Hummels has good technique but is as much of a brainfart as luiz, only even slower

• 2 months later...

Chelsea ‘ready to beat Manchester United to Mats Hummels transfer’

Jamie Sanderson for Metro.co.uk Wednesday 8 Apr 2015 12:55 am

1400x93160-e1428450614562.jpgChelsea are in for Mats Hummels (Picture: Getty)

Chelsea are ready to beat Manchester United to a summer deal for Mats Hummels, according to reports.

The German centre back is set to change clubs at the end of the season, with Borussia Dortmund set to listen to offers for his services.

And while United had looked in pole position to do business, reports say Chelsea are looking to beat United to the signing of the centre back.

The Blues could easily pay his reported £37million asking price and believe they would be a more attractive club to play for.

Arsenal are also still keen on Hummels, but Chelsea now appear to be the front runners.

Without intention to offend anyone, but signing Hummels would be an incomprehensible error.

At the beginning of the season we were related to Gerard Pique and some people were saying that Pique was overrated. To me Pique is a hundred thousand times better than Hummels in every way.

There are several Centre-backs in the market much better than Hummels. Obviously he can be a great Centre-back, but maybe we need something different.

To me Varane is a dream. He should be our first option.

Maybe it's too late to try to sign Pique.

I think that having Zouma (a player with great physical strength) we need a player who can assume the role of the compass from behind.

Regards.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You