Hulk

thejolta

Aguero...

he isnt bulky, but he can still outplay everyone in Epl...strange some Hulk wouldnt be able to...They are both same height though...

I never said Hulk wouldn't be able to play, I just said that he's not a physical force the way some are describing him. Aguero is a terrific player, but he doesn't dominate physically, he uses skill and vision to play brilliantly.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, Hulk's name is misleading. He's not this bullish physical player the way Drogba is. Hulk is listed at 5'11, 150 LBs. Drogba is 6' 2'', 185. Hulk is not going to out-muscle Premier League defenders who are just much bigger. He is not really an inside player anyway. He liked to come in from the right on his left foot and shoot not play with his back to the goal. What Hulk is, is actually a typical Brazilian skill/moves kind of player with the added benefit of a cannon for a left foot. Secondly, who are you comparing Hulk to? Portuguese league defenders? Hulk definitely has speed, but among the fastest in the world? I doubt anyone would claim that. Ramires is certainly faster and Sturridge and Torres might be as well. Hulk has excellent skills, but there are tons of players with fabulous skills who can't put it together as top footballers and some top footballers who manage to succeed without the greatest skills.

I have to ask how much have you seen of Hulk play? by reading some of your comments i can clearly see you haven't watched a single game of his, at most maybe a recent friendly game for Brazil.

comparing Hulk to Cardozo? lmao that is like comparing Aguero to Negredo.

For anyone who has seen Hulk play in Primeira Liga they would tell you he is the best player in that league arguably the best player to play in that league in recent years. He absolutely carried that team this season, while being the single focus of that team.

Your perception of the Primeira Liga is absolutely rubbish, we are not talking about the Eredivisie or the Belgian league, Primeria Liga is the fifth best league and only a matter of time before they surpass Serie A.

I have to ask how much have you seen of Hulk play? by reading some of your comments i can clearly see you haven't watched a single game of his, at most maybe a recent friendly game for Brazil.

For anyone who has seen Hulk play in Primeira Liga they would tell you he is the best player in that league arguably the best player to play in that league in recent years. He absolutely carried that team this season, while being the single focus of that team.

Your perception of the Primeira Liga is absolutely rubbish, we are not talking about the Eredivisie or the Belgian league, Primeria Liga is the fifth best league and only a matter of time before they surpass Serie A.

7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_shining.jpeg

Nonsense. Besides the Sporting, Porto, Benfica and Braga the league is filled with average and poor teams. Ligue 1 is a stronger league and the top four leagues are far superior to the Portugese league.

First of all, Hulk's name is misleading. He's not this bullish physical player the way Drogba is. Hulk is listed at 5'11, 150 LBs. Drogba is 6' 2'', 185.

150lbs? I don't believe that for a second. Where did you get that from?

Nonsense. Besides the Sporting, Porto, Benfica and Braga the league is filled with average and poor teams. Ligue 1 is a stronger league and the top four leagues are far superior to the Portugese league.

According to the UEFA Coefficients Portuguese teams are better than French.

Also in regards to Hulk's weight according to WhoScored he is 165lb (75kgs) and 6ft (180cm).

7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_shining.jpeg

What has happend to Serie A for the last few years? declining with more match fiixng issues and most of the clubs inability to cope with FFP, does not look good for the outlook.

I am not saying they will catch Serie this year or next, but down the line i see it as possibility.

I completely disagree especially about Ligue 1 being superior, what has any French club has done outside of their league in recent years?

Bundesliga, EPL, and La Liga are reasonably better that part i agree.

Ramires rooting for Chelsea contract Hulk

Volante admits that the Blues are following the negotiations and said that for him, everything would already be solved.

I am here in Brazil following the news about the likely signing of Hulk by Chelsea.

I hope it comes really.I played with him in the Brazilian national team, were on opposite sides while I was at Benfica and, of course, would add much to the group.

If you depend on my will already be all sorted - Ramires said.

http://translate.goo...96.html&act=url

Whether Hulk is world class or not, IMO he is the best right winger currently available and attainable for the club, and will improve our first team as we have no right winger as good as him in our squad.

Therefore I am hoping the club can close this deal asap.

Aguero...

he isnt bulky, but he can still outplay everyone in Epl...strange some Hulk wouldnt be able to...They are both same height though...

Aguero is very strong actually, really underestimated, every english defender said they didn't realise how strong he was.

What differences does it make how much he weighs... He is hench(hence the name)//// Would be a great signing. An out an out winger who could even play alongside torres.... Not really a drogba replacement as no one could ever replace the great man, but it is what torres needs....

We need class winger (not some young talent, we have Hazard), Hulk is class winger. Every class winger is around 30-40 mio (even Bilbao wants 30 for Muniain) End of story.

If Hulk is not right for you or anyone else, no one will be. 25 is not old, he has creativity, team work (assists), goals, speed. strenght, aerial ability, long shots, short/long FKs. He likes to join Chelsea, is worker and can decide match.

Some players are made to play in club better than at int level, england players are fine example. Epl suits Hulk very well, if Mata can outplay defenders, Hulk will do it with ease.

Nowdays, ball control and speed are very important and Hulk is good at that. Plus we play counters and I can see Hulk easier to escape defenders than Lavezzi or Muniain.

I didn't say that Hulk isn't right, I just said for the price we can get Muniain or Lavezzi for less than 38 million and they are both quality players. Muniain would be a long term investment. Hulk would be a good signing don't get me wrong, in fact an amazing signing for us, its just Muniain is going to be wanted by every big club in the next 2 or 3 years so we should really look to invest in him while hes cheaper than he probably will be and he is better than Malouda, Kalou and Danny. Tbh any good winger will do was just trying to put my opinion across...

According to the UEFA Coefficients Portuguese teams are better than French.

Yes, but that is based entirely on one club, Porto, having success in Europe. The French League is definitely deeper and more difficult to play in. Five champions in the last five seasons. Porto has lost one game in 2 years in Portugal. It's a league that is one dominant team, two or three decent teams, and most of the rest of the league would be in the first division in England. So, if you are a player for Marsaille or Lille or PSG, you have a much more difficult test than if you are coming from Porto.

As for "I bet you've never seen Hulk play" crap, I've seen him play in about 20 games. He had excellent skills and is very tricky, but in this youtube/fifa12 world, Hulk has gone from being a very skilled winger with a great left foot to a "world-class player" without accomplishing anything. People are trying to make Hulk to be the exact player they want him to be. He isn't. He has some incredible skills, but he has real flaws too. He shoots way too much and from too far (he took way more shots than Sturridge did last year), he goes down very easily, he's suspect defensively, and he's unproven against good clubs. (And if you think he's going to physically dominate Premiership defenders, you're crazy) Yes, it's possible he'll come to Chelsea and turn into a dominant offensive force. It's absolutely a real possibility. But it's also a real possibility that he'll come to Chelsea and find that the speed, trickery, and power that he was able to use against Portuguese defenders is just not good enough to succeed in the Premiership.

Considering that David Silva cost £24m two years ago and Mata cost £23.5m last season and they were both younger, more established, and played in a better league than Hulk, this talk of £38m seems ridiculous.

Yes, but that is based entirely on one club, Porto, having success in Europe. The French League is definitely deeper and more difficult to play in. Five champions in the last five seasons. Porto has lost one game in 2 years in Portugal. It's a league that is one dominant team, two or three decent teams, and most of the rest of the league would be in the first division in England. So, if you are a player for Marsaille or Lille or PSG, you have a much more difficult test than if you are coming from Porto.

I agree and disagree, Portuguese teams have a good track record in the Europa League with the likes of Braga and such. It shows that even though France have a deeper league the quality of the teams who compete for Portugal are better and in terms of Hulk this applies. It is a good learning curve and nice to get the winning mentality and as Chelsea have proved players from Portugal can come into the Premier League and be successful.

Porto's official website shows 180cm and 85kg. Looks pretty accurate imo.

God bless WhoScored.com and their accurate facts :).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You