Hulk

thejolta

No 'King Kenny' and Liverpool? :Goober:

All they did was inflate mediocre English players' prices. The world doesn't give a fuck about their flops because they know they're just dumb.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all you people worrying about FFP would be far better off going to the liverpool boards... they have spent more on Carroll Downing and Henderson who scored how many goals between them last season? 6~ or something? than we have spent on these 2 players who, granted are not in the premier league YET, have more goals and assists per game individually.

Plus Liverpool haven't won anything, oh wait the micky mouse cup.... We won the FA Cup and the Champions League and the revenues we will get from those wins over the years will be phenomenal with more exposure = more fans = more merchandise sales / more ticket sales = more revenue.

Calm down people and leave it to the professionals (as someone above me stated)

As long as he flexes those huge arms of his when he scores, groans, and does a loud scream which echoes across the stadium, I'm happy.

Judging from his tweets saying "thank you to Chelsea fans" etc, it does seem like he actually WANTS a move here.

Hope he's not a bit slow though and realises AVB is no longer here.

As long as he flexes those huge arms of his when he scores, groans, and does a loud scream which echoes across the stadium, I'm happy.

Judging from his tweets saying "thank you to Chelsea fans" etc, it does seem like he actually WANTS a move here.

Hope he's not a bit slow though and realises AVB is no longer here.

Now all we need to hope for is loyalty in future seasons, if we can keep all these players loyal to the cause and wanting to stay at chelsea (which doesn't seem to be hard) then we have potentially set ourselves up for a very good 4-5 seasons with all these guys.

I stopped reading there....

No success in Europe? Check out his honours.

He has far more than Hazard, don't see people complaining about his fee..........

Hazard is 21. Hulk will 26 in a month. And yes, Hulk's success in Europe has been very limited. Hulk has played 24 UCL games and has 7 goals and 2 assists. Hulk has played 18 games against teams from Spain and England and has 2 goals. He has 0 goals in 10 games against English clubs. It's the same issue. He has no success against top sides in his career. For this kind of money, you should be getting someone who has dominated.

Hazard is 21. Hulk will 26 in a month. And yes, Hulk's success in Europe has been very limited. Hulk has played 24 UCL games and has 7 goals and 2 assists. Hulk has played 18 games against teams from Spain and England and has 2 goals. He has 0 goals in 10 games against English clubs. It's the same issue. He has no success against top sides in his career. For this kind of money, you should be getting someone who has dominated.

It's not like Porto destroyed every single top team they played against in the European competitions and Hulk didn't help them. You can't judge a player only by his individual performances. Hulk is definitely top class, in my opinion.

I don't think we should complain about the money. It's not like Roman pays all of this from our bank accounts.

Valencia's been with United for three years now. He was average for two years and has had only one "fabulous" season.

Of course, you're right, but he was injured 2 years ago. The point is that Valencia has been incredible value. In order for Hulk to be good value, he has to turn into one of the best players in the world. And as far as FFP goes, it's real. No matter what the actual figures are, Chelsea can't go spending money like crazy. Chelsea have the highest wage bill in England and that's before Hazard and Hulk. This is a real issue.

So - Who takes our free kicks from now on?

Hulk, Mata, Hazard and Lampard are all capable.

Hulk will be the best at long range shots and free kicks clearly. His accuracy from distance is unmatched. I haven't seen many close-rangers scored by him though.

Mata has amazing vision and finesse, but often lacks power behind his shot.

Hazard is the same as Mata really, but he has not quite as good vision, but more power behind the shot.

Lampard is Lampard. Hit or miss when it comes to FK's.

And Drogba scored 5 goals in the champions league for Marseille, where are you going with this?...

EDIT: and he was 26..

Hulk will be the best at long range shots and free kicks clearly. His accuracy from distance is unmatched. I haven't seen many close-rangers scored by him though.

Hazard is the same as Mata really, but he has not quite as good vision, but more power behind the shot.

I imagine it will be Mata left-footed, Hazard right-footed and Lampard from deeper.

Hulk and Lampard would probably take the FKs directly facing the goal especially when the former can hit a rocket free kick like Alex. Anything that is to either side probably goes to Mata and Hazard as think they are capable of placing the FK into the net.

And Drogba scored 5 goals in the champions league for Marseille, where are you going with this?...

5 goals in 7 CL games is great. Drogba scored 11 goals in 16 games in Europe in one season with Marsailles and he signed for

£24m. He played 2 games against Liverpool and scored in both. He played against Newcastle and scored 2 goals. He played against Inter and scored. He scored against Real Madrid. Hulk has never had that type of success. It's not that I dislike Hulk, it's that the price is crazy. I know Chelsea fans are not supposed to talk about this, but It's also bad for football. RA spent like crazy when he first came and then he settled down but Chelsea and City have lead an insane rise in transfer prices and in wages.

5 goals in 7 CL games is great. Drogba scored 11 goals in 16 games in Europe in one season with Marsailles and he signed for

£24m. He played 2 games against Liverpool and scored in both. He played against Newcastle and scored 2 goals. He played against Inter and scored. He scored against Real Madrid. Hulk has never had that type of success. It's not that I dislike Hulk, it's that the price is crazy. I know Chelsea fans are not supposed to talk about this, but It's also bad for football. RA spent like crazy when he first came and then he settled down but Chelsea and City have lead an insane rise in transfer prices and in wages.

Chelsea aren't solely to blame for the manic spending and prices of players though, it's the likes of liverpool and man city and some of the spanish teams also who are making the prices sky rocket. You didn't really expect the prices to stay like they were over the course of 8 years did you?

And one more thing in terms of the drogba goals and hulks "lack" of europe, however good hulk is... you are only as good as the team you are playing with, you really think with the team that he is playing with at Chelsea next season he wont be able to pull of special things? he scored 2 goals the other day for Brazil and set up the other on (granted it's just Denmark but still)..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You