Josh, Josh, Josh

I love Josh but he needs to hit the gym and protein shakes. I did it and after a few months i am already a lot bigger! He has the skills just not the physical state to command the midfield of a top premiership side! Having said all that.. everytime i have seen him personally at games he has done more than just impressed me. I would love to see him break through into the side next season but as some of you have said before me, these big signings could spell another loan out for our Josh!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Josh but he needs to hit the gym and protein shakes. I did it and after a few months i am already a lot bigger! He has the skills just not the physical state to command the midfield of a top premiership side! Having said all that.. everytime i have seen him personally at games he has done more than just impressed me. I would love to see him break through into the side next season but as some of you have said before me, these big signings could spell another loan out for our Josh!

People say Ramires was too small, Look at him now. One of the best mid-fielders in the premiership!

People say Ramires was too small, Look at him now. One of the best mid-fielders in the premiership!

Amen to that Eden =)

Think the deep lying playmaker role is perfect for him. I drool over the idea of him and Romeu together behind Mata and Hazard after three or four years, with Lukaku up top. Of course the likelihood of that happening is close to nothing, but one can dream. His passing and vision is just incredible.

It'll all depend on the new manager. Also, in the 4-2-3-1, It'll be interesting to see where he is deployed. In the 2 holding, or as an attacking midfielder.

That is indeed an interesting point, but with Mata, Lamps and possibly Hazard I doubt he will get a chance in the CAM position. But even in the holding role, I feel he will not be given a decent chance until Raul leaves.

It'll all depend on the new manager. Also, in the 4-2-3-1, It'll be interesting to see where he is deployed. In the 2 holding, or as an attacking midfielder.

He won't be deployed at all. He's going to go on loan. It's best for everyone that he gets regular playing time and that won't happen at Chelsea right now.

I think Josh should get his chances next season, but not against the big boys like Utd or Arsenal.

Teams like Wigan, Aston Villa etc. should be good for bleeding him into the team more.

A weakened team of -

Cech

Ferreira, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand

Romeu, Josh

Marin, Lampard, De Bruyne

Sturridge

Would do the job in my opinion. Got the experience in there, with flair on the wings, and little Josh controlling the game.

In theory, that could tear lower teams apart.

I'm not sure what I agree with though in this debate of is he more Xavi or Iniesta like, or should he be an attacking midfielder or a deep-lying playmaker.

I haven't seen him take many great shots when I've watched him, and we do lack a playmaker deep, so I guess he should play there.

I think Josh should get his chances next season, but not against the big boys like Utd or Arsenal.

Teams like Wigan, Aston Villa etc. should be good for bleeding him into the team more.

A weakened team of -

Cech

Ferreira, Cahill, Terry, Bertrand

Romeu, Josh

Marin, Lampard, De Bruyne

Sturridge

Would do the job in my opinion. Got the experience in there, with flair on the wings, and little Josh controlling the game.

In theory, that could tear lower teams apart.

I'm not sure what I agree with though in this debate of is he more Xavi or Iniesta like, or should he be an attacking midfielder or a deep-lying playmaker.

I haven't seen him take many great shots when I've watched him, and we do lack a playmaker deep, so I guess he should play there.

I agree. Realistically though, that place will be given (undeservedly so imo) to Meireles.

Let me ask this question, what has josh done to show he deserves a start? I have seen him any time he's played for us and he puts in a shift for the most of the few chances he's had but why is everyone convinced he should be playing more? He's lightweight, he's inexperienced at the highest level and he hardly got a kick whilst on loan to an inferior team so why is everyone screaming for him to get games. I think what chels are doing is right, id be looking to get him another loan this season coming and see how he developes there. People seem too keen to rush these young lads into the first team but let's allow him to mature and see where he goes from there. One thing is for sure , if he was THAT good, he'd be starting already .

I would suggest he spends another year with the team training and working on his physique.Then if his path is still blocked he can get a loan for the 2013-2014 season.

Josh is 5'11, he's not a 5'7 midfielder with powerful legs and low centre of gravity. He really needs to work on his strength because he is just so skinny and weak.

I don't see what the rush is anymore. He's only 19 and has another 13-14 years to play football. The next 2 years are massive for his potential and he needs to get his body right because his technique is beyond doubt.

hazard is 21 and the next god(if u belive people), josh could have been ours.

I bet you would have watched xavi when he was younger and not been able to even notice him. Comparing hazard and josh is akin to comparing c. ronaldo with xavi; I'd rather have xavi anyday...