Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Why can't you recognize his other abilities?

Because he doesn't have any. Can't pass well, cross well, finish well, tackle well. All there is is this mythical 'hard working ability'. He tracks back, sure, but he's not bloody Ramires like people make him sound.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he doesn't have any. Can't pass well, cross well, finish well, tackle well. All there is is this mythical 'hard working ability'. He tracks back, sure, but he's not bloody Ramires like people make him sound.

I agree, André is better than Rami on the wing.

so..how can a player with no qualities at all (as you say) play for germany, play for one of the best clubs in the Bundesliga and is wanted by one of the best clubs in the world...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8759277/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

As Mourinho was in Germany, he was asked about the transfer of Bayer Leverkusen's Andre Schurrle - amid reports that he has given the green-light for the move, which was agreed before his return to the club.

But the Chelsea boss said: "There is no time for that, this is the time for Mikey - he is the man for today, Andre has to wait."

so..how can a player with no qualities at all (as you say) play for germany, play for one of the best clubs in the Bundesliga and is wanted by one of the best clubs in the world...

How does Torres continue to play for us?

Mertesacker has 90 caps for Germany. Doesn't mean he's a top centre back.

Yes - ONE of the best clubs - none of the other best clubs. There's a reason for that.

means nothing at all... they might be one of the better clubs in Germany, but their squad rather compares to a mid-table EPl club, full of average Germa players. That they finished a close 3rd with that squad speaks volumes of the quality of the league. But Schürrle is their most valuable player. I do not know what our scouts see in him what no one else sees, he is good but not great and will never be world class. Also, as his position is mainly LW/ 2nd Striker, i guess he will be a backup for Hazard, which we really need. The 17m is a bit high but u pay it also for his allroudn package: workrate, shot, striker's instinct, poaching abilites and versatility. He surely is not the perfect player, but he gives us depth in two departments where we need it.

But in general, i am against this trend to sign young players as back ups. When Mourinho bought Sahin, he sacrificed his carreer and did nothing for Real madrid + you always overpay cos they are young. Experienced players are cheaper and contribute more and faster.

means nothing at all... they might be one of the better clubs in Germany, but their squad rather compares to a mid-table EPl club, full of average Germa players. That they finished a close 3rd with that squad speaks volumes of the quality of the league. But Schürrle is their most valuable player. I do not know what our scouts see in him what no one else sees, he is good but not great and will never be world class. Also, as his position is mainly LW/ 2nd Striker, i guess he will be a backup for Hazard, which we really need. The 17m is a bit high but u pay it also for his allroudn package: workrate, shot, striker's instinct, poaching abilites and versatility. He surely is not the perfect player, but he gives us depth in two departments where we need it.

Don't forget age - he's only 22 :)

And if anybody can make this guy great it's Jose :)

Him, Zlatan and a DM would be a good summer :) maybe in throw in a Rooney too (cover for Mata) - then we'd be set for the EPL :)

Him, Zlatan and a DM would be a good summer :) maybe in throw in a Rooney too (cover for Mata) - then we'd be set for the EPL :)

Zlatan, really? That'd be dreamy.

You haven't really provided one decent argument as to why you think Schurrle can't pass well, can't cross well, can't finish well or can't tackle well (don't know why this is so relevant to you, lol). You're just sprouting it out simply because you don't fancy him as a player. He's a good player bought for squad depth which we sorely lacked last season.

People have given decent arguments regarding why they want Schurrle or why they don't think he's a good buy (one that usually revolves around KDB but now that he's not involved in the deal I've yet to actually see a decent argument IMO) but your argument just reeks of "he's shit because I said so".

You say you'd understand if Mourinho sold Mata but then when Mourinho's clearly approving of the Schurrle deal it's a different story, one that you're purposely neglecting. Anything you're saying on Schurrle doesn't really have any substance.

But in general, i am against this trend to sign young players as back ups. When Mourinho bought Sahin, he sacrificed his carreer and did nothing for Real madrid + you always overpay cos they are young. Experienced players are cheaper and contribute more and faster.

It's different with Schurrle because we don't have a player like him in the squad. What Schurrle offers is tactical flexibility for Mourinho, he can switch up games due to the nature of his attributes. Sahin required to be the main playmaker in the team and you don't need that with Schurrle so he's a lot more flexible in that sense - Sahin's situation is not really comparable IMO.

Yes, like Jose did with Sahin and so many other young players.

Age is the problem. He won't develop that much cos he won't play much. I'd rather have an experienced player.

Rooney and Zlatan won't come. you do not pay those wages for declining players with diva attitude.

Age is the problem. He won't develop that much cos he won't play much. I'd rather have an experienced player.

Rooney and Zlatan won't come. you do not pay those wages for declining players with diva attitude.

Well Mourinho talked about young players in his interview.

So I think he wants to build something for long term like saf did.

The you don't win nothing with kids quote comes to my mind.

Saf did it and I think Mourinho wants that challenge as well.

This is why he said he was not going to go crazy spending on players.

sahin was injured most of the ime, so jose couldnt do anything. also he loaned him out to pool, where he sucked too. was rather a problem of sahin than of mou

schürrle i think could develop...he has the ability. he needs to improve his passing-game yes, but basically, he has everything you need.