Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

Thats harsh on Ramires.

As for Schurrle...i'm sure we can wait another season and sign him for 14 million..cause we are, basically the only top club that wants him.

You misunderstood me, I might have not expressed myself clearly enough. He started to compare Ramires with Schürrle, who are different players although they possess some of the same attributes. As does Ramires and long distance runners, but can really one replace the other just because of that? That's why the 'shooting blanks' remark infront of the comparison.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate this guy and think he'd improve our team but there's plenty of fish in the sea if Leverkusen start causing trouble. Schürrle will be available for €14m next year so we really shouldn't overspend on him this year, simply go after another target and snap him up next summer if he's still wanted.

Can you explain what that means ? I don't get the 'he will be available for 14m next year' part.

Can you explain what that means ? I don't get the 'he will be available for 14m next year' part.

In his contract at Leverkusen there is a €14m release clause which becomes active next summer.

I haven't watched a lot of Schurrle, but hopefully he'll be a good rotational squad member at the very least, that's if we do indeed sign him. For those that have seen him preform regularly how does he compare with Jesus Navas? He's just signed with Manchester City, for around 20 million. He does of course suffer from chronic homesickness so that may (likely) be a serious problem.

FFS why are we so obssesive with him ??

If it was any other player we would have dropped it long ago ...

What is it that makes our club insist on him?

He is 22, cost 20 mill and is better then Torres?

So that way we say fuck it. Anything is an upgrade to Torres from here on! :D

I haven't watched a lot of Schurrle, but hopefully he'll be a good rotational squad member at the very least, that's if we do indeed sign him. For those that have seen him preform regularly how does he compare with Jesus Navas? He's just signed with Manchester City, for around 20 million. He does of course suffer from chronic homesickness so that may (likely) be a serious problem.

I'm no expert on Schurrle...but Navas is the more explosive winger.

What Schurrle brings is workrate, long shots...and he's 22.

As a winger, Navas is better..but as a team player who will most likely be used as squad rotation, I'd take Schurrle (for the right price..)

What's the lastest rumors can anyone tell me? Is he coming or De Bruyne still won't join Leverkrusen? what's going on?

there will be a meeting between mourinho and völler tomorrow at Michael Ballacks farewell game. after that, maybe there will be something new.