Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or the flip side to the discussion is KDB is a bigger risk to bring in as Schurlle, right?

Nice input.

Who IS the bigger risk - KDB /Schurrle . Beware only one year age difference - pretty much the same experience level. Stats .... No comment.

Nice input.

Who IS the bigger risk - KDB /Schurrle . Beware only one year age difference - pretty much the same experience level. Stats .... No comment.

Stats are also roughly the same and playing time, just that Schürrle has 14 goals, 10 assists for club against Kevin's 10 goals, 10 assists. Schürrle has been playing in Europe for the last 2 years in Leverkusen.

From what I've read so far from people who actually watch him playing, he is very average and he's unconsistent.

I really dont get why our board are so obssesive about him since last summer or so ?

To be fair he is a very good player, but it's relly hard to understand that why do we want to sign gim for 20 million pounds(according to rumours) if we have already got KDB.

He was cheap, he knows Hazard and Lukaku very well, and he had a terrific season at Werder Bremen. Kevin scored and assisted more goals(19) than Schürrle did.

I think that's why most of us don't really happy about Schürrle.

Stats are also roughly the same and playing time, just that Schürrle has 14 goals, 10 assists for club against Kevin's 10 goals, 10 assists. Schürrle has been playing in Europe for the last 2 years in Leverkusen.

Yes, i said no comment because here context comes into play

1. First year Bundesliga versus homegrown

2. The relative position of the teams

3. The relative quality of teammates - Bremen sucked at times .....

4. It doesn't reflect how much impact the player had. KDB is seen as having held Bremen in the Bundesliga .... An anchor point.

So yes, i love sience and data. But they are shit without context.

Edit : i see 11 goals and 7 for Schurrle with one game more - in a better team.

Yes, i said no comment because here context comes into play

1. First year Bundesliga versus homegrown

2. The relative position of the teams

3. The relative quality of teammates - Bremen sucked at times .....

4. It doesn't reflect how much impact the player had. KDB is seen as having held Bremen in the Bundesliga .... An anchor point.

So yes, i love sience and data. But they are shit without context.

Edit : i see 11 goals and 7 for Schurrle with one game more - in a better team.

Valid points, Stingray - agree with them. Only speaks volume of Kevin's adaptation but does it mean Schürrle should deserve less credit? Both of them are good players. For the club Schürrle has 14 goals and 10 assists in 3435 minutes (43 games). KDB has 10 goals, 10 assists for the club in 3085 minutes (34 games).

Yep, the man that has a squad of 23 players on loan is f**king clueless.

Club has been a complete joke since he was appointed.

And the vast majority of those loans are thoroughly worthwhile and better than ones that we were obtaining for young prospects over the past few years.

But yeah, they're clueless when it comes to players....that they signed....and are now worth three times as much.

:wank2:

Valid points, Stingray - agree with them. Only speaks volume of Kevin's adaptation but does it mean Schürrle should deserve less credit? Both of them are good players. For the club Schürrle has 14 goals and 10 assists in 3435 minutes (43 games). KDB has 10 goals, 10 assists for the club in 3085 minutes (34 games).

I know .... This all or nothing game is what I find troubling. I want AND Kdb AND good other ones. If Schurrle is what we need, i don't know.

I think we need pivot, cm and some switching at St positions.

So i am carefull on this transfer. It does cost us a lot if the rumours are correct (which never are - but hat s what makes us love a forum)

Greetz mate!

This kind of approach isn't as unique as you are trying to point out.(Weren't we arguing how Bayern Münich is the big bad wolf who is eating the talents in Bundesliga? They are very successful, best club in the world at the moment. Extreme comparison, I know.)

Did I make it sound unique? Wasn't me that brought that subject up in the first place. And was just saying the facts..

Having so many players will potentially hinder their progress due to lack of opportunities, in that sense I totally agree with you, but all of these players have worked hard all their childhood, in a very thug like competitive environment - they know what it takes to succeed and part of it is luck and taking that little given chance with both hands.

You make it sound as if every player grew up on the streets on Argentina or Brazil and have to adapt their life based on tough circumstances like coming from a poor family, having to take care of their brothers and sisters etc...

Anyway, them working hard and knowing what it takes to succeed is one thing but it's another issue altogether being able to do that and given a proper opportunity to fulfill them.

I hope you agree that we can't really give everyone a fair run of games to judge them? We'd be a feeder club otherwise. That's why the loans.

50-50. We would actually be able to give these young players a proper chance in the team if we do not stock up so many young and similar players in the team. And it's also part of the reason why we have to send them out on loan, because we have no space for them in the team due to others being present in their playing position.

So after the situation calmed down a bit, I think this transfer is went naturally.

Bayer has promised Schurrle that they will let him go if there is any offer from big clubs and maybe only after Bayer qualified for UCL applied. When Bayer know it is us who made a bid for Schurrle, they used this opportunity to include KDB in negotiation. And we know what happened next.

So, the condition here is natural in my opinion, Chelsea want Schurrle, Schurrle want to move, Bayer cannot stand on the way, Bayer want KDB as a replacement for at least one year, KDB agree to have one more year on loan. The deal is done.

Or the flip side to the discussion is KDB is a bigger risk to bring in as Schurlle, right?

Given that we're shelling out 20mil + KDB on loan for Schurrle, he's the bigger risk

The fact that we're spending 20 mill on Schurrle rather than Capoue or Benat makes me sick

yeah because you cant spend on multiple players but only on one...