Schurrle signing confirmed; will wear #14

I've watched enough games of Schürrle to know that he's 1) not what we need, 2) not worth the asking price (especially not worth giving them KDB on loan) and 3) never gonna be a starter for Chelsea.

But yeah, instead of watching the player for years and making your judgement based on those games go on and make fools of yourselves by thinking "Oh, Emenalo has signed a few decent players so every single transfer must be a wonder move".

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No 'I' in team, it's a squad game, we should be thankful if he does come here he will be replacing people like Benayoun.

Yes that is true but we could be getting better player for that kind of money.. That is pissing people off!

So, just because others are doing it as well and we have to follow? Doesn't mean it's the right approach. Look at the point explained above.

This kind of approach isn't as unique as you are trying to point out.(Weren't we arguing how Bayern Münich is the big bad wolf who is eating the talents in Bundesliga? They are very successful, best club in the world at the moment. Extreme comparison, I know.) Having so many players will potentially hinder their progress due to lack of opportunities, in that sense I totally agree with you, but all of these players have worked hard all their childhood, in a very thug like competitive environment - they know what it takes to succeed and part of it is luck and taking that little given chance with both hands. I hope you agree that we can't really give everyone a fair run of games to judge them? We'd be a feeder club otherwise. That's why the loans.

Though you are right about not piling up as much, we should pick more carefully and nurture them. And to all honesty the likes of KDB, Lukaku, Courtois, Chalobah etc all had a great loan season - props for the Chelsea's staff for picking the right club and helping them take a huge leap forward. :yes:

We might be jumping the gun here with claiming that every young player will again go on loan or be used as make weight in deals like this - all are still very much rumors and a huge factor - we haven't got a manager appointed yet. Before presumably Mourinho takes over I'm not believing any of the transfer/loan yellow page fabricated jibberish.

When are dortmund going for kdb and not schurrle? Why is the leverkusen president so insistent on the kdb loan and nothing else? Isnt that suspicious to you?

Because they dont want him to always do the same thing everytime he gets the ball ?

Yes that is true but we could be getting better player for that kind of money.. That is pissing people off!

It's not all Football Manager or FIFA where you get exactly who you want. A balance needs to be found, when you bring in these players you need to also remember that it's rotation and they might not be automatic starters. We are looking to bolster a thin squad but also make the bench look a lot stronger than it has been. I am not saying there isn't better players out there but if we shove Schurrle on in a game where he play left or right to pull teams open then great, we have added width with versatility and found a balance.

No 'I' in team, it's a squad game, we should be thankful if he does come here he will be replacing people like Benayoun.

I don't think anyone would mind Schurrle in the squad. It's more about the prize + loan deal for KDB that makes it idiotic.

I've watched enough games of Schürrle to know that he's 1) not what we need, 2) not worth the asking price (especially not worth giving them KDB on loan) and 3) never gonna be a starter for Chelsea.

But yeah, instead of watching the player for years and making your judgement based on those games go on and make fools of yourselves by thinking "Oh, Emenalo has signed a few decent players so every single transfer must be a wonder move".

Unless we buy di maria, which would be completely weird as what would be the point of buying Schurrle, i think he is very likely to be a starter. I can't see Mourinho sticking Oscar out wide all season, so i think it is very likely he would be a starter. But tbh, thats not even the point. Its a long season, and we were undergunned last season. Our first 11 was full of talent, but our bench was often very bare. Now obviously we could have just recalled our loanees (which i would have done). But players gaining first team experience elsewhere isn't that bad of a thing in my opinion.

Why can't people get the point it's a long season, we need better options than Benayoun etc and this guy will start some games, be benched for some and also played in different positions.

Versatility and depth is a massive plus especially if you want to win leagues and cups.

The same counts for Kdb. Ow and we already own him.

Are we actually arguing if Chelsea should have depth or not? I mean IF the rumors are true and we give KdB on loan to Leverkusen(CL football)and get Schürrle, then we'd have 2 great players, 2 different players in our disposal for 2014/15 season. I hope KDB and his agents are smart about this, a season with regular football in Bundesliga plus CL will be the smartest thing to do in order claim his spot in Belgium's World Cup team.

The same counts for Kdb. Ow and we already own him.

Of course! And the fact that our Belgian loanees - Lukaku, dr Bruyne and Courtois, all hit the waves and were very successful with their loan spells shows that Chelsea made the right call to send them on loan and to right places. Better than being on the bench. We could argue if they could have done better at Chelsea than some players who stayed here but that's not important anymore. That's all theory and we'll never know the truth. Fact is the trio is developing fast and we'll face a fight to keep them.

Their loans worked brilliantly. I do not dispute that. Also, we do need depth - thats exactly why i think it is unwise to loan kdb out again (and Lukaku). Also, coming in here i believe he would get enough playing time and already a year in the epl + cl. Double win.

I fail to see why loaning him out is so rational. He is ready now to compete for a spot in terms of quality. In terms of age - Schurrle is only a year older and does not bring more experience. In pure playing time - even less than kdb.

@MetsajCFC, What's even the point being on a forum if you're going to downmine everyones opinion and just be like 'Oh well the board are professionals'

This isn't the first time you try to play this neuteral view point of game, just like when the other team gets a penalty you always say 'yeah it's a penalty' just for the sake of being neuteral, even though it wasn't a penalty.

It's clearly obvious the board has made mistakes in the past, clearly fucking obvious.

Why can't people get the point it's a long season, we need better options than Benayoun etc and this guy will start some games, be benched for some and also played in different positions.

Versatility and depth is a massive plus especially if you want to win leagues and cups.

You're right. But the problem is that we loan out KDB and pay 20M while we could have just kept KDB.

Why isn't he what we need? I've seen very little of him, but on paper he seems to be exactly what we need

Why isn't he what we need? I've seen very little of him, but on paper he seems to be exactly what we need

On paper. Indeed.

I don't think anyone would mind Schurrle in the squad. It's more about the prize + loan deal for KDB that makes it idiotic.

I think that having the chance to send Kevin de Bruyne on loan to a Champions League team with one of their top players joining us is win win. We'd have even more depth the season after, KDB gets regular football and CL experience and become a better player.

Schürrle is not a bad player - far from it, I don't really know where all the Bundesliga 'experts' have come from. He is roughly 6-7months older than Kevin and already has made 23 appearances in Die Mannschaft. Has scored 14, assisted 10 in roughly the same amount of gametime as Kevin -he has 10 of each on club level.

@MetsajCFC, What's even the point being on a forum if you're going to downmine everyones opinion and just be like 'Oh well the board are professionals'

This isn't the first time you try to play this neuteral view point of game, just like when the other team gets a penalty you always say 'yeah it's a penalty' just for the sake of being neuteral, even though it wasn't a penalty.

It's clearly obvious the board has made mistakes in the past, clearly fucking obvious.

Are you having a dig on him just because you have a problem with different opinions? Doesn't make him a less of a fan. Harsh, unjustified and too much generalisation.