David Luiz

the wes

He hasn't been producing top defensive performances but he's done well. I guess that's good but I don't know. I can't help but look at him and expect more. But then again, there isn't much to complain about if he keeps performing like this.

What I do very much like about him is his development as a leader. Didn't expect that. He's charismatic but that's not the same as being a leader. But he's showing he has a bit of that in him and that's something Chelsea definitely. Prevent the silly mistakes and lead by example and he should be taken very seriously by his team mates and his opponents.

Read somewhere the pundits were actually positive about him. I hope having to admit that didn't cause them to get an ulcer..

Always liked the lad tho I wanted to shake him warmly by the throat when he was giggling on the floor that time,

But these extra responsibilities (I remembered the word!) is making him more cautious and self aware. Hes doing great.

I also think he would make a great polaymaker in the deep pocket in front of the CDs

I cant get ober just how much praise is being lavished on him by journos and pundits. Im pleased for him and nice to show those amongst us who thoughht he was a accident waiting to happen and a last minute panic buy he can actually do the job.

Heres his vid v Saints

33 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Done nothing wrong in the last few games, been very good.

His leadership has been good too.

I think that will be really handy next season when JT wont be around.  He has always been a good strong character which is something we dont have too much of. But you can imagine some of the pranks and banter the likes of Luiz,Bats and Diego get upto.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I think that will be really handy next season when JT wont be around.  He has always been a good strong character which is something we dont have too much of. But you can imagine some of the pranks and banter the likes of Luiz,Bats and Diego get upto.

Dressing room would be an absolute dream:D

6 minutes ago, Adnane said:

His passing is excellent for any position.

Not really, overhits them quite often or gives hopeless ones. At least that's how I remember him from his first stint with us, haven't really paid attention to it this time. A playmaker also needs creativity and correct decision making in addition to pure technical skill to pull off passes, I very much doubt he can do it.

Lazy to mount a clip of his best passes this second time around, but yeah, he used to over hit them earlier with us, right now he seems to have progressed even more in that aspect, all his forward passes are generally neat. 

He hits them strong, between the line on players feet so it breaks oponnent pressure, we just need to have technically gifted players to control those balls well.

2 minutes ago, Adnane said:

He hits them strong, between the line on players feet so it breaks oponnent pressure, we just need to have technically gifted players to control those balls well.

That's what you want from your ball-playing defender, to be technically adept at getting the ball forward and he does that well. Doubt he would be able to dictate tempo, be a creative outlet and the focal point of possession play, that in a position with less time on the ball. Don't think he has the eye or intelligence to be a playmaker.

I'll tell ya summet. I've heard alot of dafter thingsi

Chelsea star David Luiz hints he wants to replace John Terry as captain