THE OVERHAUL!

Hulk has Excelled as a WINGER. End of story. He would play as a winger here.

Well he's a striker who can play on the wing, I'm not trying to wind anyone up but you did just kind of have a stab at some chap because you thought you we're right.

He would have excelled as a striker If he was played through the middle like he has been this season, but again, he's in the same position as our Danny, striker pushed out wide.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's better as a winger than as a striker. Out wide he can beat people with pace and tricky, get to the byline and feed the striker, like he did so well for Falcao.

Or cut in with his left foot like Robben, and unleash a rocket.

i dont see why we let kalou go. its so stupid. sell malouda, why offer him an extension but noy kalou. we had not sold kalou all we would have needed was a creative mid and a right back even after letting go of malouda,bosingwa,ferreira,drogba and probably essien.

i had so hoped that this should have been the squad after dd's departure

strikers- torres, sturridge, lukaku

wingers/creative midfielders- kdb,marin,mata,kalou.

cental midfielders- ramires,meireles,essien/some1 we buy,josh,lampard.

cdm- oriol,mikel.

defenders- ashley,bertrand,ivanovic,hutchinson,terry,cahill,luiz, a right back

goalkeeper- cech,thibaut,turnbull.

now we gotta buy another winger or have malouda crap us for another season. FFP is kicking in, we need to be careful.

I hope we eventually start playing our football like Manchester City.

Although they also use a 4-2-3-1, it's much better than our own.

We use 2 defensive midfielders, 1 attacking midfielder, 2 wingers, 1 striker.

They use 1 defensive midfielder partnered with 1 box-to-box midfielder, 2 playmakers where the wingers would usually be (but they play closer to the centre and then drift out wide to put a cross in when needed), and then a trequartista who swaps roles with the striker up-top, who often also acts as a trequartista.

(A trequartista is a player who switches between being a striker and attacking midfielder throughout the game. Think Aguero, Messi, Rooney.)

This creates ultimate possession with the playmakers, striker and trequartista all wanting to pass, pass, pass, while the box-to-box midfielder will often go with a surprise run and put the ball into the net when those playmakers mentioned occasionally drift wide, opening up space in the middle.

Due to their playmaking-wingers playing a lot more central, their full backs always need to bomb forward.

I think we could play something like them if we lined up in the following way -

Cech

Kane, Cahill, Terry, Cole

Mikel, Ramires

De Bruyne, Mata, Hazard

Torres

This would give us an English back 4 which would be great for communication purposes, a possession-minded midfielder in Mikel deployed as the holding midfielder, Ramires with his surging runs and versatility,

De Bruyne whose fantastic with both feet and works well in any attacking position, Mata is obvious, and then hopefully we can snatch up Hazard who is MADE for this role.

With Lampard as a sub able to play where Mikel/Ramires are or where Mata is, Marin able to cover for any of the front/mid 3, Bertrand to rotate with Cole, Ivanovic to rotate with Kane, and Lukaku and Sturridge able to cover for Torres, I'm sure this would bring us effective, possession, attacking football.

No need to go crazy with the money and buy Hulk and Lucas Moura who wouldn't even fit into a 4-2-3-1.

We'd be much better off investing in back-ups and rotation options.

:)

The bit about Manchester City's formation isn't entirely accurate. They also play with two DM's. Only when one of their attacking players comes off does it free Yaya Toure to a box-to-box role. Other than that, agreed with the majority.

He's better as a winger than as a striker. Out wide he can beat people with pace and tricky, get to the byline and feed the striker, like he did so well for Falcao.

Or cut in with his left foot like Robben, and unleash a rocket.

Hope he does it better then Robben did Saturday night :Goober:

so drogba gone, and torres leading the way.

who should be his backup? cavani/falcao those are 40-50mil backups?! im just lookin for a reeasonable backup st that the club should go for to give torres rest. please be reasonable, all i got is either studge, or a llorente.

who should be his backup? cavani/falcao those are 40-50mil backups?! im just lookin for a reeasonable backup st that the club should go for to give torres rest. please be reasonable, all i got is either studge, or a llorente.

We dont need another striker. We've got Torres and Sturridge who should be given the chance to prove himself as a CF. Buying another striker will just create problems. All we need is winger(s) and a RB.

Demba Ba can be picked up for 7 million. Which may in fact happen.

We dont need another striker. We've got Torres and Sturridge who should be given the chance to prove himself as a CF. Buying another striker will just create problems. All we need is winger(s) and a RB.

Agree with Studge being givin shot believe me, but EVERYONE including people hear and transfer rumors all stating we need drogba back up drogba back up. When we had DDA (sobbing) we had Anelka as #2 but he could play wing. So if we got Hulk, him and Studge could sure up number 2. Or if we get just hazard then Studge as backup.

We only need 1 new winger period. Unless on goes on loan.

Hazard/Hulk

Marin

KDB

Studge

That looks better than man u's lethal wingers of

Giggs

Nani

Valencia

young

Hahaha and with Maya and lamps in AM role rotating throughout the season then we look really good up front wouldn't you say?!

Agree with Studge being givin shot believe me, but EVERYONE including people hear and transfer rumors all stating we need drogba back up drogba back up. When we had DDA (sobbing) we had Anelka as #2 but he could play wing. So if we got Hulk, him and Studge could sure up number 2. Or if we get just hazard then Studge as backup.

We only need 1 new winger period. Unless on goes on loan.

Hazard/Hulk

Marin

KDB

Studge

That looks better than man u's lethal wingers of

Giggs

Nani

Valencia

young

Hahaha and with Maya and lamps in AM role rotating throughout the season then we look really good up front wouldn't you say?!

I don't know if Marin, KDB and Hulk are particularly better than Nani and Valencia tbh.

Valencia is basically like Hulk but an actual out and out winger, we need someone like him tbh. Hulk is also a risk as he seems to go missing in big games, the Man City games in the Europa League for example. Also Porto want 38 million for him, which won't go down with the FFP rules if we get Hazard in for like 30 million too unless we sell Paulo Ferreria for like 50 million :Goober:

Nani was similar to Hulk a few years ago but has turned himself into a complete winger who can provide assists and score goals. If only we had looked to invest in the likes of Valencia and Nani a few years ago :(

FFS stop putting Sturridge on the wing. He needs to play as a CF. That's why we need 2 Wingers, with Marin as backup and possibly KDB and Sturridge also as backup IF NEEDED.

Hulk

Hazard

Marin

Malouda (if he stays)

There you go, buying Hulk would also mean we don't have to buy another striker as he can play there if needed. You can kill two birds with one stone by buying Hulk.

Think we really have to be careful here with the squad overhauling this summer. As much as we all want to get rid of the dead woods, it's imperative that we do not toss them out all at once. While they may not exactly be useful and effective as before, they still have the experience and can be used as a squad player for next season at least AND given that we're gonna have tons of games in the 2012/13 campaign, we could do with having players like that to come in for certain games and do a job for us.

Furthermore, we do not want to toss all of them out in one go leaving the squad short of experience and a massive hole where we have to get in most of the replacements this summer. With the FFP rules coming in, we can't go spending like crazy in the upcoming transfer window. So, it's majorly important that we manage who's going out in the upcoming transfer window well as our primary aim is to make sure we get in the right players to fix those positions that we have been having problem with first and not squad players. Sell/release the dead woods step by step, not kick them all out in one shot.

so basically Chelsea said bye bye to the portugal/africa era and hello to the belgium/brazil era more or less... 3 Belgium players (possibly 4 Hazzard?) Luiz and Ramirez with a chance of Hulk and Lucas Moura... Interesting EVEN THO i think Chelsea should promote more academy players with the likes of Kane and gael coming up the ranks and who knows when Mc Josh will be ready to play

Is Roman really still going to want an attacking team? He saw us achieve the two greatest results in our history (Nou Camp and Allianz Arena) playing defensive-orientated, counter-attacking football. I hope now he realises that winning with attacking football is usually a freak instance.