THE OVERHAUL!

Hey, i just wanted to know what you all think? do you want fast pace new chelsea or a physical "08" defensive minded chelsea, for years we have been knowing for having the worlds most effective defense in Europe, but know with us starting a new squad do you lads think we should change our style from being physical bullying team to soft and fast boys such as barca etc.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the demise of AVB last season shows that we can't just radically change our style over night.

I can see there being a fair few changes this summer, of course, but the defence and a lot of the core of the team will stay the same and last season shows that our defence needs to play in a specific way. However, the front four could have more freedom and less defensive duties if we sign Hulk and Hazard/Lucas.

Hey, i just wanted to know what you all think? do you want fast pace new chelsea or a physical "08" defensive minded chelsea, for years we have been knowing for having the worlds most effective defense in Europe, but know with us starting a new squad do you lads think we should change our style from being physical bullying team to soft and fast boys such as barca etc.

In JM's 1st season we had both. Fantastic defence combined with lighting quick counter-attack from the wingers.

To be honest the best teams in the world (Barcelona) have solid defenses, in fact they defend very well, pressing the ball all over the pitch.

No reason we can't combine that with a more fluid attack going forward. With the departure off the big man they are going to have to change there style. No more battering teams into submission.

Well, Roman always want an attacking team. I guess and HOPE if Chelsea really got Hulk, front attacking 3 should be very good, with Hulk, Torres, Marin and Mata behind them,

I think it' best if we have a mixture of both. Keep our defence the way it is. Don't play with a high line as we saw the disastrous results under AVB. So solid defence but, like someone mentioned earlier, let our attackers go wild. Give them full freedom with little defensive duties (for most games). We'd get the best of both worlds. Although to do this we need great CM's who can defend well but also transition the play quickly. This is how we'll play good attacking football while not compromising our defence. We'll never be just like Barcelona. I see us becoming more like Bayern Munich with better defence. Playing attractive football would be welcomed.

I think it' best if we have a mixture of both. Keep our defence the way it is. Don't play with a high line as we saw the disastrous results under AVB. So solid defence but, like someone mentioned earlier, let our attackers go wild. Give them full freedom with little defensive duties (for most games). We'd get the best of both worlds. Although to do this we need great CM's who can defend well but also transition the play quickly. This is how we'll play good attacking football while not compromising our defence. We'll never be just like Barcelona. I see us becoming more like Bayern Munich with better defence. Playing attractive football would be welcomed.

Agree with that. I do not want to see play the attacking like AVB tried to implement and we ended up ditching our defensive stability, organization and that spirit together as a team. Most of us here probably appreciate the beauty in defending heroically and being extremely stingy in defence rather than just attack, attack and attack.

Agree with that. I do not want to see play the attacking like AVB tried to implement and we ended up ditching our defensive stability, organization and that spirit together as a team. Most of us here probably appreciate the beauty in defending heroically and being extremely stingy in defence rather than just attack, attack and attack.

Yea, but I think most of us would agree that it's time we play Attacking Football. (Not AVB attacking, attacking like I mentioned in my post before). Pretty sure, we'd all like to see that. Man Citeh is a good example of what we should be aiming to play like. Fluid football.

Yea, but I think most of us would agree that it's time we play Attacking Football. (Not AVB attacking, attacking like I mentioned in my post before). Pretty sure, we'd all like to see that. Man Citeh is a good example of what we should be aiming to play like. Fluid football.

Perhaps something like we did under Ancelotti, in the Double winning season??

Sky Sports reporting that Kalou (sorry Cap) and Bosingwa will be confirmed as leaving at end of their contracts this summer and, along with Drogba, Essien, Malouda and Ferreira also expected to leave.

Therefore expect at minimum 4 new signings this summer.

And should be a good reduction of our wage bill - those 6 players between them must have been on somewhere between £400-450k pw combined.

Sky Sports reporting that Kalou (sorry Cap) and Bosingwa will be confirmed as leaving at end of their contracts this summer and, along with Drogba, Essien, Malouda and Ferreira also expected to leave.

Therefore expect at minimum 4 new signings this summer.

And should be a good reduction of our wage bill - those 6 players between them must have been on somewhere between £400-450k pw combined.

Essien, Malouda and Paulo? Great servents of the club but glad they're being shifted on. If all this is really happening than it is Magnificent. We seem to be truly overhauling the team, not just making a couple of changes here and there. This will also mean signings, Get In!