Roman Abramovich Thread

Roman, mate, we hate them too, but don't you think this is a bit drastic?!

B2j8kz-IUAAUM33.jpg

Honestly, it really doesn't take all that, Didier can do it single-handedly! :lol:

:carlo:

They are already destroyed, aren't they? Using Fabre-pass and Costa-lob :Goober:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice photo of RA's yacht

B3XP45OCMAAMnt8.jpg

I also got a close up view of Roman's Yacht on Saturday 1 or Sunday 2 October 2011 when it was in Harbour by the restaurant where I was sitting with My Family and My Moms Sister's Family at the restaurant and I was sitting and looking at it at the Port of Auckland in New Zealand.

by Eden park which was about 15 minutes away from the Ports.

when I met 4 South African Rugby Union Springboks Players a week before they where to play in the Semi-finals against Australia on 9 October 2011.

they were sitting inside and I was outside and me and my brother got 4 signatures on our South Africa Springboks 2011 Rugby World Cup Shirts.

it is a nice Yacht

• 3 weeks later...

In the short term yes. If we go back to 2009 when Brent Crude Oil was priced the same then we realise he hasn't theoretically lost anything at all. When the oil prices no doubt surge again in the next few years then he will recoup it all back. Unless he starts losing billions, which he won't, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

With concern of oil eventually running out there will only be one winner come the end. It's practically impossible for Abramovich to lose money due to the ruble and/or oil prices.

In the short term yes. If we go back to 2009 when Brent Crude Oil was priced the same then we realise he hasn't theoretically lost anything at all. When the oil prices no doubt surge again in the next few years then he will recoup it all back. Unless he starts losing billions, which he won't, it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

With concern of oil eventually running out there will only be one winner come the end. It's practically impossible for Abramovich to lose money due to the ruble and/or oil prices.

Does Roman even have any investment in oil any longer? I thought he had divested.

Ruble is the problem now, not only oil price...

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=RUB

Yes and no. He doesn't directly, but his investment company Millhouse Capital does - mainly Gazprom.

Thank you.

I don't follow these things closely but I understood that for a number of years Roman's share of Sibneft was owned through Millhouse and that, when he decided to move out of that industry, Millhouse sold its Sibneft shares to Gazprom leaving our owner out of the oil business. I was not aware that Roman owned any part of Gazprom, through Millhouse or any other vehicle.

Thank you.

I don't follow these things closely but I understood that for a number of years Roman's share of Sibneft was owned through Millhouse and that, when he decided to move out of that industry, Millhouse sold its Sibneft shares to Gazprom leaving our owner out of the oil business. I was not aware that Roman owned any part of Gazprom, through Millhouse or any other vehicle.

It's very disputed and it'd be very difficult to find any solid evidence, but from what I understand he does. From the recent court proceedings it seems that the shares get passed around between companies a lot.

He has Millhouse Capital in the UK, Millhouse LLC in Russia, Electus Investments in Cyprus, Aristus Holdings in Cyprus, Lanebrook in Cyprus, Ervington Investments in Cyprus, Crispian Investments in Cyprus and many more

Citing the lawsuit, brought against Abramovich by Boris Berezovsky (See above), the news service said the Chelsea football clob owner "shuffled assets, including stakes in oil, aluminum, automobile manufacturing and airlines, between holding companies in Gibraltar, Cyprus and the British Virgin Islands" [Bloomberg 30 April 2013].

It's very disputed and it'd be very difficult to find any solid evidence, but from what I understand he does. From the recent court proceedings it seems that the shares get passed around between companies a lot.

He has Millhouse Capital in the UK, Millhouse LLC in Russia, Electus Investments in Cyprus, Aristus Holdings in Cyprus, Lanebrook in Cyprus, Ervington Investments in Cyprus, Crispian Investments in Cyprus and many more

Thanks again.

His wealth should be fine, he's still worth enough money. This is just a consequence of a very volatile exchange rate, because of sanctions against Russia. In the long-term, this should level out for his wealth to increase again. In terms of how much he still has, I don't think he'll be worried yet.

• 2 months later...