Roman Abramovich Thread

12 hours ago, laura90 said:

Roman was the most dedicated owner who loved this club and gave it all for club, from his money to unconditional support. That aspect of Roman's ownership we will never be able able to replace. But he had another side of his ownership that we are eager to replace. His inability to chose the right people to run the club. Knowable, professional,  independent football experts who would make decisions in accordance with all aspects of the club and decisions from the past. It was always ad hoc at Chelsea, rare are decisions and actions that were products from long term planning. Maybe only academy. But something went wrong even there, having in mind how many of academy graduates wanted out asap.

Back to the topic, seeing how easy it was for City and Lfc to find those type of people, I often wondered what stopped Roman from finding these kind of professionals? Was it that he couldn't find experts? There are so many advisors even though a person doesn't have knowledge or connections it can all be arranged with money, he didn't lack or hesitate to invest.

What was it then?  I reckon he was the kind of owner who always wanted his pals and yes man at the helm of this club. Not independent football experts but people who were close to him and who would listen to him . Of course we had some experts on the board, players we had and titles we have won are proof, but they were not good enough or their influence wasn't big enough.

As time have passed this bad side of ownership have prevailed in regards to decision making and results on the pitch. We are on downward trajectory. 

It is catastrophic that last year we were going to be  left without defense and midfield the next to seasons and we go and splash 185 millions on striker without getting any defender or midfielder. It was travesty that only uncapable and  ignorant people could do. It will cots this club dearly.

Instead of getting two - three players last year and getting two - three players this year we now have to get at least five players to compete. In world cup year. With new owners.  It may cost us our top four status. It may cost us our manager.

I would like Roman to reduce his asking price and have at least 200 million transfer kitty among his conditions for the new owner. He should have in mind the state of the squad while making decisions during sale process. 

Yeah, there were quite a few incompetents (resulting in Bakayoko, Morata, Pato ...).
But also I reckon R.A. was a big money spender during the first decade. From 2010 to this day not so much really.

6 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Yeah, there were quite a few incompetents (resulting in Bakayoko, Morata, Pato ...).
But also I reckon R.A. was a big money spender during the first decade. From 2010 to this day not so much really.

Remember when we had the  Russian Ronaldinho and the German Messi?

16 hours ago, King Kante said:

Bohely has to be the one now, the other two are far too complicated with the principal financiers being involved with other clubs. 

They were the first, and most of us think the best, from the beginning

I was disappointed the Kuwaitis never even made a bid

and the Centricus consortium was interesting, as it was all (and a shedload backing it) London money, all the principals were lifelong Chels fans and season ticket holders

the Candy group too was interesting

but neither made the cut

so I am 100% all in on Boehly 

Edited by Vesper

oh, ffs, I cannot believe I missed this 🥴

I now know why the spuds fan Jonathan Goldstein was always in the Boehly bid (which cost them Nick Candy coming on board)

Cain International

Cain International was co-founded by Jonathan Goldstein and Todd Boehly in 2014

Parent Firm:   Eldridge Industries (Boehly's firm)

and they are a direct competitor with Candy in ultra luxury property development

lol

Edited by Vesper

12 minutes ago, Vesper said:

oh, ffs, I cannot believe I missed this 🥴

I now know why the spuds fan Jonathan Goldstein was always in the Boehly bid (which cost them Nick Candy coming on board)

Cain International

Cain International was co-founded by Jonathan Goldstein and Todd Boehly in 2014

Parent Firm:   Eldridge Industries (Boehly's firm)

and they are a direct competitor with Candy in ultra luxury property development

lol

there are always reasons why seemingly rando people from across the planet come together in these things

now I feel better

and the combined total money backing the Boehly group (not that all can be used, nor does it need to be, of course)

is over £70 BILLION

so zero money worries

Edited by Vesper

This news seems a bit strange because the way it's worded seems to be that the commitment is £2.5bn for the club and £1 - 1.5bn for future investment, which seems to have been reported as the likely figure for a while now. So I wouldn't be surprised if this is less about moving the goalposts on the price and more to do with how the deal is being structured.