Yaya Toure

He is, and comfortably.

Look at last game just for reference. When the game was there for them, it was Toure constantly leading the charge back. He had like 5 shots on goal with the score 2-1, and you could almost say he was unlucky not to get a damn hattrick. I'm not even sure how they lost their last game given the game he had.

That's one game. Look at the win at Everton when Silva, Kolarov and even Sterling out-performed Toure by a mile. Over the season so far, Yaya has had maybe two or three outstanding games, but is it any wonder that their first PL loss of the season came when Silva was out of the team?

That's just my opinion though.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's one game. Look at the win at Everton when Silva, Kolarov and even Sterling out-performed Toure by a mile. Over the season so far, Yaya has had maybe two or three outstanding games, but is it any wonder that their first PL loss of the season came when Silva was out of the team?

That's just my opinion though.

silva without a doubt is city's most important player (not aguero or yaya).

but to use the whu game for that is very unfair. city did not deserve to lose it.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd still take him for a single season without question. You know he'd be motivated as hell if City think he's not good enough to keep.

Still utterly unplayable when he's bothered.

14 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'd still take him for a single season without question. You know he'd be motivated as hell if City think he's not good enough to keep.

Still utterly unplayable when he's bothered.

This is the problem. We're going to be his last 'big' move before he fucks off into the wilderness of China or MLS and it means we'll pay his astronomical wages. What's the point if we know he's unlikely to be bothered over the pettiest issues? We've already got a squad full of heartless fucks, adding Yaya would do more harm than good.

11 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

This is the problem. We're going to be his last 'big' move before he fucks off into the wilderness of China or MLS and it means we'll pay his astronomical wages. What's the point if we know he's unlikely to be bothered over the pettiest issues? We've already got a squad full of heartless fucks, adding Yaya would do more harm than good.

Yaya for a season and fuck Oscar off for a nice sum and I don't see how we'd be worse.

53 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Yaya for a season and fuck Oscar off for a nice sum and I don't see how we'd be worse.

What's the point for a season? I get he's experienced and explosive but this season has shown exactly what happens when players don't give a fuck. Yaya's the type to think he's above the club any personnel. Foh with that attitude, it's boring and do we really want more drama? 

48 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

What's the point for a season? I get he's experienced and explosive but this season has shown exactly what happens when players don't give a fuck. Yaya's the type to think he's above the club any personnel. Foh with that attitude, it's boring and do we really want more drama? 

Again, I think Man City telling them they don't want him will motivate him to stick it to them. What better way to do that than lighting it up at a direct rival? Yaya at 60% of his best is better than anything we've ever seen from Oscar at his best.

I don't think he'd cause any problems. Same kind of issues as Zlatan. Yes, he's older and may say something silly in the media every now and then, but as a short term rental for a club desperate to get back into the CL places I'd have them both in a second. They're basically "can't fail" players in my eyes.

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Again, I think Man City telling them they don't want him will motivate him to stick it to them. What better way to do that than lighting it up at a direct rival? Yaya at 60% of his best is better than anything we've ever seen from Oscar at his best.

I don't think he'd cause any problems. Same kind of issues as Zlatan. Yes, he's older and may say something silly in the media every now and then, but as a short term rental for a club desperate to get back into the CL places I'd have them both in a second. They're basically "can't fail" players in my eyes.

Hm, I'm not sure. Yes, Yaya is a better footballer than Oscar but that's not the point. If this is our 'transition' season, what need is there for people like Yaya and Zlatan if they're only sticking around for one year to take us for a ride? 

If it's the case that we can attract young effective talent then I see your point, especially if Terry's leaving us this season as predicated. But I think this would be a signing for the sake of making a signing, not necessary. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You