Liverpool vs Chelsea

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would we want to limit ourselves to only qualifying through the CL final. We have to give ourselves the opportunity to qualify through the PL. That's suicide otherwise. Mata needs to play.

Why would we want to limit ourselves to only qualifying through the CL final. We have to give ourselves the opportunity to qualify through the PL. That's suicide otherwise. Mata needs to play.

It's not in our hands, we have as much a chance of finishing fourth as Utd have of winning the tittle.

It's not in our hands, we have as much a chance of finishing fourth as Utd have of winning the tittle.

No it's not in our hands, but last week we said the same thing to ourselves. Had we ended up beating Newcastle, we'd be in position to take over THIRD PLACE TODAY! Newcastle and Tottenham are both capable of dropping points vs Fulham and Everton.

I fear that 'pool will be looking for "revenge" and will be up for it while we will have problems with concentration after and before big finals. I just don't want to lose to the scum :( a draw would be passable.

No it's not in our hands, but last week we said the same thing to ourselves. Had we ended up beating Newcastle, we'd be in position to take over THIRD PLACE TODAY! Newcastle and Tottenham are both capable of dropping points vs Fulham and Everton.

If you take a look into the newcastle pre-match thread you'll see that we were all saying that we needed to win that game to make fourth place. But the subs in the starting eleven that Robbie made were excusable because we had an FA cup final in a few days and liverpool had already rested key players and had one more to rest than us.

Not sure why we're worried about Ribery tbh. Bos' monobrow ought to be more than enough to keep him quiet. Cole vs Robben on the other wing, that'll be a great battle.

Bosingwa couldnt keep Bellamy and Downing quiet. What makes you think he has any chance against Ribery?

Bosingwa couldnt keep Bellamy and Downing quiet. What makes you think he has any chance against Ribery?

Well I think Bosingwa played well until goal, when he should cleared ball out better.

Well I think Bosingwa played well until goal, when he should cleared ball out better.

I dont agree, I think he looked vulnerable and had Liverpool played any better he would have lost it completely. He seems to play better at left back and centre back lol.

That lineup looks decent except not quite liking Mata & Lampard starting.

the thing is without mata and lampard we are shyte. we play like v did vs newcastle because mata is the hub of the team and lampard is another good passer and with a team of so many athletic runners, - ramires, torres, sturridge - we need a genuine passer to pick the pass. otherwise, its just cech to terry to reina

the thing is without mata and lampard we are shyte. we play like v did vs newcastle because mata is the hub of the team and lampard is another good passer and with a team of so many athletic runners, - ramires, torres, sturridge - we need a genuine passer to pick the pass. otherwise, its just cech to terry to reina

Yep, they are genuinely our only two creative players, maybe also Meireles to an extent, but not quite. If neither of them plays, then playing Drogba is a must so we could simply hoof it.