Spike

10 Years ago RIP Joe

This is my favourite Clash song.

Great tune with fantastic lyrics including one of my favourite all-time lines..."but I believe in this and it's been tested by research/he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

This is my favourite Clash song.

Great tune with fantastic lyrics including one of my favourite all-time lines..."but I believe in this and it's been tested by research/he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

I could go on all day.

I believe Mick Jones was also a Chelsea fan. I remember him talking about pestering Osgood for an autograph one day.

Morrissey on the death of the nurse:

Morrissey last night sensationally claimed the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge did not care about the death of her hospital nurse found dead after being tricked by two DJs in the hoax call scandal.

The 53-year-old singer, whose hatred of the British monarchy is well known, claimed Kate ‘feels no shame about the death of this poor woman’ after Jacintha Saldanha, 46, was found dead last Friday.

Morrissey blasted the ‘dictatorship’ royal family for its ‘absolutely staggering’ arrogance and claimed he was ‘sure’ that Clarence House had ‘put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse’

Kate, 30, has not spoken out directly about the mother-of-two’s death after the hoax call by Mel Greig and Michael Christian of 2Day FM in Australia, but Clarence House issued a statement last week.

A spokesman said last Friday that the Duke and Duchess were ‘deeply saddened’ to learn of Ms Saldanha’s death - and their ‘thoughts and prayers’ were with her family, friends and colleagues.

But Morrissey told 3News: ‘There’s no blame placed on Kate Middleton, who was in the hospital as far as I could see for absolutely no reason. She feels no shame about the death of this woman.

‘She’s saying nothing about the death of this poor woman,’ he told the New Zealand TV station. ‘The arrogance of the British royals is absolutely staggering. Why it’s allowed to be I really don’t know.

‘I’m sure the Palace and Clarence House put maximum pressure on this poor receptionist and nurse, and of course that’s kept away from the press. By this time next week, she’ll be forgotten.’

He claimed that Miss Greig, 30, and Mr Christian, 25, are scapegoats to distract away from the royal family and said: ‘It wasn’t because of two DJs in Australia that this woman took her own life.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2246995/Morrissey-Anti-monarchist-blames-Duchess-Cambridge-death-hoax-nurse-Jacintha-Saldanha.html

Mr Morrissey is speaking my language

It's funny how everyone other than Saldanha herself is being blamed for her death. The fact that she was a "mother-of-two" shouldn't be a reason to sympathize with her. Call me rude, but it was an irresponsible, stupid and selfish decision by her, the mother-of-two, to end her life over something like that when she had a family to take care of. No one other than the nurse herself should be blamed for her unpredictable action, and people should stop giving this story and people involved in it any more attention because that will only scar those who are involved, especially the two DJ's, even further. I can totally understand Kate Middleton's decision to not further engage herself in the issue. Had she made any remark on Saldanha's death, it would have been one for the sake of formality, one devoid of any meaning, but it would have inevitably brought her and others further unnecessary attention.

The nurse had tried to kill herself twice before

''The nurse who committed suicide after answering a hoax phone call about the Duchess of Cambridge made two attempts to kill herself last winter and had been prescribed antidepressants.

Jacintha Saldanha, who took her own life days after the call from Australian DJs pretending to be the Queen and Prince Charles, attempted to commit suicide last December with an overdose of pills during a family visit to India.

She survived after being rushed to hospital but tried to commit suicide again just nine days later by apparently jumping from a building.

Ms Saldanha, 46, spent several days in intensive care before receiving psychiatric treatment and being prescribed a course of powerful antidepressants for nine months''

SO WHAT KIND OF FUCKING SUPPORT WAS THE HOSPITAL GIVING SUCH A VULNERABLE WOMAN???

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know whether you noticed it, probably not, but for the first time in the history, a new president of the Czech Republic will be elected by us people. We will go and vote for one. Until now, only the politicians could decide who will the new president be. There are currently 9 candidates standing for the election, the voting starts next week. And here is one of the candidates, apparently having some chance of succeeding.

JJ4506b5_150553_14705191.jpg?v=4

I just can't imagine him being a president. What would other countries think of the republic, of us... I am not saying he is not smart, I do not want to write him off just because of his look. But a president should and does represent the country abroad and this would not work I am afraid...

I don't know whether you noticed it, probably not, but for the first time in the history, a new president of the Czech Republic will be elected by us people. We will go and vote for one. Until now, only the politicians could decide who will the new president be. There are currently 9 candidates standing for the election, the voting starts next week. And here is one of the candidates, apparently having some chance of succeeding.

JJ4506b5_150553_14705191.jpg?v=4

I just can't imagine him being a president. What would other countries think of the republic, of us... I am not saying he is not smart, I do not want to write him off just because of his look. But a president should and does represent the country abroad and this would not work I am afraid...

I am guessing he has interesting policy on drugs

i think he'd be judged on his looks alone quite frequently, that is human nature. (Unfortunately). I am not sure his intelligence would ever be considered after they judged his appearance, most politicians have to "look the part" from what I have seen.

i think he'd be judged on his looks alone quite frequently, that is human nature. (Unfortunately). I am not sure his intelligence would ever be considered after they judged his appearance, most politicians have to "look the part" from what I have seen.

Judging a politician on his appearances is actually an enhancement on what we have here in the Arab world. Here, what is takes to be a politician is for your father to be one too. The constructional texts may have changed, but we are still living in the feudal ages here.

Judging a politician on his appearances is actually an enhancement on what we have here in the Arab world. Here, what is takes to be a politician is for your father to be one too. The constructional texts may have changed, but we are still living in the feudal ages here.

It's not that different anywhere else. (It's a little different, but not much). In the US, something like 50% of congress are millionaires and people are supposed to believe that they have the good of the people at heart. I'd love to see a congress of 50% homeless people and see what sort of laws they enact.

This is my favourite quote of all time which just gets to the heart of so much injustice and how it gets institutionalized. Truly brilliant... from Anatole France-"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich and the poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

It's not that different anywhere else. (It's a little different, but not much). In the US, something like 50% of congress are millionaires and people are supposed to believe that they have the good of the people at heart. I'd love to see a congress of 50% homeless people and see what sort of laws they enact.

This is my favourite quote of all time which just gets to the heart of so much injustice and how it gets institutionalized. Truly brilliant... from Anatole France-"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich and the poor alike to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

The thing is mate, and it's hard to explain it unless you live here, the people (most of them) have some sort of loyalty to the people in charge for various reasons. Here it's because the people in charge are the sect leaders. In other places it's just because they are in charge and they are taught to admire their leaders regardless. It's like they are happy to be the peasants and serve the kings.

Btw, that is a brilliant quote!

That is because it cost so much to run a campaign. Gone are the days when a candidate stood for something or went door to door to meet the common man. It is all about advertising and how much air time you can buy. :( And yes a good portion of our politicians are from families of politicians… makes you wonder how far we've moved from the days of the ruling classes…. not as far as we'd like to believe.

What the fucking fuck is this?

"The hacker group Anonymous has turned a local rape controversy into something much larger after leaking the personal records of 50,000 Ohio residents. The group is demanding justice for what they're calling a conspiracy to cover up one teenage girl's possible sexual assault."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/the-definitive-timeline-of-the-steubenville-rape-s

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/05/steubenville-rape-protests_n_2416820.html

So a sixteen year old girl is raped by footballers and the town covers it up because they are good at sports?

Fuck that. Put those arseholes in jail for life.