Spike

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So Trump being nominated as the best Republican candidate, does this demonstrate a new low in politics ? #fuckingidiots

Demonstrates what happen when there isn't checks and balances within a party.

A train wreck like him could never happen on the democrat side again due to super delegates. He stands no chance in hell of winning a GE, and pretty much has given the democrats the presidency once again in November.

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

So Trump being nominated as the best Republican candidate, does this demonstrate a new low in politics ? #fuckingidiots

No as it's the people that are choosing him. 

So the republican people voting for him want him. 

But there's a problem, in a republican primaries most of the time only republican can vote to elect a republican nominee. So it exclude a lot of people that are not republicans. 

In the general election anyone can vote and we will see what is the reality of everything. What the people think and want. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

No as it's the people that are choosing him. 

So the republican people voting for him want him. 

But there's a problem, in a republican primaries most of the time only republican can vote to elect a republican nominee. So it exclude a lot of people that are not republicans. 

In the general election anyone can vote and we will see what is the reality of everything. What the people think and want. 

Yes I graduated in politics so am aware that it is the Republican voters that have nominated him ;)

Its just staggering that someone who is racist, sexist, with limited intelligence has been elected to represent a major party, and potentially have his finger on the nuclear button should he attain the White House. I dont believe its just the usual knuckle dragging redneck creationist fuckwits that have voted him in, there is something going on akin to a backlash to the old order of things.

A straight fight between Hillareee and the man who at best, looks like a plughole after an Orang Utan has had a shower, will leave Hillareee as President . She will sweep the ethnic vote, as Trump has shown his true colours and hardly endeared himself by labelling most Mexicans as drug dealers and rapists. His company has been sued for not renting to black people, and he has trashed native Americans, and questioned Obamas nationality. he has also championed a mob that beat up a homeless Latino man -the list goes on and on...

@cosmicway

your views and thoughts on this story.

Eurozone in CRISIS: Greece set to default AGAIN and Italy panics over £270BN of bad loans

DEFIANT Greece has again turned down creditor demands, taking the country a step closer to another default crisis and subsequently crashing out of the eurozone.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/667430/Greece-default-AGAIN-Italy-panics-over-bad-loans

On 5/1/2016 at 10:22 AM, Fulham Broadway said:

The media are using 'anti semitism' to mess up Labour and Corbyn in particular. They are deliberately conflating anti -semitism with Zionism hoping to reach the point whereby if you criticise Israel youre being 'anti-semitic '.

Similar to in the US. If you don't support Israel, you're a terrorist-supporting anti-semite that's also unamerican.

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

Similar to in the US. If you don't support Israel, you're a terrorist-supporting anti-semite that's also unamerican.

But Israel is the only democracy in the middle east.

Why wouldn't a western nation support it?

Why would you support someone like say Iran that has vocally said they want to destroy you....

6 hours ago, KevinAshburner said:

@cosmicway

your views and thoughts on this story.

Eurozone in CRISIS: Greece set to default AGAIN and Italy panics over £270BN of bad loans

DEFIANT Greece has again turned down creditor demands, taking the country a step closer to another default crisis and subsequently crashing out of the eurozone.

http://www.express.co.uk/finance/city/667430/Greece-default-AGAIN-Italy-panics-over-bad-loans

The Greek government is a bunch of useless leftists.
At this time all efforts to manage the Greek crisis have been abandoned and the lenders negotiate on the basis of "let's grab what we can".
The government of mr. Tsipras is the exact analogue of the Kapo administration of the Warsaw ghetto.
They are useless, incompetent, good for nothing as well as fascist.

Right now I 'm unempolyed.
The reason ?
Electronic surveiilance.
If I attempt to do my job as web developer I will be caught and asked to pay fines and taxes twice as much as I earn.
An accountant worked that out for me just a week ago.
When I say to them "but ... as unemployed I will pay nothing - you lose", they reply "we are applying objective taxation",  "in reality you are rich and you hide millions in your mattress" and also that "in the new glorious marxist state you can only work for the government - or you don't work at all".
But can I work for the state ? I 'm not in the party's good books -nor do I intend to be. Also I 'm suffering from Menier syndrome and my mobility is limited.
This then is the "great turn towards the left" and the "salvation of mankind from the capitalist chains".
Of course I knew about them from the word go and I knew these things I describe were going to happen. Other suckers may have believed Tsipras.

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

But Israel is the only democracy in the middle east.

Why wouldn't a western nation support it?

Why would you support someone like say Iran that has vocally said they want to destroy you....

That's why the US supports Israel, but I don't personally support any country in the conflict. It's tribalism, simple as. Both Israel and Palestine have done horrible things during this conflict, and I'm not going to stand by one or the other just because my country supports one.

To clarify, I'm not talking about politicians like Ken Livingstone. I'm talking about a regular person. Of course politicians in western countries will support Israel, as they have a common "enemy".  

5 hours ago, kmk108 said:

That's why the US supports Israel, but I don't personally support any country in the conflict. It's tribalism, simple as. Both Israel and Palestine have done horrible things during this conflict, and I'm not going to stand by one or the other just because my country supports one.

To clarify, I'm not talking about politicians like Ken Livingstone. I'm talking about a regular person. Of course politicians in western countries will support Israel, as they have a common "enemy".  

Yeah pretty much. But I do have to say that the support is not as strong as before. Otherwise they wouldn't have done the Iranian deal. 

Which to be fair I'm still perplexed at that. 

When will this nonsense talking point about Israel being a democracy go away. There are literally millions of people that Israel controls either through military in Gaza or government in the West Bank who have zero say in who controls their future.

Heck, even Lebanon is more democratic than Israel :lol: I mean, sure, we now have a couple of million Syrian refugees who have no say in government but at least we don't massacre them whenever the heck we feel like it just to make a political point. We don't have segregated roads and check points for them, we don't detain Syrian minors, we don't force them to go through military courts...etc.

8 hours ago, kmk108 said:

Mate, that's like saying that the native Americans and the European colonizers were equally brutal. Equating the oppressor with the oppressed is siding with the oppressor.

Anyway, on the US elections, it's now an inevitable Hillary presidency, which was the worst possible option, imo. She'll get the backing of the GOP establishment (because she's basically a neocon) and win by a land slide against Trump. And then a few more hundred thousand people die in the middle east...

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

When will this nonsense talking point about Israel being a democracy go away. There are literally millions of people that Israel controls either through military in Gaza or government in the West Bank who have zero say in who controls their future.

Heck, even Lebanon is more democratic than Israel :lol: I mean, sure, we now have a couple of million Syrian refugees who have no say in government but at least we don't massacre them whenever the heck we feel like it just to make a political point. We don't have segregated roads and check points for them, we don't detain Syrian minors, we don't force them to go through military courts...etc.

Mate, that's like saying that the native Americans and the European colonizers were equally brutal. Equating the oppressor with the oppressed is siding with the oppressor.

Anyway, on the US elections, it's now an inevitable Hillary presidency, which was the worst possible option, imo. She'll get the backing of the GOP establishment (because she's basically a neocon) and win by a land slide against Trump. And then a few more hundred thousand people die in the middle east...

Yes but in other countries like Iran it's totally worse. 

There's no freedom over there especially freedom of religion. You have to be Muslim and that's that. Christian get persecuted. 

As to per the disjointed standards between people I wonder if that is because of tensions? 

It's like for example in the temple mount a jew is not able to go to pray. Otherwise some riot will brake out.... 

I think problem with Israel is that they are too nice. 

When they won the six day war they had total control of Jerusalem but they trying to be nice to the Muslim gave the temple mount to Muslim control.....

I'm like hello you won the war your land now.

That's has always been the rules of war as far as I can remember. You wind land by being the winner in the war.

Then Israel wants to be even more nice in giving land away. Like giving the west bank.

So this has been the major problem for me with Israel. They try to be too nice and in the process screw everything up.

And of course USA does this same thing.  Goes to war with a country and tries to establish a democracy which creates more problems and hate..... 

2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yes but in other countries like Iran it's totally worse. 

There's no freedom over there especially freedom of religion. You have to be Muslim and that's that. Christian get persecuted. 

As to per the disjointed standards between people I wonder if that is because of tensions? 

It's like for example in the temple mount at jew is not able to go to pray. Otherwise some riot will brake out.... 

That's actually just wrong about Iran. They don't have a real democracy, true, but they do have a sort of quasi-democracy. Iranians do vote and have fair elections and their votes make a genuine difference, but the system is a way such that some of the major decisions are still taken by the Ayatollah without any accountability to the people.

That's not to defend of course the Iranian 'democracy', but saying that they don't have a democracy at all is just factually wrong. Their human rights record is one of the worst on the planet as well, but again, saying that there is no freedom there is just inaccurate. 

The part about religious freedom in particular is just baseless. While the vast majority of the citizens are Shia muslims, Iran does have scores of other religious minorities living there including Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians....etc. and to my knowledge they all have full rights and representation. 

Of course the situation might not be ideal, as is the case for minorities almost anywhere, but certainly minorities such as Jews in Iran have A LOT more freedom and rights in Iran than most Palestinians have in Israel, be it Muslims or Christian. 

3 minutes ago, Fernando said:

I think problem with Israel is that they are too nice. 

When they won the six day war they had total control of Jerusalem but they trying to be nice to the Muslim gave the temple mount to Muslim control.....

I'm like hello you won the war your land now.

That's has always been the rules of war as far as I can remember. You wind land by being the winner in the war.

Then Israel wants to be even more nice in giving land away. Like giving the west bank.

So this has been the major problem for me with Israel. They try to be too nice and in the process screw everything up.

And of course USA does this same thing.  Goes to war with a country and tries to establish a democracy which creates more problems and hate..... 

Yeah, that's the problem! :lol: Got absolutely nothing to do with colonialism, occupation  and massacres against the natives for political and economic gains... 

18 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Yeah, that's the problem! :lol: Got absolutely nothing to do with colonialism, occupation  and massacres against the natives for political and economic gains... 

Well your a student of history I presume. 

How did Mohammed took power? By his words or sword? How did the Ottoman took power? By their words or sword? 

And how did they lost power? 

By their words or the sword? 

So as you can see that has been the way all these empire took and lost control of land. 

USA and Israel on the other hand they are too nice and instead of completely owning everything as Ottoman Empire did they try to give back to the local in order to apiece. And that as you see with Iraq creates more problems. 

Now if it was say China that came to war with say Iran they would be merciless. Totally annihilate and declare that it's China territory. 

16 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

That's actually just wrong about Iran. They don't have a real democracy, true, but they do have a sort of quasi-democracy. Iranians do vote and have fair elections and their votes make a genuine difference, but the system is a way such that some of the major decisions are still taken by the Ayatollah without any accountability to the people.

That's not to defend of course the Iranian 'democracy', but saying that they don't have a democracy at all is just factually wrong. Their human rights record is one of the worst on the planet as well, but again, saying that there is no freedom there is just inaccurate. 

The part about religious freedom in particular is just baseless. While the vast majority of the citizens are Shia muslims, Iran does have scores of other religious minorities living there including Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians....etc. and to my knowledge they all have full rights and representation. 

Of course the situation might not be ideal, as is the case for minorities almost anywhere, but certainly minorities such as Jews in Iran have A LOT more freedom and rights in Iran than most Palestinians have in Israel, be it Muslims or Christian. 

Your knowledge should do some checking. Cause as far as I know a Christian can live better in Israel then Iran. 

In Iran they have to be underground. And if a Muslim converts to Christianity it's a major problem.