Spike

I thought there was a chance this might happen and it looks like Trump is going to attack Hillary from the left in the general elections. That's actually a smart move.

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

This sounds like the most absurd thing ever to me:

Lift up sanctions but imposed some new ones? What kind of shenanigans is this? 

US made a choice to end the sanctions on Iran for the nuclear program for the same reason they decided to end the sanctions on Cuba: to end their political isolation in the continent and the world. 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, CHOULO19 said:

Tbf, as long as it wasn't Galloway :lol: 

Well Galloway would be better than Goldsmith - but having alienated himself from most of the electorate,  he would only muster the muslim vote nowadays.

Whatever, people may think of him, in my view the best political oration ever, was Galloway in front of the US Senate

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Well Galloway would be better than Goldsmith - but having alienated himself from most of the electorate,  he would only muster the muslim vote nowadays.

Whatever, people may think of him, in my view the best political oration ever, was Galloway in front of the US Senate

Yeah, that was pretty epic. But he's also made some incredibly stupid comments in his time such as his incredibly misogynist crap. He's also come off as blatantly pro-dictator ship in the middle east in the past few years.

But he is a 'rare' politician, capable of sometimes speaking truth that no other politician dares to say in public. 

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Yeah, that was pretty epic. But he's also made some incredibly stupid comments in his time such as his incredibly misogynist crap. He's also come off as blatantly pro-dictator ship in the middle east in the past few years.

But he is a 'rare' politician, capable of sometimes speaking truth that no other politician dares to say in public. 

Not really a fan, but hes constantly smeared and stitched up because his perception of macro -politics cuts through all the lies and hypocrisy.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not really a fan, but hes constantly smeared and stitched up because his perception of macro -politics cuts through all the lies and hypocrisy.

That and for stuff like saying that Assange (allegedly) raping a sleeping woman is a matter of 'sexual etiquette' :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-19323783

Tbf, one of the main reasons I don't like Galloway is that he is absolutely loved here in Lebanon and I usually have issues with the general public opinion :P

3 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

That and for stuff like saying that Assange (allegedly) raping a sleeping woman is a matter of 'sexual etiquette' :lol:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-19323783

Tbf, one of the main reasons I don't like Galloway is that he is absolutely loved here in Lebanon and I usually have issues with the general public opinion :P

Fair dos. Yes loved by by most muslims and the arab world because of his defence of the Palestinians.

The misogyny is regularly dragged up, though it was said in more of a defence of unproven allegations against Assange rather than endorsing sexual assault.  He was married to a Palestinian,  perhaps she didn't mind him poking her when she was having a kip, :D

On 2016-05-07 at 7:43 AM, Fernando said:

I'm giving you but you don't want to see. Oh well. 

But I still don't see what you talking about Christian in Israel. As I see many Christians go to Israel without many problems.

i'm a Christian who's been to Israel on several occasions and I can honestly say I have never, ever face any sort of problems, even wearing my cross necklace over my shirt at all times. Muslims, Jews, Christians all cohabit peacefully with no issues whatsoever (except of course the issues at the temple mount and the terror flare ups, I'm talking day-to-day life).

As to Iran persecuting Christians, there is a long history of this since 1979, it's really bad and it has not really gotten any better, to compare it to the situation of Christians in Israel is laughable beyond belief:

Christians in Parliament APPG and the APPG for International Freedom of Religion or Belief joint report on the persecution of Christians in Iran

Gatestone Institute Report

NY Post

Iran Human Rights .org

As to NY Times, Washington Post or the Guardian covering Christian persectuion in any sort of serious matter, LOL. We have a better chance of seeing pigs fly

and regarding the certified nutcase that is george galloway, i'll just leave this here:

the list of positions, actions, statements and views this guy has that are beyond repulsive is way too long to list but this youtube channel does a good job chronicling his almost daily fails, embarassments, lies, contradictions and just plain fabrications:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GallowayWatch/videos

Not a major fan of Galloway, but the corporate media has always attacked him because he speaks the truth, and his representation of the poor and dispossessed has been a bedrock of his policies, such as his constituents and the Palestinians.

Jesus would have approved, and certainly wouldn't have called him 'beyond repulsive' or a 'certified nutcase'. Very Christian.

PA PM: We're following the path of the Nazi Mufti

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/212102#.Vz2lbfkrKUk

Just like Bible prophecy predicts, the peace plan will be enforce and Palestine will become a nation. But halfway to that 7 year peace plan it will be broken and the leader will attempt to wipe out Israel. 

Prophecy that was written over 2,000 years ago is in the process of coming true in our lifetime. 

9 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Not a major fan of Galloway, but the corporate media has always attacked him because he speaks the truth, and his representation of the poor and dispossessed has been a bedrock of his policies, such as his constituents and the Palestinians.

Jesus would have approved, and certainly wouldn't have called him 'beyond repulsive' or a 'certified nutcase'. Very Christian.

Jesus would have approved of a self obsessed serial liar who openly flirts and compliments the world's worst dictators in the world? someone who has been caught lying, making up info and smearing individuals based on nothing? The bible says "do not favour the poor, simply because they are poor", being poor is not a virtue in itself. Sure we should help them whenever we can but turning their economic situation into an excuse for lying and propaganda, as galloway routinely does with the palestinians, is not Christ-like.

And calling a spade a spade is not a sin, calling someone beyond repulsive, if their behavior fits that bill isn't a sin either. Jesus would not have used the same words I did but he never shied away from telling the truth and exposing those who lie, manipulate and bear false witness as galloway does. As to "certified nutcase", that is also borne out of his very unstable behavior and absolutely ridiculous statements and actions, maybe I should have said "probably insane" though..

8 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

Jesus would have approved of a self obsessed serial liar who openly flirts and compliments the world's worst dictators in the world? someone who has been caught lying, making up info and smearing individuals based on nothing? The bible says "do not favour the poor, simply because they are poor", being poor is not a virtue in itself. Sure we should help them whenever we can but turning their economic situation into an excuse for lying and propaganda, as galloway routinely does with the palestinians, is not Christ-like.

And calling a spade a spade is not a sin, calling someone beyond repulsive, if their behavior fits that bill isn't a sin either. Jesus would not have used the same words I did but he never shied away from telling the truth and exposing those who lie, manipulate and bear false witness as galloway does. As to "certified nutcase", that is also borne out of his very unstable behavior and absolutely ridiculous statements and actions, maybe I should have said "probably insane" though..

Not sure he is a serial liar -well definitely no more than any other politician. And I think the Saddam thing has been done to death. It is widely acknowledged that he was addressing the Iraqi people, and was in favour of ousting the Iraqi regime when US politicians, such as Donald Rumsfeld and Madeleine Albright were cosying up to Saddam and regularly selling him weapons.

Of course being poor is not a virtue, and the bible saying do not favour them just because they are poor sounds very disingenuous. On him being 'repulsive' -to me he is more palatable than most politicians -such as the ones who imposed sanctions on Iraq resulting in a genocide of the Iraqi people, over

1 000 000 deaths -mostly children, the architects of which were Republican 'christians'.

@Stingray

this is for you. important news for you. do you have anymore details to this story.

Belgium Issues Iodine Pills to All Citizens in Nuclear Emergency Plan

by ALASTAIR JAMIESON

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/belgium-issues-iodine-pills-all-citizens-nuclear-emergency-plan-n564606

Belgium Issues Iodine Pills "Expecting Nuclear Attack"

Belgium has just issued "Iodine Pills" for all it's 11 million citizens as the growing concern of a Nuclear Attack of a "Dirty Bomb" is now expected.

Hey mate, this is no Joke. We indeed get those pils and it is a laugh. The belgian nucleair plants have faults. Cracks als well as inferior material. This is not conspriracy, it is established by FANC, our nuclear control agency. Germany is suing us, so is Luxemburg. Unfortunately we have a right wing gouvernement that thinks all is ok.

We have seen that during the terrorist attacks. Ps: i was in them so the fact nobody reacted was cringeworgthy.

1 minute ago, Stingray said:

Hey mate, this is no Joke. We indeed get those pils and it is a laugh. The belgian nucleair plants have faults. Cracks als well as inferior material. This is not conspriracy, it is established by FANC, our nuclear control agency. Germany is suing us, so is Luxemburg. Unfortunately we have a right wing gouvernement that thinks all is ok.

We have seen that during the terrorist attacks. Ps: i was in them so the fact nobody reacted was cringeworgthy.

Is Belgian nationalism on the rise? Commonly these sort of movements occur due to an influx of immigrants that threaten a culture.

Personally, I'm an advocate of  cultural assimilation. Being an immigrant myself I have first hand experience of this. I don't try to change the way the USA is but I also conform to their norms and whatnot. Of course I keep my own cultural identity but I don't force it upon others, I came here, it's my job to fit in, not the country to fit around me.

1 hour ago, oldportblue said:

I'm no fan of Galloway as I've already said, but he's probably the least pro-dictatorship among English and American politicians. No other politicians even dares criticize the dictatorships of the gulf the way he does.

46 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm no fan of Galloway as I've already said, but he's probably the least pro-dictatorship among English and American politicians. No other politicians even dares criticize the dictatorships of the gulf the way he does.

Probably because the others are playing economic chess - eg  ''I'll ignore your public executions, the fact that it was your citizens that flew those planes into the World Trade Centre, and the way you treat women, as I'm doing a trillion dollar arms deal with you'' :D

Galloway has a large ego, but primarily gets vilified due to his attacks on the hypocritical Murdoch owned corporate lying media, which in turn portrays him as a nutcase.

tbf just videos of him talking with no editing often do the job pretty well in terms of portraying him as unstable and often times incoherent (as can be seen on the youtube account I posted on the previous page). My views of him are formed entirely by what I have heard him say, not by what media portrays him as.

I agree that all politicians lie but some of galloway's are so flagrant that they are hard to ignore and as a result for me, it's impossible to take him seriously... Without mentioning the baseless claims he often makes (again can be seen on that youtube account)