Spike

13 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

''he wasn’t very religious and worked out at the gym often. She said in the few months they were married, ''

That's often the pattern with these nutters.

Schizophrenic approach to Islam, Alcohol, womanising, smoking crack etc and then as if to ''atone'' for their sins they go all ''radical'' as if to make up for it. Believe me I've seen a few swing from one extreme to another.

And obviously the best thing to do is sell them assault riffles... 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

And obviously the best thing to do is sell them assault riffles... 

50 bullets in the first 20 seconds -its mad isn't it ? Yet the NRA will doubtless say its the person that bears full responsibility.

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

50 bullets in the first 20 seconds -its mad isn't it ? Yet the NRA will doubtless say its the person that bears full responsibility.

Guns don't kill people. People fire 50 bullets in the 20 seconds...

There is literally NO reason for average people to own assault riffles other than weapons manufacturers wanting to make more money. 

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Guns don't kill people. People fire 50 bullets in the 20 seconds...

There is literally NO reason for average people to own assault riffles other than weapons manufacturers wanting to make more money. 

No,no,no, Its the 'right to bear arms' in the constitution.

''No commie liberal negro president is takin ma M16 away, boy''

1 minute ago, Fulham Broadway said:

No,no,no, Its the 'right to bear arms' in the constitution.

''No commie liberal negro president is takin ma M16 away, boy''

On a serious note, I genuinely think the issue with mass shootings in the US is much deeper than just weapons.

I know it's different here, but for example in Lebanon, there are weapons in almost every house (almost none of them legal, but that's besides the point) and I think in the 25 years since the civil war ended, we've had ONE mass shooting even though it is very easy to get hold of almost any weapon you fancy.

That said, banning automatic weapons is OBVIOUSLY the easiest solution for the more than one mass shooting PER DAY in the US.

55 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Doesn't matter. It may be the truth but the truth will distorted by both the Liberal and Conservative media. The former will say how Murika has to change to help these people fit in (because the world is a simple hug box and all cultures can get along) and the later will talk about how there is a radical Islamic issue that needs to be addressed, with enhanced scare mongering tactics.

On another note. Also in Florida a young pop singer was murdered at a concert. Florida is a very odd state. Not somewhere I'd live.

People love eating up half-truths and trash content without ever looking at the context. It's the memeculture of the internet and Hideo Kojima and several other Japanese writers predicted this sort of nonsese in the late 90s and early 00s.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Doesn't matter. It may be the truth but the truth will distorted by both the Liberal and Conservative media. The former will say how Murika has to change to help these people fit in (because the world is a simple hug box and all cultures can get along) and the later will talk about how there is a radical Islamic issue that needs to be addressed, with enhanced scare mongering tactics.

On another note. Also in Florida a young pop singer was murdered at a concert. Florida is a very odd state. Not somewhere I'd live.

He was born in the US, he IS part of the US. 

If you want to be cruel you can say that nothing would have made him more culturally uniform with the US culture than a mass shooting.

It's not a clash of cultures, it's not even religious. It's a global trend towards militant extremism that is attracting people who have been oppressed and disenfranchised in their societies for all sorts of reason. It is Islamic extremism that in 2001 was a problem in a small area in Afghanistan and after 15 years of US 'war on terror' is now all over the world. Sigh... 

6 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

It is Islamic extremism that in 2001 was a problem in a small area in Afghanistan and after 15 years of US 'war on terror' is now all over the world. Sigh... 

Exactly, that's where it started -instead of concentrating on Wahhabism, and the Saudis that actually caused 9/11, PNAC thought it more exponentially prudent to bomb the fuck out of the Taliban (who'd been Bushs' guests only months before), and that sowed the seeds for years to come of 'blowback'.

35 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

He was born in the US, he IS part of the US. 

If you want to be cruel you can say that nothing would have made him more culturally uniform with the US culture than a mass shooting.

It's not a clash of cultures, it's not even religious. It's a global trend towards militant extremism that is attracting people who have been oppressed and disenfranchised in their societies for all sorts of reason. It is Islamic extremism that in 2001 was a problem in a small area in Afghanistan and after 15 years of US 'war on terror' is now all over the world. Sigh... 

I never said he wasn't American nor that he it was culturally, religiously, whatever driven, I said that the media will contort it to fit their narrative. 

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

I never said he wasn't American nor that he it was culturally, religiously, whatever driven, I said that the media will contort it to fit their narrative. 

Yeah, I wasn't disagreeing with what you said, more adding to it.

46 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Exactly, that's where it started -instead of concentrating on Wahhabism, and the Saudis that actually caused 9/11, PNAC thought it more exponentially prudent to bomb the fuck out of the Taliban (who'd been Bushs' guests only months before), and that sowed the seeds for years to come of 'blowback'.

And they're still protecting the planners and funders of 9/11 by stopping the families of the victims from suing the Saudi royal family and making the investigation report public. And the media doesn't even question it! 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Reading around it seems he did.

Absolutely horrendous this.

I can't understand people. Even if he was from Afghanistan with muslim parents, the guy was born in America, had a job, had a first wife, then suddenly pledges allegiance to ISIS and kills people. It's just scary to imagine how it feels when someone you know on the street can go on a killing rampage at anytime in his life. 

16 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I think even if you ban guns, will it not be able to be bought in the black market? 

It's like drugs, it's illegal but you can't get rid of it. 

So those are the only solution, ban all guns and be faced with a black market or just have everyone a gun to defend themselves. Because maybe if everyone at the club had a gun you might have had less dead.... Or maybe more we don't know. But any option you take it won't be as easy as people paint it to be. 

I personally would like to see how it would go if everyone had a gun..... 

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

I think even if you ban guns, will it not be able to be bought in the black market? 

It's like drugs, it's illegal but you can't get rid of it. 

So those are the only solution, ban all guns and be faced with a black market or just have everyone a gun to defend themselves. Because maybe if everyone at the club had a gun you might have had less dead.... Or maybe more we don't know. But any option you take it won't be as easy as people paint it to be. 

I personally would like to see how it would go if everyone had a gun..... 

But would you recommend certain types of gun that people kept  ? If you had a Saturday night 'special' and someones coming at you with a Heckler Koch MG43 then thats a bit of a mismatch. Not so much if you had an F2000 or an AK but for some that would be impractical. Even if you had those, some would buy an M203 grenande launcher, which obviously youngsters would find difficult to handle.