Spike

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Ironically some of the most truthful respected journalists dont work for Corporate media where editorial control is tightly controlled to an agenda.

Perhaps, and on the other hand they are freer to give their own take on the news. That's actually the content that sells on youtube.

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Maybe true, but people are idealistic when young, and they see the bigger picture.

The millions that protested about South Africa, Iraq invasions, Vietnam slaughter have all been vindicated and proved right

End of the day you are (not you personally), either against mass murder or you support it.

I think the exact opposite. They are know-nothing gullible people who definitely cannot see the bigger picture because they still lack the experience to understand the nuances in most real world situations. The most easily manipulated people are at both ends of the age spectrum.

7 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

erhaps, and on the other hand they are freer to give their own take on the news. That's actually the content that sells on youtube.

They could earn a lot more towing a Corporate media agenda. 

8 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

They are know-nothing gullible people who definitely cannot see the bigger picture

Thats a very sweeping generalisation 🤣

Governments, historians and even Corporate media admit that the students that protested about the Vietnam slaughter, the two Iraq invasions, the aparteid regime in South Africa, the segregtion in the US were 100% right

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

They could earn a lot more towing a Corporate media agenda. 

Thats a very sweeping generalisation 🤣

Governments, historians and even Corporate media admit that the students that protested about the Vietnam slaughter, the two Iraq invasions, the aparteid regime in South Africa, the segregtion in the US were 100% right

Disagree. You can't acquire life experience exclusively from books much less social media. And even then, the only absolute requirement to learn and, in time, acquire wisdom is time and that's the one thing we have zero control over.

The second part is where we most disagree about because I think the level of nuance is drastically different from the other cases (and also Ukraine). Would really like to see these protestors demand the release of the hostages still being held in Gaza, for example. We are going in circles around this one tho.

Edited by robsblubot

11 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Disagree. You can't acquire life experience exclusively from books much less social media. And even then, the only absolute requirement to learn and, in time, acquire wisdom is time and that's the one thing we have zero control over.

The second part is where we most disagree about because I think the level of nuance is drastically different from the other cases (and also Ukraine). Would really like to see these protestors demand the release of the hostages still being held in Gaza, for example. We are going in circles around this one tho.

Yes I completely disagree. Like I said the protests I highlighted above have ALL been vindicated. Conversely you could say they havent been tainted by 30 pieces of silver, a corporate wage to promote an agenda.

There are plenty of student and relatives protests in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem by Jews about the 'hostages' and most can see through Netanyahus lies and prevarication. But perhaps you re right, they know nothing and are 'gullible'.

Yes I completely disagree. Like I said the protests I highlighted above have ALL been vindicated. Conversely you could say they havent been tainted by 30 pieces of silver, a corporate wage to promote an agenda.

Never said they were not vindicated. What I said was that these are not equivalent in my view.

There are plenty of student and relatives protests in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem by Jews about the 'hostages' and most can see through Netanyahus lies and prevarication. But perhaps you re right, they know nothing and are 'gullible'.

Nothing would change if Netanyahus were to leave right now--at least that's the information I have. This goes a lot deeper now than one man's wishes.

Oh no, they are all extremely wise teenagers and know everything there is to know about life and they apply all that vast acquired wisdom when analyzing this 60-year+ conflict. You are right, I'm the gullible one who tries to see different sides in a complex situation. It's much easier to just take a side--works great in social media too.

7 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Never said they were not vindicated. What I said was that these are not equivalent in my view.

None of them were viewed with equivalency to previous protests at the time, its only after the Military Industrial Complex have paid their shareholders that its looked at differently in the rear view mirror of history.

10 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Oh no, they are all extremely wise teenagers and know everything there is to know about life and they apply all that vast acquired wisdom when analyzing this 60-year+ conflict.

Its the basic human instinct of empathy for fellow human beings. Like I said you are either for against mass murder.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

None of them were viewed with equivalency to previous protests at the time, its only after the Military Industrial Complex have paid their shareholders that its looked at differently in the rear view mirror of history.

Its the basic human instinct of empathy for fellow human beings. Like I said you are either for against mass murder.

We are analyzing all of that in hindsight. Once again, in hindsight, I do not see equivalence because the US was not attacked by Vietnam; the same way Russia wasn't attacked by Ukraine. You may not think the attack by Hamas and the Israeli response are proportional, but that's exactly the nuance I was referring to.

Regarding teenagers/young adults,

"In the last decade, a growing body of longitudinal neuroimaging research has demonstrated that adolescence is a period of continued brain growth and change, challenging longstanding assumptions that the brain was largely finished maturing by puberty [13]. The frontal lobes, home to key components of the neural circuitry underlying “executive functions” such as planning, working memory, and impulse control, are among the last areas of the brain to mature; they may not be fully developed until halfway through the third decade of life [2]."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/#:~:text=The frontal lobes%2C home to,decade of life [2].

"It doesn’t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn’t something they can excel in, at least not yet. The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so."

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

I was actually reading a book about how the brain works and it described experiments done in the past on people who lost their frontal lobes due to accidents etc. It is very interesting how they completely changed their personalities depending on how severe the loss was.

Edited by robsblubot
grammar

4 hours ago, robsblubot said:

We are analyzing all of that in hindsight. Once again, in hindsight, I do not see equivalence because the US was not attacked by Vietnam; the same way Russia wasn't attacked by Ukraine. You may not think the attack by Hamas and the Israeli response are proportional, but that's exactly the nuance I was referring to.

Regarding teenagers/young adults,

"In the last decade, a growing body of longitudinal neuroimaging research has demonstrated that adolescence is a period of continued brain growth and change, challenging longstanding assumptions that the brain was largely finished maturing by puberty [13]. The frontal lobes, home to key components of the neural circuitry underlying “executive functions” such as planning, working memory, and impulse control, are among the last areas of the brain to mature; they may not be fully developed until halfway through the third decade of life [2]."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2892678/#:~:text=The frontal lobes%2C home to,decade of life [2].

"It doesn’t matter how smart teens are or how well they scored on the SAT or ACT. Good judgment isn’t something they can excel in, at least not yet. The rational part of a teen’s brain isn’t fully developed and won’t be until age 25 or so."

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/encyclopedia/content.aspx?ContentTypeID=1&ContentID=3051

I was actually reading a book about how the brain works and it described experiments done in the past on people who lost their frontal lobes due to accidents etc. It is very interesting how they completely changed their personalities depending on how severe the loss was.

Yes I knew all that when I worked with young people as a career advisor. Females actually develop quicker. 

Bottom line these protesters, the global protests, of which the Universities are a very small part, will be proved to be on the side of right. The genocidal racists, and their complicit silent cheerleaders, the 'journalists' that never question their corporate editors, the apologists for an illegal occupation will hide, and those that have them, will have to live with their consciences

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yes I knew all that when I worked with young people as a career advisor. Females actually develop quicker. 

Bottom line these protesters, the global protests, of which the Universities are a very small part, will be proved to be on the side of right. The genocidal racists, and their complicit silent cheerleaders, the 'journalists' that never question their corporate editors, the apologists for an illegal occupation will hide, and those that have them, will have to live with their consciences

This war would have long finish if Hamas cared for their people. 

They see their people dying and yet they don't surrender....

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Fernando said:

They, the Palestine leaders, and whoever supports them are the biggest oppressors in the region but it’s not fashionable to talk about them.

hamas knew exacrly what would happen after the attack. They were counting on it.

its funny because i’d describe the Palestine leaders who want the extinction of Israel and all its people very much textbook racist genocidal tyrants. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by robsblubot

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

The Israelis would just carry on killing, they have said so. Would the jews surrender if they had 34 500 killed 73 000 wounded up to 120 000 buried under rubble... I think a war needs two armies. this is genocide.

96% of deaths before Oct 7th were Palestinians, mainly children

Dont forget Netanyahu was supporting and encouraging people to finance Hamas to divide the Palestinians from the PA. 

Hamas are idiots, but Israel with the best security in the World took 8,13 and 20 hours to respond to the incursion points.

Russia-Ukraine war live: Putin orders nuclear weapons drills

Russia testing nuclear weapons in response to West possibly sending troops to Ukraine

Russia’s tactical nuclear weapon drills are a response to statements from the West about sending troops to Ukraine, the Kremlin said on Monday.

Reuters

3 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The Israelis would just carry on killing, they have said so. Would the jews surrender if they had 34 500 killed 73 000 wounded up to 120 000 buried under rubble... I think a war needs two armies. this is genocide.

96% of deaths before Oct 7th were Palestinians, mainly children

And yet Hamas is still fighting and has captive. 

Like I said this war would have long finish if Hamas cared for their people. 

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

And yet Hamas is still fighting and has captive. 

Like I said this war would have long finish if Hamas cared for their people. 

Maybe -though Gantz has said the bombing will continue whether hostages are released or not. 

Israel has imprisoned 31 458 Palestinian children (Times of Israel) 880 since November. None are allowed to see their parents. Hostages also.

4 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Maybe -though Gantz has said the bombing will continue whether hostages are released or not. 

Israel has imprisoned 31 458 Palestinian children (Times of Israel) 880 since November. None are allowed to see their parents. Hostages also.

Yes, people do stupid shit when they are attacked. Countries do stupid shit when they are attacked. Some countries do stupid shit even when not being attacked and they even make up a reason to attack someone.
Bottom line is don't attack anyone because you don't know how they will react; it may be unjustified in your view, but they may feel "justified" which will likely be enough to do [said stupid shit].

----- 

On unrelated news from back home,
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/article/2024/may/06/weather-tracker-torrential-rainstorms-cause-death-and-destruction-in-brazil

2 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Yes, people do stupid shit when they are attacked. Countries do stupid shit when they are attacked. Some countries do stupid shit even when not being attacked and they even make up a reason to attack someone.
Bottom line is don't attack anyone because you don't know how they will react; it may be unjustified in your view, but they may feel "justified" which will likely be enough to do [said stupid shit].

75 years of Occupation before Oct 7th millions displaced, tortured, imprisoned, maimed, killed, by the most hi tech weaponised sociopathic Israeli Attack Force, broken more UN resolutions than every other country put together, and protected by a compliant corporate media - yes that is a reason to do 'stupid shit'.

8 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

My friend has been working in Brazil - educational outreach to some of the remotest parts. They were teaching the kids about the Giant Armadillo and other local wildlife, which wasnt mentioned in their curriculum. They were taught about lions, gorillas, elephants etc but not about the indigenous wildlife - as they had a US based curriculum.