The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

9 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Jesus some of the fouls this ref has given is pathetic. I know the European ref are a bit less lenient than British refs but jesus christ, tackling and physicality really is dying out. Atletico what a team though. Contrasting style or not, big games they are always at it.

It reminds me of the good old Chelsea days. 

Not pretty but efficient and always give 110%.

Id expect more Chelsea fans being lowkey fans of Atletico considering the similarities.

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

cannot go there until he wins the CL

its why Messi and CR7 cannot be greatest without a WC

I never bend those rules of thumb

I guess, but he was 25 seconds and a penalty shootout away from being a 2x CL winner, I know you kinda have to get over the line but it dosen't lessen his quality as a manager for me. Especially when you consider he is managing a club that no one expected to be competing for the CL

5 minutes ago, lucio said:

I guess, but he was 25 seconds and a penalty shootout away from being a 2x CL winner, I know you kinda have to get over the line but it dosen't lessen his quality as a manager for me. Especially when you consider he is managing a club that no one expected to be competing for the CL

This may be his year, its wide open

14 minutes ago, lucio said:

Here is a dream

Simeone wins it this year

Ratcliffe buys us

Hires Simeone

liquidates all the dross

Simeone would toss a bish like Alonso or Willian through a window:wub:

33 minutes ago, lucio said:

Simeone is the best coach in world football, it isn't even close

Think in terms of the motivational side of things, he is most definitely is, yes. Never seen a big game were they've not been up for it under him. In terms of quality they can lack at times but they function very well as a team and dont do anything that is considered reinventing the wheel so to speak. I look at Griezmann, Costa, Koke, Saul, Rodri.. all excellent players in their own right but they roll their socks up and give 100%. No doubts about it, with limited resources in terms of finances, Simeone has done an outstanding job and just needs a CL to top it off.

19 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Think in terms of the motivational side of things, he is most definitely is, yes. Never seen a big game were they've not been up for it under him. In terms of quality they can lack at times but they function very well as a team and dont do anything that is considered reinventing the wheel so to speak. I look at Griezmann, Costa, Koke, Saul, Rodri.. all excellent players in their own right but they roll their socks up and give 100%. No doubts about it, with limited resources in terms of finances, Simeone has done an outstanding job and just needs a CL to top it off.

Almost all his players would run through a minefield for him.:wub:

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Completely agree on this.

Though limited resources or not, Id say they are way more ambitious than us. They provide Simeone more suitable players than we do to our managers. 

They had star player in Griezmann, but went on to bring Lemar for big bucks who is touted as big talent. Not to forget Gelson Martins who was massive talent too.

We havent bought winger of real quality since Hazard.

7 hours ago, Vesper said:

ludicrous

Pep have 2 CL trophies. 2009 and 2011.

I don't have to remind you what happened in 2009 semi final Chelsea:Barcelona. Legendary Ovrebo and biggest robbery in football history. 

In 2011 without undeserved Van Persie red card in the last 16 I'm pretty sure Barca wouldn't beat Arsenal. 

11 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Pep have 2 CL trophies. 2009 and 2011.

I don't have to remind you what happened in 2009 semi final Chelsea:Barcelona. Legendary Ovrebo and biggest robbery in football history. 

In 2011 without undeserved Van Persie red card in the last 16 I'm pretty sure Barca wouldn't beat Arsenal. 

You cannot only change things that you wish (in this case an outcome) when you redo the temporal time-space continuum.

None of us can predict what would happen, as retrocausality enters the realms of possibility, and you are utilising a relational interpretation to previous existing events, when changing fundamentals will introduce transactional interpretations and potential paradoxes. You also have to allow that multiverse theory may very well render this entire conversation meaningless.

Meanwhile let’s enjoy the good old football traditions that surround a big European night at Anfield, the crowd, the opposition, your players houses being burgled.

Liverpool FC the only club to place security guards at the players houses on CL nights....

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Meanwhile let’s enjoy the good old football traditions that surround a big European night at Anfield, the crowd, the opposition, your players houses being burgled.

Liverpool FC the only club to place security guards at the players houses on CL nights....

Victimpool for REAL!!!

play for us become a criminal victim

a shithole full of ASBO gene pools