The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

On 10/9/2016 at 8:01 PM, KevinAshburner said:

PSG vs Arsenal FC (UCL)

#PSG's Motta claims #Arsenal are a 'level above' #CFC, ahead of Gunners' trip to Paris

PSG are unwatchable these days.
If Arsenal are capable of any serious football they can win tonight.

To be honest there's all sorts of levels in football, and we can't disagree with his stupid comment. They are a level above us in terms of identity, coherence, flamboyance, entertainment on the pitch to the casual viewer. We are a level above in terms of mentality, consistency (usually), and then all our trophies and shit. 

Point is.

Motta is stupid.

Imo Cavani is an incredible striker. His finishing recently is just sad though, if he just had the confidence to finish chances he would be amongst the top 3 strikers in the world. His movement for me is the best in the world. It's absolutely exquisite. He creates chances for himself at will.

His combination of electric pace, insane movement, power and work rate is just world class. He made a right mockery out of Koscielny the entire game. Unfortunately for him, he made a mockery out of himself as well with that finishing.

37 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Imo Cavani is an incredible striker. His finishing recently is just sad though, if he just had the confidence to finish chances he would be amongst the top 3 strikers in the world. His movement for me is the best in the world. It's absolutely exquisite. He creates chances for himself at will.

His combination of electric pace, insane movement, power and work rate is just world class. He made a right mockery out of Koscielny the entire game. Unfortunately for him, he made a mockery out of himself as well with that finishing.

you can bet that if that was Drogba (in his prime) in Cavani´s position he would have scored an hattrick against the gooners, Cavani to me is one of the biggest chokers out there, lacks the killer instinct in big games that he should have regularly, he could have finished Arsenal by himself today, but lacks the confidence, composure and killer instinct, shame because he´s a top striker on his day. Cheers

4 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

Cavani to me is one of the biggest chokers out there, lacks the killer instinct in big games that he should have regularly, he could have finished Arsenal by himself today, but lacks the confidence, composure and killer instinct, shame because he´s a top striker on his day. Cheers

What makes it even more sad is that Cavani was a ruthless player for Napoli. 

I still believe now that he is back in his original position once he gets his confidence back he will be an absolute menace for any team. I used 'once' because I think his finishing will eventually come back as he's playing in his favored role all the time. The contrast between his out of this world movement and his finishing is just too good to be true. He has everything you want in a striker: pace, strength, athleticism, good technical ability and intelligence. It's painful watching him knowing how close he is to being a top 3 striker in the world. It's the exact opposite with players like Falcao or Torres. These guys have/had nothing going for them, let alone confidence.

4 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

you can bet that if that was Drogba (in his prime) in Cavani´s position he would have scored an hattrick against the gooners

At the same time you could argue that Drogba (and many other strikers tbf) wouldn't be in those positions. Not saying his or others' movement isn't great, but I just find Cavani's movement incredible. Him and Suarez are surely the best strikers in this department. Uruguayan blood? 

6 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Agree but his finishing is beyond awful for a striker. 

10 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:

What makes it even more sad is that Cavani was a ruthless player for Napoli. 

I still believe now that he is back in his original position once he gets his confidence back he will be an absolute menace for any team. I used 'once' because I think his finishing will eventually come back as he's playing in his favored role all the time. The contrast between his out of this world movement and his finishing is just too good to be true. He has everything you want in a striker: pace, strength, athleticism, good technical ability and intelligence. It's painful watching him knowing how close he is to being a top 3 striker in the world. It's the exact opposite with players like Falcao or Torres. These guys have/had nothing going for them, let alone confidence.

At the same time you could argue that Drogba (and many other strikers tbf) wouldn't be in those positions. Not saying his or others' movement isn't great, but I just find Cavani's movement incredible. Him and Suarez are surely the best strikers in this department. Uruguayan blood? 

I agree with your analysis, he still has time on his side, if he can get that confidence back he will be unstoppable, Uruguay sure has a good history of top strikers, at the moment Suarez and Cavani are their best 2, but Suarez is a class way above everybody else, i remember when Cavani was at Napoli, scoring goals for fun and we were linked with him, i wished we could have bought him back then, but Napoli were asking for silly money, mostly because of their President and PSG paid in full, well that´s life. Cheers