The European Leagues & Competitions Thread V2

CHOULO19

Bodo Glimt a team of fishermen and local craftsmen demolished Jose.
But Roma played with 9 subs. I counted them. From the match against Juve last weekend only two players played again on Thursday. The keeper Patricio and the defender Ibanez.
Mourinho's excuse was that "he does n't have a squad" - i.e. his substitute players useless.
He says "I am the one to blame for using them but they 're not good enough for this club".
As a result I don't know what is the situation now in Rome. They are at home against Napoli tomorrow, but what is the morale ? Is Jose ready for yet another departure ?

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NikkiCFC said:

So he will lose most likely against Pep on Saturday and he may get sack after that. Perfect timing. Int. break. But who they go for?

Think they'll edge it Saturday..City are a bit shite.

Ronaldo is getting them out the groups really. 3rd time he has saved them 

Ronaldo bailing them out time and again and saving Ole’s job this season. Bruno bailing them out time and again saving Ole’s job last season.

He’s the luckiest man in football. He’ll probably fluke a 1-0 against City this weekend as well. Which is fine with me because we could go 8 points clear of City and Ole keeps his job.

Both goals in injury time. Also late wins against Wolves, WH, Villarreal, Atalanta... They are shit but without those goals they would be even more. I dont mind, let Ole stay, they are out in round of 16 or QF for sure.

Edited by NikkiCFC

Regardless of Ole’s incompetence as a manager and an over reliance on late goals as well as generally poor coaching, defensive mistakes etc, for any team to be able to rescue results in the last minutes - it doesn’t hurt. But they wont be truly successful as a team because of the other stuff.

It is also a pain in the arse but keeps OGS in a job. Although when you have Ronaldo, you know you’ll get one chance and when its Ronaldo its a goal 99/100 times.

I do think its fair to assume Ole will be gone at the end of the season, of that I am 90% sure. 

Theres always talk of conspiracy and refereeing decisions (so stupid 90% of the time) when we play in the PL but holy fuck that red for Atletico is borderline one of the worst refereeing calls I have seen. He was fucking miles away from the goal so whys he sent him off with a straight red 🤣

20 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Theres always talk of conspiracy and refereeing decisions (so stupid 90% of the time) when we play in the PL but holy fuck that red for Atletico is borderline one of the worst refereeing calls I have seen. He was fucking miles away from the goal so whys he sent him off with a straight red 🤣

Just saw it. Absolutely ridiculous. 

11 hours ago, Milan said:

Watching how the groups take shape, it would be really really good to finish top ahead of Juve.

With the away goals rule now gone, starting the first leg at home might not be a big disadvantage like before.