Chelsea will win the CL

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

God I love reading the comments on the first pages and then switch to the last ones.

Im still watching highlights on youtube of our historic journey.. And it makes me think that even when things look the worse, we can come out strong. With that said; I still think we have alot to offer in this season. An EL victory would be awesome, and a top 2 or 3 position in the league.

BELIEVE

Screw the Club World Cup and the Super Cup. Screw the Champions League knockout stages too, we won the trophy that mattered the most and that's all that matters. Our triumph in Munich was simply monumental and for me it will remain as the best moment of the year, and one of the greatest in my life.

We may win it again, but it will never come close to the feelings of the 19th of May. Nothing will ever come close to that.

God I love reading the comments on the first pages and then switch to the last ones.

Im still watching highlights on youtube of our historic journey.. And it makes me think that even when things look the worse, we can come out strong. With that said; I still think we have alot to offer in this season. An EL victory would be awesome, and a top 2 or 3 position in the league.

BELIEVE

I watch them once every week at least, i love the Thomas Lundberg one, the Road To Munich i think it is. I don't care what anyone says, that is the best Champions League campaign of all time, no one has ever accomplished that, we had to defend for ourlives and we kept high spirits and got results and outsmarted the likes of Barcelona away with 10 men and kept the hope whilst 2-0 down at the same time. Not to mention losing our captain and best centre back in the process.

Still can't get over it sometimes, how the hell it even happened.

Screw the Club World Cup and the Super Cup. Screw the Champions League knockout stages too, we won the trophy that mattered the most and that's all that matters. Our triumph in Munich was simply monumental and for me it will remain as the best moment of the year, and one of the greatest in my life.

We may win it again, but it will never come close to the feelings of the 19th of May. Nothing will ever come close to that.

Nothing will feel the same as that night in Munich as it was the first. Same with the PL in 2004/05 under Jose****. No matter how many we'll win you won't feel the same as the first one. First ones always the hardest which makes it the most satisfying!

**** also yes I do know the club won the league in 1955 btw just it wasn't the premier league back then.

The inside story of how Roman Abramovich finally saw his Chelsea team end their Champions League hoodoo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9763091/2012-One-Golden-Year-Chelsea-beat-Bayern-Munich-to-win-the-Champions-League.html

Didier Drogba, Chelsea striker: I was just really disappointed. I was like, “Oh no, not again”. But I remember Juan Mata coming over to us all and saying: “We have to believe.” Then, a few seconds later, we got a corner.

The inside story of how Roman Abramovich finally saw his Chelsea team end their Champions League hoodoo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/9763091/2012-One-Golden-Year-Chelsea-beat-Bayern-Munich-to-win-the-Champions-League.html

Some memories:

- I got in Munich one day prior to the game, so the city was still empty. I remember going to the UCL Plaza and a very sexy blonde woman was giving away our flags!

- When I woke up on May 19th, Ballack was in the same hotel!

- I remember Bayern fans moking us at Marienplatz, they were up 10/1 but we still managed to do a lot of noise.

- The Munich Police did a special task force to prevent fight in the tube, so there was only CFC fans traveling to the stadium. Loudest place I have seen our fans, amazing!

- Liquidator at Allianz Arena prior to the kick off, fantastic!

- The vast majority at the stadium was Bayern, but they seemed very casual, because we were the loudest until Muller`s goal.

- Drogba`s goal was amazing, but everyone got way more happier when Cech got Robben`s penalty. I dont know why, but the joy on everyone`s face was absurd. I guess we knew that we were going to win it at that time.

- Drogba`s penalty was insane. I saw fear and ansiety and hope, but then everyone went nuts!!!!!

- Blue is the Colour at the end... :blue scalf:

Double Post <_<

It's been more than 7 months, and still when I close my eyes, I get flashbacks to that wonderful night in the Allianz Arena, memories of that stunning header from Didier Drogba, the wonderful penalty save from Petr Cech that broke Arjen Robben`s heart and the drama of the penalty shoot-out culminating in Drogba's run with expression of disbelief, hapiness and joy I will never forget.

We entered very next season with new team that didn't have time to gel, and on top of that missing good players in two important positions.

Yes we lost three finals afterwards, even fell out of CL group stage, but these failures will quite easily be over-shadowed by a majestic triumph that few believed was possible.

We had some tough times, but who knows what future brings. If anything this team is unpredictable.

When they had considered us too old to compete, we responded by winning domestic double with League included.

When they dismissed us as favourites, we won Champions League.

They used to say how we will inevitably fall apart, we responded with yet another trophy, further irritating Arsenal and Liverpool fans , among others.

Yes, one can never know what to expect from Chelsea FC, ven when they are in free fall... Cause when you least expected it, they somehow found a way to recover and rise.

I don't know how many of you know the story of Uruguay's WC win in Brazil 1950 (Read here --> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/soccer/world-cup-2010/writers/jonathan_wilson/07/04/uruguay.history/index.html) but us winning in Munich has a similar backdrop. Their city, their home, our cup.