Chelsea 4-1 Napoli

BlueLion.

Man of the Match?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your man of the match after this HURCULEAN effort?

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAT A FUCKING WIN.. IMMENSE ! I Turned down tickets to this game... how much of a tit do i feel now! Oh well at least we showed passion and team spirit beyond what i thought we were capable of this season! CAREEEFREEEEE

I had bad day but thank you Chels, I'm happy... That was just amazing... I'm starting to be a huge fan of RDM... I love this Chelsea, when players give heart to the game... That would be beautiful night...

What a night for the club, for the fans, for the players, but especially for Roberto di Matteo. His on-pitch celebrations with the players say it all.

Also I am very happy that all those interviews with the players and talking about the final, fighting etc were spot on and not just plain words.

Brilliant. What a night!

Vintage Chelsea. For 2 hours we were transported back in time. Forgotten were the doubts about the old guard, erased was the idea of instituting a new style of play at Chelsea, gone were all of the criticisms, all of the off the field antics that have dominated the back pages and what we were left with was pure, raw Chelsea, this was Chelsea at its very core, the fight, the spirit, the quality that made us a force to be reckoned with.

The lads were nothing short of heroic tonight, you could find examples all over the pitch. Terry was absolutely immense at the heart of the Chelsea back four, transformed from disgraced ex England captain back onto his rightful pedestal of Chelsea legend, the club's greatest ever captain. David Luiz beside him was equally terrific, playing the last half hour with an injury he was every bit as heroic as his centre back partner. Ivanovic as steady and reliable as you can possibly get at right back and a spectacular winner to boot. Frank Lampard, transformed from a substitute who was past his best under AVB to midfield general. Michael Essien, from has been crock to midfield powerhouse. Ramires, from much maligned Brazilian to powerful box to box runner.

But greatest of all, for my money, Chelsea's greatest ever striker, Didier Drogba. When the occasion calls for it, Didier still delivers. AN awesome performance leading the Chelsea attack, striking fear into the hearts of the Napoli back 3 as only Drogba can, his all important opening goal was Drogba 101 and set the tone for the rest of the game. His assist for Ivanovic's winner, simply sublime. It has been said over and over again, repeated to death but I will say it one more time, never ever write off Didier Drogba, he remains Chelsea's great man, a Chelsea legend.

Also I loved the post match celebrations. Di Matteo running and jumping straight at Drogba and then at Torres, it was telling of their contribution. Suddenly the feeling in the press that the players didn't like him all seemed a bit flimsy, he embraced the players, the players embraced him. Also loved Terry and Di Matteo talking tactics at half time, Terry's reputation at the club is such that he deserves to be listened to by the club managers.

Terrific win, one of our best ever in Europe. How far can we go? With a favorable draw you never know, this win, with the right draw, might catapult us into a Champions League semi final or even a final. We are the 4th favourites with bookies, with that kind of heart, spirit and determination, we cant be taken lightly. Are we favourites? of course not, but will we give anybody a game, absolutely.

Idiot, you say that for one game, wait till they play together one other game. Every player played good tonight, everyone!, great spirit, but i bet it changes when we start playing league games again.

im just saying... calm down buddy

hahaha

Here's what Liverpool fans have to make of it. Bitter, much?

What a HORRIBLE scummy team of complete Wankers. Drogba disgusts me. He went down clutching his face like he had been KO'd bout 5 times in ET, he should be retrospectivly banned for simulation. Cheating plastic scummy cunts. Watching that game brought back all the memories of why I hate them soo much.

Utter disgace to football the whole club, Fans, Owner, Players.

Owner who stole his wealth from the Russian people.

Owner who undermines his manager at every turn.

Fans who boo at half time and wave plastic flags.

Egomaniac players who want to run the club.

That enough?

:lol: :lol: :lol: FUCK OFF YOU BITTER CUNTS.

Awesome Chelsea, well done! :clap:

But people are getting too hype about this RDM tenure. Is nothing new that whats been done before. Fire the old manager, and players get motivated for the new coach, play good and then after a couple of months they regress back to their old ways.

What this shows is that Roman must, MUST get rid of a lot of players this summer. Players are number one priority, and not manager.

Even if RDM turns out to be mediocre in a years time the squad we would have will be very vital to the continue success of Chelsea.

That being said, well done Chelsea, but don't let this performance fool you and go give 10 years contract to the old guard. Dead wood gots to go.

No offence, but shut up and let us have our fun as your pessimism is exhausting. Sure you celebrate but you seem to be more focused on how RDM isn't right for the job, ease up, celebrate more and criticise less. Besides, I think you should have posted this in Roberto Di Matteo, considering your post is entirely about him and not the lads that went out and beat Napoli today.

Drogba owned the pitch today, that header was exquisite.

John Terry showed he was a legend today, that header was pitch perfect.

Lampard rectified his past antice today, that penalty was smooth.

Ivanovic was a boss down the right, that finish was world class.