Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Tobey Gibson

5 hours ago, jernej93 said:

We should use Chalobah and Loftus this year but probably Mikel will get chance sooner :( it would be a perfect chance because we don't have much depth in 3 men midfield ;)

I would have chalobah and loftus cheek ahead of Mikel in the squad 

5 hours ago, the wes said:

I would have chalobah and loftus cheek ahead of Mikel in the squad 

Every Chelsea fan would love that but it's not gonna happen :(

It would be nice to have 3 men midfield with Kante, Matić, Oscar, Fabregas, Chalobah and RLC :)

On 08/09/2016 at 9:15 AM, jernej93 said:

Every Chelsea fan would love that but it's not gonna happen :(

It would be nice to have 3 men midfield with Kante, Matić, Oscar, Fabregas, Chalobah and RLC :)

Nate and RLC are massively overrated because they are English

"It is hard to tell your players that they have to pay attention because they risk a ban. Diego is aware of this. It is important for him not to get booked for strange situations. It can happen for tackles and when it is necessary. He is an important player for us."

"But we also have Michy Batshuayi, who is also a good player and is ready to show what he can do. Plus we have Ruben [Loftus-Cheek] who can play in this position." - Conte

Interesting that he still considers Ruben a striker.

"It is hard to tell your players that they have to pay attention because they risk a ban. Diego is aware of this. It is important for him not to get booked for strange situations. It can happen for tackles and when it is necessary. He is an important player for us."

"But we also have Michy Batshuayi, who is also a good player and is ready to show what he can do. Plus we have Ruben [Loftus-Cheek] who can play in this position." - Conte

Interesting that he still considers Ruben a striker.

He's always considered him a forward, ever since preseason and nothings happened to change that. He's not playing Cesc in the midfield, Ruben has no chance.

44 minutes ago, Bir_CFC said:

He's always considered him a forward, ever since preseason and nothings happened to change that. He's not playing Cesc in the midfield, Ruben has no chance.

It's been debated on here whether he still saw him as a forward or not after the preseason.

I think it makes more sense playing him as a CF if I'm honest. Physically it suits him, he doesn't have the technical ability or intelligence to control or dictate the game as a midfielder but he's quick, can take players on and makes good runs in to space. He can hold the ball up too with his frame. 

22 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I think it makes more sense playing him as a CF if I'm honest. Physically it suits him, he doesn't have the technical ability or intelligence to control or dictate the game as a midfielder but he's quick, can take players on and makes good runs in to space. He can hold the ball up too with his frame. 

It would have made more sense to loan him out and get him some playing time. 

He's not going to improve on his weaknesses and/or develop as an all-round player if he's stuck as 3rd choice CF

I'm starting to believe that he is that hyped mainly because of his physique. Not saying he does not possess certain qualities, I think he's got bags of potential, but his attitude is.. mehh...... He's never shown that hunger, that type of convincing performance to show that he wants to play ahead of Oscar or Matic or anyone in midfield. He just... played it safe always. Followed the instructions, tracked back and that's it. Nothing bad, but not great either. Average stuff. Such a shame because now (this season when Chelsea lacks quality midfielders) it was the perfect time for him to make a statement and impose himself. Next season might just be too late.

11 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It would have made more sense to loan him out and get him some playing time. 

He's not going to improve on his weaknesses and/or develop as an all-round player if he's stuck as 3rd choice CF

When do Chelsea ever get it right with young academy players though? 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

When do Chelsea ever get it right with young academy players though? 

Most of the ones they got 'wrong' were creative/flair players who struggled with the physical aspect of the game (e.g. McEachran, Kakuta, Piazon etc)

They got it right with the likes of Bertrand, Van Aanholt and Bruma, even John Swift earned a move to the Championship. Christensen and Tammy Abraham could add to that list in the near future.

Just look at Loftus-Cheek and Dele Alli, two years ago, both of them were just hyped english youngsters, now the latter is playing regularly for a top-6 premier league team after proving himself in League 1/Championship over the course of 2-3 years. 

1 hour ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I'm starting to believe that he is that hyped mainly because of his physique. Not saying he does not possess certain qualities, I think he's got bags of potential, but his attitude is.. mehh...... He's never shown that hunger, that type of convincing performance to show that he wants to play ahead of Oscar or Matic or anyone in midfield. He just... played it safe always. Followed the instructions, tracked back and that's it. Nothing bad, but not great either. Average stuff. Such a shame because now (this season when Chelsea lacks quality midfielders) it was the perfect time for him to make a statement and impose himself. Next season might just be too late.

I don't understand how you can give an academy graduate with only a few first team appearances 60k a week!

There are first team quality players in other premier league sides who barely earn 60k a week...

I bet his lack of hunger, attitude has something to do with his 'high wages'