What will sacking AVB actually achieve?

Tomo

Rafa would simply delay the inevitable and destroy this club. Simply we need a new team , this s Jose's Team mixed with some of AVB's new team. get the players AVB wants and ship out the old. Its time for these big Ego's to leave im afraid they think there bigger than any manager that comes in because when things go wrong in the past they stay the manager goes.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long Drogba/JT/Cole/Lampard/Essien are in club ,nothing will change.There are 3 ways imo,1. AVB stays = squad rebuild. 2.Someone new comes with same view of game, press high etc=he will face same problems like AVB now, because old guard dont like that way (because they suck then), 3.Get new manager who doesnt have new view of game and use force of old guard=they wont make problems,because things going in their way=Squad will be older and rebuild delay will make more problems in the future.

Just as the speculation about AVB's job was starting to build up media's favorite candidate Hiddink signed with Anzhi so now they pick Benitez....wouldn't surprise me if they link Mick McCarthy also :ph34r:

On the other hand, if the club really contacted Benitez I am seriously afraid for our future.

Since you are from South America, how do you see César Farías?

For me he is a great prospect like AVB. They are both young but not what is require at this time for top lvl management.

He would need a couple of seasons in Spain with a club like Villareal or something like that to see how he develops.

• 3 weeks later...

You have to see further than your nose... We only be able to draw conclusions when the honeymoon will stop.

This is my main concern. When the honeymoon is over and father time once again starts to rear his ugly head around our most vital senior players, what will the way forward be, and who is the one to lead us? I'm all for enjoying the moment, but I'm not so myopic as to think that our problems have been solved now that AVB is gone and we've gotten some good-fantastic (yesterday being fantastic) results.

Henrique is right. I liked AVB, but his firing means we at least have a chance to end this season on a high.

Just have to hope whoever the manager is in the summer, knows better than to put his faith in them and not sign any players.