Proposal - change to the Matchday Chat system?

PLEASE READ THE TOPIC BEFORE VOTING  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Matchday Chat - is a change needed?

• NO - keep it as it is
    • YES - have TWO threads; one for pre-match and in-match discussion/commentary, and a second for post-match thoughts
    • YES - have THREE threads; one for pre-match discussion, a second for in-match discussion/commentary, and a third for post-match thoughts

There has been a proposal put forward by Kostas, which has been supported by members and staff alike:

Not so much feedback as a proposal:

I noticed matchday threads are becoming increasingly long and even smaller games get around twice as many posts as back when I joined. I can't afford to spend nearly as many hours weekly as I used to on the forums and as a result nowadays I do not read or contribute to the matchday topics and I am sure I miss out on some interesting match-specific and more importantly general insight..

This may sound too much like what happens at CFCnet (which I used to lurk a few years ago) but I think having a separate post-match thread where actual analysis is separated from pre-game formations/wishes and in-game reactions would be great way to boost discussions.

Locking one thread after full-time and opening another is quite possible now that we're on a new server and don't have to worry about downtime and there usually is a member of the staff online during/after matches.

They have it on RedCafe, works very well. I like the idea.

http://www.redcafe.n...-united-348311/

Well worth a thought. I also don't bother reading the match thread on match day, it's usually chaos in there. During the game I stay away from it for good, I only go for post-match thoughts and I try to wait until heat of the moment emotions are cooled off.

They do that on ThisIsAnfield as well. I quite like the proposal, because I find a handful of members make some brilliant analyses and observations but they are crowded out by people making immature comments/being overly-dramatic/letting their emotions claim the better of them.

That would work well.

This proposal, therefore...

• Would see a change in the current Matchday Chat set-up, by having multiple threads for pre-match and in-game discussion, and then post-match thoughts.

A possible extension of this is to have three separate topics.

In that case would you prefer a pre-match build-up thread (made a week before, closing fifteen minutes before kick-off), an actual match chat open for the duration of the game and for about half an hour afterwards, and then a post-match discussion?

• The pre-match thread can be used for discussion of tactics and formations, and would be a good way of separating the build-up from the actual match events, which I find some members reviewing as a good memento of past famous results.
  • Then a thread would be opened up and dedicated to the actual match chat, closing a short while after the game ends.
  • Finally a third topic would be opened in the Matthew Harding Stand, which would include opinions and perspective, and could also be integrated with Man of the Match discussion.

This may seem a little excessive, however it would be a good way of organising match chat threads and discussion.

Please select which option you would prefer. If a change is voted in favour of, we will give it a trial run against Everton this weekend.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic