Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crystal Palace’s Patrick Bamford targets hitting a high note for Chelsea

Bamford did an interview with the Guardian and it's very good. Ambitious but level headed and mature with his responses. Great stuff.

Always impressed by this lad anytime he speaks. Interesting the way he spoke about that 3rd striker spot possibly being available when Didier left...

Anyway, I hope he does really well in his career no matter what happens. I just hope that his time with us only benefits his career in a positive way, be it on loan or in the first team. He really has a fantastic attitude. I would love to see him here.

Fantastic attitude.

“I have to believe, because if I didn’t there would be no point in doing all of this,” he says. “In my head, if I don’t get a shot at Chelsea, personally, I think I will have failed.

“When I decided to move to Chelsea I got a bit of stick at the time, but I didn’t move just because of the money or just because it was a big club. I moved there because I wanted to play for them. If I gave up without ever having a proper shot at it … whether that means doing a season on loan in the Premier League and going back there and trying to fight for a place, or whatever it may be. If I didn’t do that without someone saying: ‘Look, you’re not going to make it at Chelsea’, without them taking the decision out of my hands, then I’d think: ‘I’ve let myself down a bit there’.”

He would of been better off playing regularly in the Championship

Come on, it's just the second round, it's the middle of August. Hard work in trainings and a few good cameos and he can easily earn a spot in the starting eleven.

Bamford: "If all things go to plan then yes [i plan to return to Chelsea next season]." #CFC (Mail)

Bamford: "I’ve just got to concentrate on Palace and when the season’s finished then we’ll see what happens then" #CFC #CPFC

Bamford: "That’s the end game [playing for Chelsea]. It’s something I’d very much like to do." #CFC #CPFC (Mail)

Wickham injured I assume. Bamford on the bench. Gayle promoted to the bench. They sub off Murray. Who comes on? Gayle. The man they basically have on the transfer list and accepted bids from championship clubs for him comes on instead of him. Bamford, now has been an unused sub for 2 games. Early stages but like I was saying, do not think he is going to get enough games. Hopefully he starts in the week against Shrewsbury so he can prove what he does best.

hopefully he will get more game time over the course of the season. it`s way too early to say either way just yet.but I`m not surprised by any severe lack of patience when logging into TC anymore..

Bamford a loanee though.

Much harder to get significant playing time unless you are signficantly better than your competition.

the club chose to loan him out..3 games into the season I doubt if they are considering cancelling the loan because as inpatient as they can sometimes be,they are as patient as chess players in comparison to some of our fans.

It's bad business to cancel a loan 3 games in, not because of patience....

Bamford has to fight for place in the team place and atm, their number 1 striker hasn't played yet due to injury (chamahk)..

thanks for the guidance..i only discovered football this afternoon.

seriously tho..the reasons you give for Chelsea not cancelling the loan are not correct,nobody cancels a loan after 3 games of a new season.maybe in 3 months but never after 3 games. Chelsea are not even considering it atall at this point.nothing to do with good business practice.

thanks for the guidance..i only discovered football this afternoon.

seriously tho..the reasons you give for Chelsea not cancelling the loan are not correct,nobody cancels a loan after 3 games of a new season.maybe in 3 months but never after 3 games. Chelsea are not even considering it atall at this point.nothing to do with good business practice.

Hence, good business etiquette...

You don't cancel loans that early or other epl teams will never do business with you again. For Chelsea, we need other teams due to the high volume of young guys we have here.