Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

He needs to started shining or else he's going to be loan out next season aswell

It's all about what Money we can get with Bamford.

I like him hit he drifts out of games too much to make it here, never quite got the desperation to put him in the squad.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There comes a time when the player has to step up so a Premier League loan certainly looked a good move at the start of the season. If I remember correctly Patrick also started slowly with his other loan clubs. With luck it'll follow a similar pattern and he'll force his way in some time down the line. Personally I don't think Patrick has the quality to make it here but if I'm wrong about that then presumably he will earn some minutes with Palace.

He was rotated with his other clubs. He would be a sub then start then eventually he was a nailed on starter. Palace will be difficult because 2 strikers who were meant to be on the way out stayed and seem to be favoured ahead of him. And it will be hard for him to show what he can do at Palace when he only gets 20 min appearances and does not even make the squad. When Wickham comes back (likely this weekend) Bamford will not even get in the squad. Especially as Gayle got a hattrick and Cmapbell scored. I think you know who will be involved against Watford and Bamford will not.

There comes a time when the player has to step up so a Premier League loan certainly looked a good move at the start of the season. If I remember correctly Patrick also started slowly with his other loan clubs. With luck it'll follow a similar pattern and he'll force his way in some time down the line. Personally I don't think Patrick has the quality to make it here but if I'm wrong about that then presumably he will earn some minutes with Palace.

How exactly did it look like " a good loan" from the start?. I will love to hear this.

If anything it was one of the most bizzare loan moves in re ent times. Palace already had about 4 senior striker s on their roster before he joined and one or two more followed. Its baffling how anyone would have considered that loan a good move from the start and I was quick to raise that concern the minute he was linked to palace.

How exactly did it look like " a good loan" from the start?. I will love to hear this.

If anything it was one of the most bizzare loan moves in re ent times. Palace already had about 4 senior striker s on their roster before he joined and one or two more followed. Its baffling how anyone would have considered that loan a good move from the start and I was quick to raise that concern the minute he was linked to palace.

Patrick was a player in demand and so I think it is reasonable to assume that his temporary club are paying his wages plus a loan fee on top. It is also reasonable I think to assume that conversations were held with regard to what role Patrick would play in the Palace squad and that satisfactory answers were given.

With the natural desire of both Chelsea and Patrick that his latest loan should be at the highest level possible, to hear from a premier league club which was making the right noises and which was prepared to underscore their interest with hard cash would have been encouraging and attractive. It's a balancing act. Do you send the lad out to a lower league because you know he'll play but prove less, or do you send him to a top flight club where minutes are harder to come by, but where, if he's good enough, his minutes will tell club and player more about his capabilities.

In any case, I didn't say this looked a good loan. I said a Premier League loan looked good but I definitely think the club were right to give Patrick a chance with a top division club. In the end however, if he's not good enough, he's not good enough. Some people were arguing that Patrick could serve as our third, or even second, choice striker this season. If that was ever true then he ought to be able to get a game at Palace. If he can't however then that's something we need to know.

Yeah i was looking for a Sturridge kind of loan(bolton starter) for Bamford this season ,to maybe kick on and show his worth to CFC its still very early days but unless he gets game time , January look to somewhere else. Ideal world he does good job at Palace gets 10+ goals and takes 3rd slot at Chels nxt season,heres hoping

I remember your earlier post when this loan was made .. Your concerns have proved to be correct . Sad but true .

Patrick was a player in demand and so I think it is reasonable to assume that his temporary club are paying his wages plus a loan fee on top. It is also reasonable I think to assume that conversations were held with regard to what role Patrick would play in the Palace squad and that satisfactory answers were given.

With the natural desire of both Chelsea and Patrick that his latest loan should be at the highest level possible, to hear from a premier league club which was making the right noises and which was prepared to underscore their interest with hard cash would have been encouraging and attractive. It's a balancing act. Do you send the lad out to a lower league because you know he'll play but prove less, or do you send him to a top flight club where minutes are harder to come by, but where, if he's good enough, his minutes will tell club and player more about his capabilities.

In any case, I didn't say this looked a good loan. I said a Premier League loan looked good but I definitely think the club were right to give Patrick a chance with a top division club. In the end however, if he's not good enough, he's not good enough. Some people were arguing that Patrick could serve as our third, or even second, choice striker this season. If that was ever true then he ought to be able to get a game at Palace. If he can't however then that's something we need to know.

It's not that black and white. Bamford isn't a Palace player and as a result the club as absolutely no incentive to give him sufficient game time to prove his worth with 3 or 4 strikers that Palace own. A player struggling for playing time doesn't always reflect their overall quality either as manager's bias, tactical inclination towards certain types of players etc does play a part as well. Look at the case of Falcao vs Remy this season for example. Does the fact that the former is ahead on the pecking order and plays more games for us mean that Remy isn't good enough or better?

All in all this was a bad loan move.

It's not that black and white. Bamford isn't a Palace player and as a result the club as absolutely no incentive to give him sufficient game time to prove his worth with 3 or 4 strikers that Palace own. A player struggling for playing time doesn't always reflect their overall quality either as manager's bias, tactical inclination towards certain types of players etc does play a part as well. Look at the case of Falcao vs Remy this season for example. Does the fact that the former is ahead on the pecking order and plays more games for us mean that Remy isn't good enough or better?

All in all this was a bad loan move.

Most football clubs don't think long term, they wing it really season by season, all teams in this league bar last seasons top 6 and maybe Everton and Saints have a lingering danger of relegation every season, the first thought from the managers is to make sure they stay clear of trouble and will play their best available team there and then.

If Bamford on the team means Palace win more games than if he's not, he will play, just like Danny did at Bolton and as far as Remy s concerned he would walk Into the Palace team.

Like I said earlier in the week, he will not even make the squad today and that has proven to be true. Wickham is still injured as well. There should just be a mutual agreement to cancel this loan facepalm.gif

Can't believe some people think this loan still has a chance of working out. Chamakh is still return as well ffs!

Yeah i was looking for a Sturridge kind of loan(bolton starter) for Bamford this season ,to maybe kick on and show his worth to CFC its still very early days but unless he gets game time , January look to somewhere else. Ideal world he does good job at Palace gets 10+ goals and takes 3rd slot at Chels nxt season,heres hoping

A key point is that if Patrick was as good now as Studge was when he went to Bolton, he'd be starting at Palace. The further down the pyramid you have to look for a place where a player will get minutes, the further away he obviously is from being ready for us. I don't think Patrick will ever be a starter for Chelsea but he wouldn't agree with me about that of course. Good luck to him.

we should just sell Bamford in January, he is never going to make it here, such a one dimensional player, the Championship is his level and where he will likely have a good career scoring goals there.

For once I must agree with you .. He has done far better than I ever expected . He is also personable with a good attitude but I think you are right in saying his ceiling

has probably been reached , A good honest Championship player or possibly in a weaker European league .

I wrote this about Patrick a couple of years ago and it's still kind of true:

Well if Lukaku can't make it here then normally you can't really give much hope for someone like Bamford. But I can never write this boy off because I've seen him over-achieve in every single challenge he's had, from scoring 5 against us with Forest at youth level, to outshining Feruz who was supposed to be the next big thing, to tearing up League One and now forcing his way into the starting XI of the best attack in the championship. Honestly, I wouldn't put anything beyond Patrick.

Obviously his chances of making it here are low. They always have been. But I wouldn't write him off just yet. This is practically the first footballing challenge that Patrick is failing at. Would be interesting to see how he reacts to it.

• 3 weeks later...