Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could potentially be a Mceacheran at Swanea type of move with Sigurdsson obviously being a much better player.

Who are the strikers there? On the top of my head there's Campbell and Wickham who are rubbish and Gayle who isn't very good either but has had his reputation enhanced by doing a bit of Liverpool bashing.

Have i missed anyone because honestly I'll back Bamford to get in ahead of them 3.

Who are the strikers there? On the top of my head there's Campbell and Wickham who are rubbish and Gayle who isn't very good either but has had his reputation enhanced by doing a bit of Liverpool bashing.

Have i missed anyone because honestly I'll back Bamford to get in ahead of them 3.

There's also Chamakh...

Same as Wickham, Bamford should walk in ahead of those options, Gayle is the only even remote threat in my eyes.

But Pardew may see things differently considering they have done alright for him. And Leif has a point with what he said above.

P.S. Forgot to mention they also have Glenn Murray.

Wickham is young and already proven(to an extent) in this league. I would be shocked if, when the pressure is on, Bamford gets the continual nod over him.

Hell even in Kane's situation it only really turned out the way it did because Adebayor COMPLETELY went off pace and Soldado never fit in this league.

You can't really break through as loan player, though, unless there's an option to buy. Managers always prefer the players they have around for the long term.

Long term is an overused cliche in football, very few manager's think past the here and now when setting up their squads for the season. If Bamford is better than what they have got, he will play, just like Sturridge did at Bolton.

I mean if say for argument sake Tibo wanted to go Real Madrid and we strike a one more year then were let you go deal (like Fergie did with Ronaldo and Gerrard with Suarez) would we start using Begovic just because he will still be around next season? No, were make the most of the 2nd best keeper in the world while we still have him and worry about his replacement when he's actually gone.

Wickham is young and already proven(to an extent) in this league. I would be shocked if, when the pressure is on, Bamford gets the continual nod over him.

Hell even in Kane's situation it only really turned out the way it did because Adebayor COMPLETELY went off pace and Soldado never fit in this league.

Wickham is crap, he has a mini run of form in 4/5 games every season but bar that is useless.

Put it this way if Bamford was owned by MK Dons then Boro then signed for Palace couldn't get in ahead of Wickham, Campbell and Chamakh and someone here suggests signing him the person in question would be laughed at.

But Pardew may see things differently considering they have done alright for him. And Leif has a point with what he said above.

P.S. Forgot to mention they also have Glenn Murray.

Murray will be a tougher nut to crack but I'd still fancy him, Murray's muturity and expierence might be a problem however.

I really dont know if the lad will ever get to wear Chelsea blue but what I do think is we could have taken him out to the States to at least check him out playing in the team.

We gave Kenedy a bloody go and he isn't even in the squad!