Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

I say next season we loan him in the Championship for 6 months then access if the time is right for the step up, a bit like we did this season with L1 to the Championship.

The last thing he needs is to get rushed into a PL loan and spend most off it on the bench.

If Derby win the playoff Bamford might have a spot in their squad, he is their best goalscorer this year.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon 6 more months would do him a lot of good in the Championship, but if Derby get promoted, I want for him to go with them to the Premier League. The boy scores goals for fun, and hasn't he been playing as RM for a lot of his time there?

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon 6 more months would do him a lot of good in the Championship, but if Derby get promoted, I want for him to go with them to the Premier League. The boy scores goals for fun, and hasn't he been playing as RM for a lot of his time there?

I think good scenario would be stick with Derby either way for another season

I think good scenario would be stick with Derby either way for another season

Why? He's been thrown out on the wing and benched every time he fails to score in a single match and now he hasn't been given any sniff of the playoffs despite playing a part in getting the team there. He's done very well at Derby despite the bad way he's been handled and treated.

Next season he should be loaned to a championship team that will play him as a striker and handle him properly.

Why? He's been thrown out on the wing and benched every time he fails to score in a single match and now he hasn't been given any sniff of the playoffs despite playing a part in getting the team there. He's done very well at Derby despite the bad way he's been handled and treated.

Next season he should be loaned to a championship team that will play him as a striker and handle him properly.

The manager had said that he didnt like the way he drifted out of games and that he needed to learn to get involved in games more(the game he scored a super goal late on to win apparently he was just about to get taken off)so i guess thats whats happening last few games,but at the end of season the backroom staff will look at the progress he has made and decide has he progressed enough to play premiership footie or championship again,but if Derby do get promoted it looks the logical move imho,with talks with Cfc on working on certain areas.Ps i think he came on Sundays game with a assist.

We should loan him somewhere he will be starter.He made good season and some of the Premiership clubs may want him but they can't offer him starting place.So maybe we will loan him in Championship.My only hope is to see him playing regularly and hope not to f*ck him up as the club did with many youngers.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/21/patrick-bamford-derby-county-qpr-chelsea

Pretty good interview of Bamford in the Guardian.

Seems like Mourinho and the club have plans for him next season to possibly have him as the 3rd choice ST.

Quality read that. Crazy how he turned down a scholarship from Havard University to play football though.

I'm not sure I like the idea of him being bandied about as a possible 3rd choice striker. Was that conversation before or after the interest in Mandzukic? I mean if he is in the running for 3rd choice doesn't that mean Costa, Torres and Bamford with Lukaku gone?

Or does it mean that Torres is indeed gone and we will have Costa, Mandzukic and Bamford? Or Costa, Lukaku, Bamford?

I'm so confused... Maybe they're just dangling the carrot to get him to sign a new contract

Quality read that. Crazy how he turned down a scholarship from Havard University to play football though.

I always thought he had an intellectual schoolboy look about him. I can equally imagine him just living at his family house inbetween games like it says in the article (Jones did the same at Blackburn). Hard to imagine him mixing it up with the more cunty people in football.

I'm not sure I like the idea of him being bandied about as a possible 3rd choice striker. Was that conversation before or after the interest in Mandzukic? I mean if he is in the running for 3rd choice doesn't that mean Costa, Torres and Bamford with Lukaku gone?

Or does it mean that Torres is indeed gone and we will have Costa, Mandzukic and Bamford? Or Costa, Lukaku, Bamford?

I'm so confused... Maybe they're just dangling the carrot to get him to sign a new contract

Before. He conversed with Mourinho back in March, according to that article.

Mind, it's only a possibility of Bamford being the 3rd choice ST. Nothing is decided yet but Mourinho and the club do seem to like him. May well have a future at the club.

Before. He conversed with Mourinho back in March, according to that article.

Mind, it's only a possibility of Bamford being the 3rd choice ST. Nothing is decided yet but Mourinho and the club do seem to like him. May well have a future at the club.

Well the likelihood seems quite high especially because we need homegrown talent and will only really require one striker on the bench. He could be the Ba of this year, making the bench every now an then, getting the odd start... I'm not opposed to it, we have to start blooding in some of these youngsters, Carlo was the only one to give them a chance.

I just hope it doesn't mean Lukaku is out would much rather it be Torres with Costa and Lukaku brought in. Not exactly the same as having Mandzukic, Costa and Lukaku but I'm equally excited about having the youth get a chance as I am about stocking the shelves to make a real run at the Prem/CL

I think Bamford is on the bubble of our first team squad..ideally a season's loan to Derby if they go up or another premiership team where he would get plenty of games might be the best for him.but i'd rather roll with him than Torres as our 3rd striker and don't want us buying so many strikers that it closes the door on him getting a chance the season after next.

I'm not a huge fan of loaning players out time after time..in most cases i prefer to loan a player once or twice at most and use our own coaches to develop them.