Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm afraid he's been in such great form that we're all going to be disappointed when he learn he's actually a human 20 year old and not second coming of Ronaldo. =(

One of my favorite loanees, just keeps scoring goals without much attention. The best is he's doing it out of position as a right winger. And of the 5 goals he's scored for Derby, if I recall correctly, every single one meant more points (i.e. Derby either won by one or tied). What a lad.

Steve McClaren on Bamford...

http://www.teamtalk.com/championship/9173079/Sky-Bet-Championship-Steve-McClaren-praises-Patrick-Bamford-after-Wednesday-win

"We have got players who can produce quality, there wasn't enough on the night but as the game went on it opened up and you can't calculate for a goal like that," the former England manager said.

"It was sheer quality and class to win what was a scrappy game.

"We nearly took him off, but you watch him training and he struggles to hit the big net and hits a lot of cars!

"I thought 'Here were go again' but this time he kept it down and it was a thunderbolt.

"He can frustrate you and sometimes flits in and out of games, but he is a match-winner and that's what he was tonight.

"He scores important goals, they're not just any goals. We're just delighted we have got him and we are very surprised how well he has done."

To be honest I would keep him as our 3rd choice striker, start giving youth a chance if they are not enough then sell them, this business of loaning players after loaning even after impressin on loan has to stop, I'm sure this kid is as good as Demba Ba but will have way lower wages than him, he looks like a goal poacher something we have not had for a while, I actually rate his goal poaching ablities to the level of Etoo when he was at his peak and with the right coaching and attitude he can be a useful 12-20 goal striker for CFC tht is if he is given a chance