Patrick Bamford

Kieran.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Derby can keep winning and manage themselves through the promotion playoffs, a season at Derby in the BPL would be great. We could also encourage Derby to take on other young Chelsea players on loan if they feel they need reinforcements.

If Derby can keep winning and manage themselves through the promotion playoffs, a season at Derby in the BPL would be great. We could also encourage Derby to take on other young Chelsea players on loan if they feel they need reinforcements.

Problem is their manager still insists on playing him on the left wing. We need to send him to somewhere were we he can play as a striker, even is that means another season in the championship. There's no need to rush his development.

hope he helps to get them promoted and plays in PL with them

Like I said before, I'm not too keen for him to stay at Derby because the manager still refuses to play him as a striker and dumps him on the left wing. If they get promoted, I don't think he'll be a starter for them.

Like I said before, I'm not too keen for him to stay at Derby because the manager still refuses to play him as a striker and dumps him on the left wing. If they get promoted, I don't think he'll be a starter for them.

I will be delighted if he plays anywhere in the PL next season ... I never expected him to play

in higher than league 1

I will be delighted if he plays anywhere in the PL next season ... I never expected him to play

in higher than league 1

He's exceeded my expectations too. I never expected him to shine in League 1, let alone the championship. But that is exactly why I think that maybe it is best to not rush things with him and loan him back to the championship.

Would love to see this kid get a shot in a few years time. Really, really impressed with him from what I've seen here and there. I agree with above, another loan to the championship next season, hopefully with a team that will use him to spearhead their attack rather than support it, then see how he does. Well done Bamford, for all the Torres disappointment, its nice to come onto this thread and see him doing so well albeit not for us....yet.

Steve McClaren on Bamford after Derby beat Charlton earlier today..

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/9239426

McClaren knows how important Bamford has been since his arrival on loan in January and he said: "He came as a striker, that's where he wanted to play but we have kind of played him as one of the three strikers on the right hand side and given him the licence to roam and get in the box and score goals.

"But what has impressed me is his actual work rate, his discipline and the work he does for the teams. It's like we always say to him, his feedback is about if he was at Chelsea, not here, so we demand a lot from him and at the moment, he's delivering.