Cahill & Luiz?

Joshyboy

Alot of people have been saying the person most under threat from Gary Cahill's arrival is David Luiz, now as much as I love our Iconic Captain hes a couple of seasons away from being in the same situation as Lampard, hes going to need to be rested and revitalized.

So I put to you my friends, Gary Cahill & David Luiz pairing up at center back? Luiz has been playing fantastically since we singed Cahill against Norwich and QPR earlier today and its good to see, so a youthfull pairing of the two seems on the cards to me.

Off topic, has anyone noticed we rarely ever seem to play the long ball forward? I know Luiz and JT hit them now and then but the ball spends the majority of the time being passed between midfield and defense

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I've been saying for a while. There's no way Cahill's in to replace Luiz, it must be for Terry. Ideally Jones would've been the perfect Terry replacement, but Cahill also has a build to replace him.

For me, Luiz has to have a permanent place in that back 4, of course performances depending.

Alot of people have been saying the person most under threat from Gary Cahill's arrival is David Luiz, now as much as I love our Iconic Captain hes a couple of seasons away from being in the same situation as Lampard, hes going to need to be rested and revitalized.

So I put to you my friends, Gary Cahill & David Luiz pairing up at center back? Luiz has been playing fantastically since we singed Cahill against Norwich and QPR earlier today and its good to see, so a youthfull pairing of the two seems on the cards to me.

Off topic, has anyone noticed we rarely ever seem to play the long ball forward? I know Luiz and JT hit them now and then but the ball spends the majority of the time being passed between midfield and defense

Luiz must play that good in crucial games.

Gary Cahill isn't good enough to be our starting CB. Yes, yes, we should let him play first and see how he does, but he really isn't good enough. I think JT will be okay for next season, but 18 months down the line we definitely have to be looking at signing a potentially world-class centreback, like Subotic, Hummels, etc.

David Luiz has been very good this season. He has had some horrible lapses in concentration which have/could have dearly cost us, definitely, but he has been showing tremendous signs of improvement and in a purely defensive sense - when he's not being stupid - he has been brilliant and certainly has the potential to be world-class

One thing I like about Luiz which doesn't seem to be understood by alot of commentators, while its risky and he can do it at COMPLETELY the wrong times, he plays the ball out of defense usually with a bit of technical skill, which in my opinion is alot better than hoofing it up the pitch and having it come back to you, but sometimes you need to clear it.

Its been said plenty of times before hes still fairly young and has a fair bit to learn but I don't see any reason he can't become a world class center back

Gary Cahill isn't good enough to be our starting CB. Yes, yes, we should let him play first and see how he does, but he really isn't good enough. I think JT will be okay for next season, but 18 months down the line we definitely have to be looking at signing a potentially world-class centreback, like Subotic, Hummels, etc.

+1 for this bit ive been saying it all along, Cahill will be a valuble squad player in the coming years but no way should we be building our defence around him and the suggestion's he is here to relegate Luiz to the bench is ludicrious.

I'd rather have Ivanovic and Cahill tbh with Luiz either at RB or in Midfield but i dunno why there's negativity about Cahill, he's a brilliant defender and a brilliant footballer who is good enough to be our first choice CB. Future Chelsea captain too, in 2 or 3 years, he will be.

Luiz and Cahill have to be our CBs for the next years... well, it depends on how well Bruma will do, but I expect us to sell Bruma... so, with Terry getting older, Cahill has to take his chances to show Andre that he can fill the player's role of Terry. As much as I love watching Terry playing, he really needs to be rested more. He's 31 now, and with his back problems we really have to be careful in deciding which game he should play and which not. I don't know about his ego, but Terry has to accept that he won't be playing every game in the future.

I'd rather have Ivanovic and Cahill tbh with Luiz either at RB or in Midfield but i dunno why there's negativity about Cahill, he's a brilliant defender and a brilliant footballer who is good enough to be our first choice CB. Future Chelsea captain too, in 2 or 3 years, he will be.

I think the armband should go to the player with the most Caps and best lockeroom presence.. But I'm old school like that.

I think the armband should go to the player with the most Caps and best lockeroom presence.. But I'm old school like that.

Yeah I always thought after Terry, Lamps and Drogba the captain would be Cech (all are spine of the old guard, interestingly).

Its not about being negative to Cahill we are all aware we have a very good defender on our hands but Ivanovic, Luiz, JT, Cole is a proven solid back four, even more so with Romeu infront of them, if it aint broke.....