Chelsea 3-3 Man United

BlueLion.

What pisses me off most - when we're three nil up do I think this could be 6 or 7 no., I think we'll be lucky to win this. That's maybe me, but I was right. Don't give much mind to the decisions or changes - the bottom line is you don't lose a 3 goal advantage at home - no matter who, no matter how

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why we didn't tighten up after scoring the third is beyond me, Romeu should of came on much earlier than he did. After scoring the third we should have looked to hit Man United on the break because all Man United were doing were attacking and they looked vulnerable in defence because they were committing players forward. After the third goal we should have played how we did against Valencia.

Mata was amazing, easily our best player so far this season. Sturridge played well and looked much better compared to what he has been in the last few weeks. To be fair he probably played well because Man United were not playing as defensive as teams in previous weeks have been. He was given more space and time to run at players which is his main asset when playing on the right. Essien and Ivanovic were also some of our better players today. It's good to have Essien back, Meireles didn't impress me much once again although I do like him. It will be good to get Lampard back.

Overall, there were some positives but we should have won that game.

There was no reason to tighten up because after the third goal we dominated united.

united is a very good team in term of attacking the box, so no matter what AVB did, I am certain united will have penalty shout.

Because no one expected to get a point or win.

So yes, chill the fuck out.

Our team is not good enough, so how do you expect them to hold such a lead against one of the best manager in history?

Come on now, one of the best teams in history? One of the best clubs in history yes, but this current Man Utd team is average by their standards and the standards set by the truly top teams in Europe (Real Madrid and Barcelona)

@ MGuerreiro

The second penalty was never a pen, not questionable or debatable, Utd fan Webb simply got it catastrophically wrong, if you think that is understandable then answer me this, do you think we would of got those decisions at Old fucking Trafford? He gave them the initiative to get back into this game by giving them a very soft first penalty then helps them for 2 more by making very poor decisions. Only Utd and Ferguson can get these decisions and its a testament to bacon face that he has a psychological edge on every manager and ref in the Prem, he constantly barracked the fourth official in the first half and i have no doubt this put pressure on Webb to give them an unlikely draw, no other team would get these decisions at the Bridge, maybe one but 3 contentious decisions - not a chance, were the second was just unbelievable!

My point is they were huffing and puffing before the penalty decisions but were hardly creating anything of note, Webb's favourable decisions were the catalyst of their fightback at 3 -1 i could see us holding out and perhaps extending our lead but he gave them the second and you just knew we would capitulate.

AVB is really starting to confuse me, didn't understand Bosingwa at left back when we are trying to introduce a very capable young player in Bertrand but fair play he got away with it, starts Malouda after all he did against Swansea was give possession away so in effect he rewards his poor showing with a start? I saw a lot of Bertrand at Reading and he was great going forward so he could of played there? AVB then does what some of us have been asking for weeks and that is to play Mata in the middle so i can't knock him for that albeit too late but why Sturridge and not Malouda off? Evra was on a yellow surely it would of made sense to stick with the pace of Sturridge to get Evra sent off? Not only that Malouda was having another one of those games? Must just be my thinking..........

Not blaming AVB totally, Webb gets that vote, i just think his contribution didn't help. Yes people its a decent point under the circumstances but NOT WHEN YOU ARE 3 FUCKING NIL UP ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember something similar a few years ago. Spurs leading Man Utd, Webb gives a penalty that was never a penalty in a million years, Man Utd get the momentum from that and go on to win the game (and the title), vintage Howard Webb.

Come on now, one of the best teams in history? One of the best clubs in history yes, but this current Man Utd team is average by their standards and the standards set by the truly top teams in Europe (Real Madrid and Barcelona)

I stop reading after you said one of the best teams in history.

That was nowhere in my writing. Should read better, and stop making up stuff.

What I said was one of the best manager in the history.

Ah yes, so you did, my apologies. However your point is still a bit ridiculous. Even if Ferguson is one of the best managers in history, unless he is some kind of Maradona/Messi hybrid and plans on coming onto the pitch himself then Id say it is reasonably acceptable for fans of a club the size of Chelsea to expect them to hold onto a 3-0 lead. Of course that is difficult to do when Howard Webb is around. Im all for taking the positives out of the game but not expecting us to hold onto a 3-0 lead makes it sound like you think we are a Confrence team or something, we aren't, we are 3 time Premier League winners.

Ah yes, so you did, my apologies. However your point is still a bit ridiculous. Even if Ferguson is one of the best managers in history, unless he is some kind of Maradona/Messi hybrid and plans on coming onto the pitch himself then Id say it is reasonably acceptable for fans of a club the size of Chelsea to expect them to hold onto a 3-0 lead. Of course that is difficult to do when Howard Webb is around. Im all for taking the positives out of the game but not expecting us to hold onto a 3-0 lead makes it sound like you think we are a Confrence team or something, we aren't, we are 3 time Premier League winners.

Like I said, when you are facing one of the best managers in the history then it will be difficult. You have to make sure you kill them like City did to United.

Another great manager that does wonder with their team is Mourinho.

He keeps winning everywhere he goes, and he transform this Chelsea similar to what SAF has done for United.

Like I said, when you are facing one of the best managers in the history then it will be difficult. You have to make sure you kill them like City did to United.

He keeps winning everywhere he goes, and he transform this Chelsea similar to what SAF has done for United.

In an ideal world we would have gone for the kill but our team isn't as good as Man City's , the league table doesn't lie. This was a Chelsea team missing half of its first team regulars, with a centre back making his debut for the club and a midfielder making his first start after a long term injury, with all of that taken into acounr we did well to get it to 3-0 in the first place.

And yes Mourinho is a wonderful manager, however Mourinho also had a much better squad to work with when he was at Chelsea than AVB does now, AVB is trying to build a top quality squad so that we can challenge in the future.

And that's the actual Chelsea - even when we are 3-0 up at home most of us still wasn't sure that we will take all 3 points. We are very shaky at the moment and even when we have 3 goals up still we cant be sure that we win. I hope they will fix it. Even year ago we were more consistency and Chelsea could hold that advantage.

@ MGuerreiro The second penalty was never a pen, not questionable or debatable, Utd fan Webb simply got it catastrophically wrong, if you think that is understandable then answer me this, do you think we would of got those decisions at Old fucking Trafford? He gave them the initiative to get back into this game by giving them a very soft first penalty then helps them for 2 more by making very poor decisions. Only Utd and Ferguson can get these decisions and its a testament to bacon face that he has a psychological edge on every manager and ref in the Prem, he constantly barracked the fourth official in the first half and i have no doubt this put pressure on Webb to give them an unlikely draw, no other team would get these decisions at the Bridge, maybe one but 3 contentious decisions - not a chance, were the second was just unbelievable! My point is they were huffing and puffing before the penalty decisions but were hardly creating anything of note, Webb's favourable decisions were the catalyst of their fightback at 3 -1 i could see us holding out and perhaps extending our lead but he gave them the second and you just knew we would capitulate. AVB is really starting to confuse me, didn't understand Bosingwa at left back when we are trying to introduce a very capable young player in Bertrand but fair play he got away with it, starts Malouda after all he did against Swansea was give possession away so in effect he rewards his poor showing with a start? I saw a lot of Bertrand at Reading and he was great going forward so he could of played there? AVB then does what some of us have been asking for weeks and that is to play Mata in the middle so i can't knock him for that albeit too late but why Sturridge and not Malouda off? Evra was on a yellow surely it would of made sense to stick with the pace of Sturridge to get Evra sent off? Not only that Malouda was having another one of those games? Must just be my thinking.......... Not blaming AVB totally, Webb gets that vote, i just think his contribution didn't help. Yes people its a decent point under the circumstances but NOT WHEN YOU ARE 3 FUCKING NIL UP ITS NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't think we would get those penalty decisions at Old Trafford. And that bothers me. But it doesn't change the fact that it's understandable to give it. I really can't see how you can just state that it wasn't a penalty. Ivanovic was backing from the challing, but, unfortunately he caught Welbeck. Both were very soft, but it's not like those decisions that went against us vs Barcelona a few years ago, it's not like Ivanovic or Sturridge didn't touch Evra and Welbeck.

Malouda had a really bad game, and he isn't good enough for Chelsea. I won't argue with that. But come on, arguing that maybe he should've put Bertrand on the left wing for the first time against United? He's okay going forward but do you have any idea if he is even capable of playing on the left wing? Why not just put Ivanovic there, I mean, he's okay at going forward.

And I don't really see any other option than to have Malouda on the left wing under these circumstances. At least not if you want to have Mata in the middle.

Like I said in my earlier post, Sturridge was having a bad game. I don't think anyone can deny that. And he doesn't track back enough, and isn't good enough in defending. Malouda, despite all his flaws, does track back. And come on, how do we know Sturridge's pace would mean Evra would get another yellow card.. to not subsitute Sturridge solely on that would have been ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sure it was the right subsitution, but under the circumstances I definately understand it.

I just watched the AVB interview with MOTD. I like AVB, I've liked AVB since he arrived, I like that he takes exception to the sly little digs that the media constantly take at Chelsea and from hearing him speak it is obvious that he is very intelligent and knowledgeable about the game. It hasn't been an easy start to his Chelsea career, unlike other managers who have arrived at the club with a team of champions ready made, AVB has had to overlook a period of transition as the remains of Mourinho's great side have been slowly fazed out to make way for a new look Chelsea. Its is a lengthy process that has taken longer than it should, due to the club firing managers to soon and creating an environment in which transition is not possible. I like AVB's approach to football, the way he wants the team to play, I honestly believe he will be a big success given the chance.

And that's the actual Chelsea - even when we are 3-0 up at home most of us still wasn't sure that we will take all 3 points. We are very shaky at the moment and even when we have 3 goals up still we cant be sure that we win. I hope they will fix it. Even year ago we were more consistency and Chelsea could hold that advantage.

Mainly because it was Man utd - don't think anyone would feel that way against any other side, even Man city - and if there's only thing they're very good at, it is coming back when it seems like they have been knocked out.

It depends on whoever the ref is though :lol:

Mainly because it was Man utd - don't think anyone would feel that way against any other side, even Man city - and if there's only thing they're very good at, it is coming back when it seems like they have been knocked out.

It depends on whoever the ref is though :lol:

Yeah, you are right - mainly because its United, but in the past while we are 3 up even againts Utd then people were quite confident about a victory.

Quite funny reading through all the pages of comments from the 2nd half lol. We all thought we had it won in truth but you should never say it's over til some fat bitch sings apparently. Can't wait for the weekend. Us away to Everton & Arsenal away at Sunderland. We need big favours from the mackems against them twice. The next 6 games could shape the season.