Paul Pogba

Madmax

12 minutes ago, DDA said:

For once I am going to say, Thank fuck we haven't ended up going in for a top player.

That kind of money just isnmt justifiable! 

Pogba is brilliant but he isn't anywhere near Rinaldo\Messi or Bales level! The Euros proved that! 

Like it or not.. United are defo back in the title race this season! 

My gut feeling is we're going to end up overpaying for some average talent this window so your words might end up foolish. At least Pogba's talented. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nono said:

My gut feeling is we're going to end up overpaying for some average talent this window so your words might end up foolish. At least Pogba's talented. 

No foolish would be to pay 100 million pounds or Eruos, whatever the currency be. Paul Pogba is not worth that sum of money by any stretch of the imgination. I mean it when I say I would rather have an in form Kante in our team than the Paul Pogba I saw playing for his country in a tournement his home nation was hosting! There is no denying Pogbas potential, he could potentially become a footballing great but 100 million plus... No thanks! Also the prices that are floating around for other players such as Morata and others are just ridiculous! The market has reached new heights of stupidity! 

59 minutes ago, DDA said:

No foolish would be to pay 100 million pounds or Eruos, whatever the currency be. Paul Pogba is not worth that sum of money by any stretch of the imgination. I mean it when I say I would rather have an in form Kante in our team than the Paul Pogba I saw playing for his country in a tournement his home nation was hosting! There is no denying Pogbas potential, he could potentially become a footballing great but 100 million plus... No thanks! Also the prices that are floating around for other players such as Morata and others are just ridiculous! The market has reached new heights of stupidity! 

Yeah...don't think anyone else is going for a 100 million signing this window. At the same time, I hope we don't pay anywhere close to a fee of even 60 mill for someone like Lukaku

For once I am going to say, Thank fuck we haven't ended up going in for a top player.

That kind of money just isnmt justifiable! 

Pogba is brilliant but he isn't anywhere near Rinaldo\Messi or Bales level! The Euros proved that! 

Like it or not.. United are defo back in the title race this season! 

He needs to reach Modric or Rakitic level first.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

No foolish would be to pay 100 million pounds or Eruos, whatever the currency be. 

United are ... :D

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Paul Pogba is not worth that sum of money by any stretch of the imgination. I mean it when I say I would rather have an in form Kante in our team than the Paul Pogba I saw playing for his country in a tournement his home nation was hosting! There is no denying Pogbas potential, he could potentially become a footballing great but 100 million plus... No thanks! Also the prices that are floating around for other players such as Morata and others are just ridiculous! The market has reached new heights of stupidity! 

I dont think Pogba is like the next best thing out there ... For current generation the benchmark for "THE" next best thing would be Messis, Ronaldos, Augueros, Mullers and he doesnt come anywhere near to it ... Yes, he has potentials but I find him as someone who is over hype by the media (i might be wrong in the future). 

Also with every coming season we will see the prices of the "next Best thing" players reach insane level ... because there are huge amount of money being pumped into the Premier league and everyone wants to have a piece of it. 

23 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I'll literally laugh my ass off if RLC ends up being a better player than Pogba in few years time lol.

He's nowhere near the talent Pogba is. 

7 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

We're gonna sign pogba and lukaku....

Courtois
Azpi-Varane-Rodriguez
         Matic
   Pogba-Kanté
         Reus
Bale-Costa-Hazard

All happening this window. Welcome to the future b*tches. :P

If we were serious about being the best team again, not just one of the best teams who gets top 4 every season, we'd try and bring Conte's previous identity to this team as much as possible, and go all out for both Pogba & Morata after freeing up funds from sales of some players.

Selling Costa & Remy would give us enough to sign Morata. So that'd essentially be a trade with 0 pennies lost, for a player who'd demand less wages. (Costa 50m to Atletico, Remy 15m-19m to the Bundesliga.)

As for Pogba, we'd free up a standard 50m transfer budget that'd otherwise be spent on the likes of that Swedish defender from Benfica or the guy from Napoli, and find the other 50m from selling Matic & Courtois (there are so many other goalkeepers near enough to his level.) Looking at the current market, Matic gets you 35m, Courtois around 35m-50m. There you go. Costa, Remy, Matic & Courtois out. Pogba & Morata in. It truly can be that simple. A team with Pogba & Morata who're familiar with Conte is a lot more powerful than Courtois and scrapping the latter. Begovic is good enough to start, and I believe once this season is up we could offer a 1-year contract to Buffon who'd want to play under Conte, and have him compete with Begovic.

If we wanted to start taking the piss, Cuadrado, Pasalic (even though I'm a fan) & Marin being sold would be another 40-50m to put towards someone like Pogba. We're honestly run by monkeys, because we have *assets worth a lot of money* that we are not using. It's like owning 20 mansions and not understanding you could sell a few to bloat your bank balance giving you the place you *really* want.

I'd reinforce our defence the following season, or pick someone up cheap this season. I believe with the amount of control we'd have in midfield with both Pogba & Kante giving the ball to Oscar, we'd rarely have to call our defence into action. 

In my alternate universe, we end up indeed selling Matic to United after they miss out on Pogba due to Abramovich stunting on Mourinho.

I would also put Azpi back in position because i'm crazy.

Pogba would be a better player under Conte than under Mourinho, making him potentially even more valuable to us compared to them, since we'd get more juice out of him. The fact it'd make Conte's own time here easier would just be another bonus.  I don't support the fee at all but we have so much money sitting here, and plenty other clubs have gone out their way to buy players they don't essentially need simply to nab them from a rival, it weakens them, it sends them into a frenzy. In this case there'd be more benefits than the usual too.

OR we could be that fucking daring and sign Vidal & Dybala, or some other players that were actually just as integral to Juve's success over the past few years but didn't have the top notch marketing & abs of Pogba

1 hour ago, Leif said:

If we were serious about being the best team again, not just one of the best teams who gets top 4 every season, we'd try and bring Conte's previous identity to this team as much as possible, and go all out for both Pogba & Morata after freeing up funds from sales of some players.

Selling Costa & Remy would give us enough to sign Morata. So that'd essentially be a trade with 0 pennies lost, for a player who'd demand less wages. (Costa 50m to Atletico, Remy 15m-19m to the Bundesliga.)

As for Pogba, we'd free up a standard 50m transfer budget that'd otherwise be spent on the likes of that Swedish defender from Benfica or the guy from Napoli, and find the other 50m from selling Matic & Courtois (there are so many other goalkeepers near enough to his level.) Looking at the current market, Matic gets you 35m, Courtois around 35m-50m. There you go. Costa, Remy, Matic & Courtois out. Pogba & Morata in. It truly can be that simple. A team with Pogba & Morata who're familiar with Conte is a lot more powerful than Courtois and scrapping the latter. Begovic is good enough to start, and I believe once this season is up we could offer a 1-year contract to Buffon who'd want to play under Conte, and have him compete with Begovic.

If we wanted to start taking the piss, Cuadrado, Pasalic (even though I'm a fan) & Marin being sold would be another 40-50m to put towards someone like Pogba. We're honestly run by monkeys, because we have *assets worth a lot of money* that we are not using. It's like owning 20 mansions and not understanding you could sell a few to bloat your bank balance giving you the place you *really* want.

I'd reinforce our defence the following season, or pick someone up cheap this season. I believe with the amount of control we'd have in midfield with both Pogba & Kante giving the ball to Oscar, we'd rarely have to call our defence into action. 

In my alternate universe, we end up indeed selling Matic to United after they miss out on Pogba due to Abramovich stunting on Mourinho.

I would also put Azpi back in position because i'm crazy.

... We'd have no depth once 1-2 players get injured.

43 minutes ago, obiwan92 said:

Not even 1-2 during the entire season? I hope so...

don't play in europe this year..it's hard to buy top players without europe.. 

if i were Conte i'll buy de sciglio, manolas (or ranocchia), parolo stop..and sell remy, pedro..

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You